Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

what's supposed to be the point of dual wielding, outside of the crystal ball? i can see a case for it giving you two different movesets, but none of the rogue weapons seem different enough to justify the movespeed cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

for people who are having trouble with monsters, I found a couple runs bumbling through the goblin caves as rogue helped with that immensely. you have far more movespeed than anyone else but very short range, which naturally leads to circle strafing and baiting and the realization that npc enemies are entirely predictable and controllable.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

curious what people make of interaction speed as a mechanic. I (mostly playing ranger/cleric) have found it lightly annoying but mostly balanced, my friend (who only plays wizard) complains it makes soloing as wizard basically impossible

also what does magic interaction speed even do?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It definitely makes certain classes better at doing certain types of things. I don't loot chests on my cleric, it takes too long, only bodies, and I let our ranger do the chest looting. E: I also don't open doors.

My guess is that magic interaction is altar of sacrifice (other altars?), but it may be broken because ~playtest~.

i think it must be because one of the core issues we encountered was the ranger seeming to have a much faster altar of sacrifice time than the wizard despite having a negative magic interaction stat