Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well I killed the troll king, and my reward was 2 purples, a blue, one piece of jewelry, a locked chest and 2 potions. It's funny but doesn't seem worth it vs just how absurdly long it takes to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've now killed the troll 3 times as a rogue so I could have lockpicking and determined this fight is not worthwhile unless you're going in as an extremely geared ranger to just murder it with headshots. It's neat that's there's a functional boss that's fightable solo but it just has so much hp that you spend nearly the entire instance timer killing it, and a single mistake probably oneshots you outright.
The loot isn't anything too special either, seems to be a guaranteed purple, and a few other biased towards high tier loot as well as a locked lion's head chest.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Barbarian seems like it has very few functional weapon options, felling axe is the one 2handed weapon that swings fast enough that you can actually hit people who have any idea how to dodge, horseman's axe/hatchet are solid 1handers that get the axe mastery boost, quarterstaff's damage kind of sucks but it's hard to dodge with low movement penalty and the bardiche has absurd range/damage but it's absurdly slow as well. Everything else is some sort of 2hander feels like it swings as slow as the bardiche without the damage/range to make up for it.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Sure hoping the +all attributes note doesn't mean they're bringing back +3 all attribute rolls again.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I think gear rolls needed to be improved a bit from the initial iteration of this patch, but it's pretty absurd now. I look forward to eventually getting oneshot by a single arrow to the chest because the wearer has +2 all and +weapon damage on everything.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Goodbye sub 15 queue, I'll miss you.
Patch seems good overall though, assuming the modifier changes means high end gear is noticably worse than it is now.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 5, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

The gear gap works more in Tarkov because in the end, a single mosin round to the face will kill you pretty much regardless of how good your armor is, a pistoling could get a lucky headshot or just unload into your legs until you die. The lack of a BR circle also means that players aren't inevitably funneled into face to face confrontations where the better gear gives a massive advantage.
Meanwhile the closest that DAD has to a mosin man is like, a wizard who dies if anyone looks at them funny and has the worst PvE clear in the game while being unable to escape a decked out barb running at them with 50%+ MR and 350 speed especially before the modifier nerf.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Don't worry everyone, the devs have once again decided to undo the last patch after not even a day has gone by, apparently.
I have no clue what their intended vision is for how impactful gear is, and I'm starting to think they don't either.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It's an EA title that's very clearly not anywhere near done, it's perfectly reasonable that your stuff could get deleted or changed on a moment's notice. All this constant flipflopping can't possibly be getting much useful data about how much modifier variance impacts whatever it is they're trying to figure out.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Sounds like the "slight changes" are keeping the most recent changes to equipment base values and removing +2 all, but this still means that +3 weapon damage can show up on armor again. Hooray.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm a fan of being unable to trade with your own characters unless you buy a second account and use that as an intermediary, or have a friend help you.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Tried playing a few rounds and just got hunted down by weapon damage/stat stacked mega murderers the entire time, I'm glad this is how the game is again it's very interactive and fun.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

quote:

We will be doing the hotfix #17 update starting at October 13, 2023 10:30 AM(PST). When the patch starts, you will not be able to login to the game and players in-game will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool during this time. Players in a match or in-game will have 30 minutes to complete the match and exit safely. The server will return to full service 2 hours after the patch starts. During maintenance, all services, including the website, may be temporarily suspended to update various servers. Patch Notes:

Fixed an issue that could result in a crash when moving gold coins between gold coin containers.
Fixed an issue where postprocessing effects were not applied when using the Hide Mastery perk.
Fixed an issue where buffs would not be overwritten properly when a Bard plays the same song.
Fixed an issue where spells would sometimes not cast properly even when casting was completed correctly.
Fixed an issue where VFX was displayed abnormally large when applied to a Cockatrice.
Bard’s Allegro duration has been normalized to 8 seconds based on the Bard's default Persuasion of 20.
Bard’s Accelerando has been changed to be affected by Persuasion and has also been normalized to 8 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
Bard’s Aria of Alacrity's Action Speed reduced from 8/14/20% → 4/6/8%
Bard’s Aria of Alacrity duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
Bard’s Ballad of Courage duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
Bard’s Beat of Alacrity duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
Bard’s Beat of Alacrity's Additional Move Speed reduced from 5/10/15 → 5/7/9
Bard’s Harmonic Shield duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
Bard’s Harmonic Shield Cost increased from 4 → 5.
Bard’s Unchained Harmony Cost increased from 3 → 5.
The gold coin container rarity grade has been adjusted to ‘unique’ grade.
Longbow's projectile Speed ​​has changed reduced from 3500 → 3250, The Hitslow movement penalty from -35% → -30%, and the hit slow duration from 1.5s → 1s.
Recurve Bow’s hit slow movement penalty changed from -25% → -20%.
Higher grade Pickaxes gives more regular interaction speed.
Drum’s projectile speed changed from 1300 → 1000.
The trajectory of the drum when thrown has been slightly modified.
Damage from Dark Swarm no longer reduces the Recoverable Health.
Slightly lowered the drop rate for Trinkets and Treasures from Chests.
Very slightly lowered the drop rates for Armor and Weapons from the high grade chests (Ornate, Lion’s Head, Golden, Marvelous).
For testing purposes, you can now only enter ‘Normal' Dungeons with Rare grade items or lower. Higher grade items found in the dungeon can be used during that session.

New leaderboard system implemented for testing:

Players now need to play 20 games in a High Roller dungeon to be listed on the leaderboard for that specific dungeon.
Leaderboards now show an average score for each category that is based on the number of times you entered that specific HR dungeon.
One failed match session will be added to the average score for anyone ranked in the top 100 at the end of each day, so top ranked players cannot simply sit on their rankings.
Adventure points for HR high grade chests. (Ornate, Lion’s Head, Golden, Marvelous) has been increased significantly.
Adventure points for Goblins and the Skeleton Axeman, Speaman, and Crossbowman has been slightly increased.
Adventure points for the Sub Boss monsters has been increased.
Adventure points for killing another player has been slightly decreased.
With the completion of the patch, a new leaderboard season begins.

Developer Comments: We have been fairly satisfied with the improved loot drops in incentivizing players to go into the dungeons. We do think that there was too much treasure being given by the chests resulting in excessive gold in the economy without enough money sinks built in yet. We have reduced the drop rate of treasure and trinkets from the chests to slightly reduce the gold supply. We have also decided to test out two large experimental changes. We decided to push out a temporary leaderboard system that we believe is less grindy than previous versions. We want to collect this data to help us build the real ranked system we have planned for the next big patch. Our data in preparation for the new leaderboards when using current proxy data also showed that bards were over represented and we have implemented some balance changes we feel will bring them in line. Finally we are experimenting with the first gear based matchmaking pool and have temporarily implemented a gear cap to the Normal dungeons. We are aware that this solution has its flaws but we are interested in collecting this data. Thanks again for all the great feedback.

Huh, wonder how no purples or better in normal queue is gonna go, you can still put together some truly absurd all blue kits. Or more likely how long until it gets reverted. Nothing else seems super significant outside of some mild nerfs for longbow/drum spam & I think those are yet more hefty bard nerfs?

Einwand fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 13, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It should be safe to buy, if nothing else, since they use Xsolla for transaction purposes which far as I can tell isn't a russian scam processor. I don't think there's been much news on the legal battle for awhile though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I do hope they figure out a healthier form of equipment modifiers/stats before too long, the current meta of "additional damage/weapon damage above all" is really uninteresting to interact with.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

We'll have to see what it looks like in practice, but I'm a fan of the changes to equipment modifiers. I wonder if the reduced loot will actually encourage well geared players to go to HR, I'm going to assume "no".

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

3k gold for doubled stash space isn't that unreasonable, 10k is utterly insane though. I assume they'll stick around until the next wipe?

I think I like this patch the more I play it, though loot could probably stand to be slightly un-nerfed in drop rates.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I guess they decided to just delete double jump at this point, -20 movement speed at all times is utterly insane.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Goblin caves feel awful this patch, it's almost exclusively slayer fighters running around two shotting most classes with falchions at insane attack speeds and barbs abusing achilles + blood exchange to be functionally immortal in a 1v1.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Loot feels like it's in a good in between spot from patch 2 and the previous hotfix, the balance since the removal of super stacking damage is an absolute mess though.
Wizard's in an awful spot but at least they fixed intense focus?

Einwand fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 3, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Apparently some of the late quests can unlock some really silly craftables. Presumably we'll start seeing images of other stuff before too long.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Geared warlock is going to be absolutely disgusting as you hit them with dark reflection up for like 2/3rds of your hp bar. They'll also be functionally immune to magic from non-clerics given anti-magic is apparently applied as an invisible additive damage reduction.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 30, 2023

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Recent Q&A notes are up. They apparently want to try and have a Tarkov scav-esque system for playing as monsters which sounds (pick one) fun/awful/interesting. New map on wednesday and it won't be part of the normal map rotation for the time being.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Apparently they're going to do a rollback due to how bad things have gotten.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So, magic heal warlock is just not a build now I guess? You'd need basically perfect gear for it to even go even.
Also odd, what's the point to phantomize making you weak to magic if you can't even get hit by aoe spells now.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I've been making an attempt to get back into dark and darker the last little bit, been having fun just taking a longsword into the ice caves and figuring out how to parry poo poo. This map seems great, not having a circle kicks rear end.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Classic Iron Mace where they nerf the perk and also the equipment related to that perk but not the actual reason the perk is broken, the %scaling for additional/true magic damage.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So what exactly do they even want rogues to do at this point I wonder. Direct combat gets them instantly killed from their awful str + vigour, they're barely any faster than anyone else by default with repeated nerfs to base agi and now smoke pot kiting is basically not playable at all. The ambush instakill playstyle was nerfed because it was unfun to play against.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 29, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Personally I look forward to the *insert class here* but with sprint. It's definitely not better than almost every single skill that isn't called "spell memory", and definitely won't become a nightmare.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

How many times are they going to put +all on gear and then remove it because it's just blatantly better than every other possible attribute roll but +damage.
Wonder how long until we start seeing some true nonsense like smite poison weapon survival bow.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Mar 16, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Normals are pretty fun right now between the squire and dodging the unnecessarily buffed gear modifiers, and goblin cave is down to a much more reasonable 5 players making the solo map we're stuck with atm functional.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Best as I can tell rogue needs gear and also to exclusively ranged poke people to death with handbows or a complete 100% surprise attack and then killing people before they can 1 or 2 shot you because rogue's stats and weapons all loving suck. I'm sure it's very fun to slowly poke people to death with the worst ranged weapon in the game while everyone goes into lobbies with like 5+ stacks of meds, or are a warlock and can outheal you indefinitely. The new creep perk is apparently quite good in solos as well.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 26, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Quests are being released in waves this wipe, so there'll be more to further upgrade the squire stock/merchant availability at some point.
Finishing a set of quests for a merchant seems to slightly improve their offered gear and/or the squire's related equipment quality/variety.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Mar 26, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm not done the quests yet, but the things I've noticed mostly are being offered poor instead of junk quality equipment, a much larger selection of things in the squire and the goblin merchant offering more gambles per refresh. Also some of the vendors will unlock crafting options, which I think goes up to rubysilver at the highest currently? I do wish I could just buy plain common gear since I'm mostly just playing normals at the moment.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Boosting headshot multi from 1.5 to 2 is a, questionable change. Wonder if that also applies to monsters, would be really funny to get oneshot by a white skeleton you were disrespecting because it was a headshot.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

gently caress you rogue players - Iron Mace
Generally.

I'm genuinely baffled about the headshot and creep changes, the rest of it seems good assuming basic logic stuff like "we made GC bigger so we upped the player count again".

Einwand fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 28, 2024

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Apparently the headshot change didn't actually make it in correctly, they might be convinced to not do that awful idea before the next patch at least?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

You know what class needed buffs? Warlock.
Admittedly it's for stuff that was mostly garbage that no one took.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

So does this mean that green equipment finally has some vague reason for existing? Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

What, you don't like fighting the bard with sword mastery + rapier mastery + slayer + dualwield who hits you 5 times a second for 2h levels of damage? Or the rogue with crossbow mastery who instantly reloads handbows and is impossible to fight if you aren't also ranged? Or *insert class here* with sprint?