Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

What the hell am I going to play until the next playtest?! Everything else sucks now :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Oh sick you're all talking about double spell memory. He just posted this new vid a handful of hours ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06xetHL5ta4

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Me, everyday without Dark and Darker.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I'm all for the change, careless infinite arrow spamming rangers and fighters are lame as hell. Combine the change with a slow arrow fletching ability where you make like 10 arrows in about the time it takes to Meditate, or maybe it's an infinite channel where you continuously make more until you cancel it. Either way the arrows produced are grey, unsellable, and can't be put into your stash. Make it exclusive to Rangers so Fighters can only carry-in and loot arrows.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Linking for the thumbnail
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Uz-EuvG1k

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Smythe posted:

I don’t give a poo poo bitch. I want to play the freaking wizard war. gently caress you!

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSz16ngdsG0

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy hell what a poo poo show. Lmao indeed.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

me and 2 other goons were in the same dungeon as SoBadStrange earlier before the servers poo poo themselves, I hope our deaths are in a video . I heard him mentioned before for yelling at another goon or something, lol

yoooo good games

Servers are up everyone.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

They made this poo poo way too dark. No way they meant to make it this bad.

edit: could just be confirmation bias but it seems like a lot more reds have been spawning.

There are definitely more reds spawning and the weapon variants are all so nasty when they're red. I even ran into a black skele in regular, not high roller, queue.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

I went down to high roller hell with a friend and holy fuckin' poo poo, we were the in our best gear yet, but those fuckin' nightmare enemies are just absolutely insane.

Rest in peace to the 6 capes that I found and died with during the whole playtest. Maybe it'll be extended longer so I can die with more drapes hanging past my dumb rear end.

GGs to the folks I played with on the Discord, I should have been in there more ngl.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hot freaking drat Zweihanders obliterate in Goblin Caves PVP, the second and third swings easily get around those pesky dodgers.

Also potentially RIP to this amazing game, servers just hit some monstrous lag or just stopped entirely. Glad I got 4 player kills during that last GC run with a green +2 weapon damage Zweihander that I got for 30gp off trade chat.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Apr 19, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Dreaming about dying with a fresh cape on my back.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

let's fuckin GO. new goblin caves looks awesome too

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Rumor from SoBadStrange has it that DaD is coming back tomorrow... I think it's copium, but this video dropping gives me a little hope. At least we don't have too long of a wait to find out.

Quoting for top of the page content.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Edit=/=Reply dammit

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Let's freakin' gooooo. I just grew another arm to cross more fingers.

SBS just dropped this too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwSbZj7HmE4

new stuff: luck potion for better drops, staff shows Warlock in usable classes. Also contains some theory crafting over the 6, 14 and 21 in the players names: playtest 4 came out on the 6th, 5 was on the 14th, so maybe it's coming out on the 21st?

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 19, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

21st or it'll be a month at least.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Good luck getting through the registration and stuff, the manual ddos is real.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Yeah this is sooooooo much infinitely slower than the torrent was for me. Like 1/10th of the speeds. Ugh.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

god drat this download is so freaking slow

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy poo poo the newest version of Goblin Caves is even nuttier. New mini-boss level hp pool mob, the Giant Centipede, which seems like a juiced up Death Beetle with 6x more HP. Right click with the Barb's dumpster starting axe does a great job of getting the hits in while still strafing around the fucker, and I've only seen them in rather constricted areas. Now there are flame traps and the cave bats have a sonic screech that totally screws up your vision. It's awesome :allears:

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Yeah gear is crazy important in overcoming adversity. I had a streak of extracting 4 times in a row with a friend and one where only one of us got out the 2 rounds beforehand. On the 4th of the streak we found a nuts purple plates legs for his cleric and with all of his other decentish gear from runs before that he hadn't stashed away because it was too good for a level 6 to die with he straight up tanked a red skele blow only taking <10% total HP in damage. A little bit before this post I extracted 4/5 times in a row, with a fresh character, as a ranger, almost entirely because I went back into the dungeon with grey shop bought Longbows and Arming Swords. Magic staffs are virtually always worse than a spellbook or crystal ball, and the starting staff for the wiz (and lesser so Warlock) is absolute dogshit. It doesn't hurt as bad as a Cleric, even though any book would be better.

That being said, losing stuff isn't that big of a deal and should be expected, there are absolutely going to be seasonal wipes. The more blinged out the larger the target, everybody wants a cape. The most important part is being able to get past the zero extractions thus zero gold point; going into a dungeon with a 8gp Falchion is a TON better than the free arming sword.

Pay-for, or 'play a ton to buy with earned currency', cosmetics that at best have a minor stat change are fine by me, especially if IM does actually continue to support the title in a non-f2p/p2w kind of way assuming that they don't get sued into annihilation. Oh no, the squirrel on a skewer is paid currency only :laugh: Iron Mace has said from the start that they weren't going to put OP FOMO equipment behind paygates, if they stick to that I'll be darn happy. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about new classes being behind the same gates, but I am almost at my first earned blue shard after night two of EA.

BaconCopter fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Aug 9, 2023

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hell yeah, congrats! The mini-boss mobs seem to be dropping significantly, and consistently, better stuff than previous rounds. Those purple plate pants my friend got were off of a wraith that we killed, and he sold them for 750 gp within the hour. I think I've only seen one or two that had fully disappointing drops.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Oh hell yeah. The stutter luckily only ruined one run that I went in with mediocre loot, the other 5 or so times were all starting loot only runs.

I think I found the highest selling single slot item that I've seen yet.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Hell yeah game loving rules

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

How the hell is this game so drat good? I had a ton of fun doing runs with some folks on the Discord, lots of wins, lots of deaths, lots and lots of purposeful... and some accidental collateral murder. I'm sorry.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy gently caress... high roller Goblin Caves is CRAZY. There are so many nasty traps everywhere, many activating from pressure plates directly in front of chests or randomly placed on the ground. The two worst that I've seen are one that made a skele champ appear a few feet away from me and the other dropped a ton of spiders onto my head. The giant spider enemies are big jerks too, their ranged web attack prevents you from attacking for a few seconds.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

A Bard could lower their armor rating by 40 playing Shriek of Weakness perfectly.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

drat this game is loving ridiculous. A friend saw a hole in a higher part of a wall and found a small jumping puzzle in the small library room that has a speed shrine and spider pot, and I finally had the proper time to do it due to a friendly circle. It's surprisingly hard to get the proper alignment for the final placement due to wall geometry designed to push you off. Just as the swarm was starting to close in I got the jump, found an unlocked lion's head chest, and found a (super mid rolled) purple Occultist Boots. It has to be dead simple as a Rogue with double jump. Keep them peepers peeping dungeon delvers.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Holy poo poo. I'm not sure if there's anything more fun in this game than getting a perfect giant worm spawn in the Ruins, hopping down and easily killing it, and then standing behind the wall near the lever for the elevator that's the only way down into the chamber. I swear I just wasted at least 6 players whole runtime returning the lift to the top before anyone could jump down.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Jorge Bell posted:

Can we update and/or get a new link to the goon Dk&Dkr discord?

https://discord.gg/ksxjdTU3

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Hell yeah. It felt like we were really hitting a phenomenal groove with those later runs. This game is practically unjustifiably fun, whoops there goes a whole handful of hours.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Barb, Bard, Cleric is certainly the meta. Definitely had some amazingly unhinged murder sprees tonight. Punched a nerd to death too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

God drat that's a lot of patch notes. SO many things addressed in one update:

The first Early Access Wipe will be held next Monday. All character levels, items, gold, and skills will be reset. Bluestone Shards will never be reset. Triumph Levels will not be reset this time and will only be reset at the start of the official seasons. A new Early Access leaderboard will start shortly after the wipe, once things have stabilized.

Patch Notes:
An additional character slot has been added so you can create at least 1 of each class now.
Currency used to unlock classes has been returned.
Game time has been slightly increased for the Normal Inferno map.
Game time has been increased for all High Roller maps.
Added an additional blue portal and the Death Swarm closing times have been modified to close slower for the Goblin Cave maps.
Shrine of Protection's ‘Physical Damage Reduction’ buff has been reduced from 30% to 15%.
Pots and Crates give a little bit of EXP when broken instead of zero EXP.
QoL update - Silver coins now stack to 30 instead of 25 per slot.
The Armor Rating curve has been modified and slightly flattened at the very high range.
Physical Damage Reduction now has a hard cap of 85%.
Rogue’s double jump has been modified to apply a temporarily movement speed reduction upon landing. The maximum height of the double jump has also been slightly reduced.
Rogue’s Weakpoint Attack now reduces the target's Armor Rating by 40% instead of reducing the Physical Damage Reduction.
Rogue can no longer equip the Hand Crossbow.
Fighter’s Taunt ability’s Physical Damage Reduction reduced from 15% to 10%.
Fighter’s Barricade gives +50 armor rating in defensive position instead of +15% Physical Damage Reduction.
Ranger's Penetrating Shot now grants 25% more Armor Penetration and an error in the description text has been fixed.
Bard’s Din of Darkness's ‘Attribute Damage Ratio’ reduced from 10%/30%/50% to 6%/9%/12%.
Explosive Bottle and Oil Lantern now do magical damage instead of physical damage.
Instruments are now bard-only.
Significantly reduced the values for 'Physical Damage Reduction' that appear as random attributes on items.
Falchion damage has been slightly reduced.
Windlass Crossbow has 25% armor penetration.
Crossbow has 20% armor penetration.
The Hand Crossbow has 5% armor penetration.
Flanged Mace and Morning Star have 15% armor penetration.
War Maul has 30% armor penetration.
Magic Staff now have Magical Damage by default.
Reduced the base projectile damage reduction values for Plate Armors.