Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
Is there any way to use the training area in the tavern without going into matchmaking? I get into a game so fast, I don't even have time to test my gear on a training dummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
I've heard that it affects how much a campfire is able to restore it, but I'm not sure. What I don't like is this:

quote:

Gathering Hall now have a minimum required level.

What's the point in preventing new players from being able to group up easily? You can already see people's levels in the sidebar, so it's not like that's an issue. Why force new players to go through the godawful goblin cave solo or gamble against groups in the castle?

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Yeah.. oof. That's probably the end of this one unless they can weasel their way out of it.

Edit: Then again, if they bought the assets from the Unreal marketplace, maybe not. That's VERY similar, though.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
That ChatGPT response was unsettlingly accurate, though, to the point where I'd think they tailored the prompt. Literally every feature of the game was mentioned, including stuff that wouldn't be the first thing you think of with a PvP dungeon crawling game.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
They just made this announcement on discord asking for legal funding, apparently without even consulting the other devs:

Kinda questionable to crowdfund massive legal fees that likely won't make a difference, and makes them seem desperate now, assuming this isn't just a scam.

Sailor Dave fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 31, 2023

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Kchama posted:

Oh, since I never really looked into it, P3 wasn't actually being developed by Nexon itself, but a subsidiary called Mintrocket. If you've ever heard of Dave The Diver, that's Mintrocket. It's a small studio that Nexon established/acquired to make games like P3 and Dave The Diver. Mr. A's mutiny took roughly 20 people from Mintrocket, which at the time consisted of 30 people. So they might not have anyone to just replace the lost devs so easily.

The competitor I mentioned turned out to be called HYBE, not HIVE, sorry. Translation is hard. They are one of the big S. Korean entertainment corps, and they have been looking to break into the gaming industry. The issue was that Ironmace was going to be... revealed? 'Acquired'? As a part of HYBE subsidary 'HYBE IM', which I misunderstood earlier. HYBE IM already exists, as a note, and has been funding IM. IM has presented itself as a small indie studio with little money and hopelessly threatened by the massive Nexon, which had gained them much sympathy and love in S. Korea (and here in America), but when it came out that they were actually apart of HYBE which is seen as like if uh..

Toby Fox kept talking how small and indie he was and how little money he had. And then it was discovered that he actually worked for Warner Bros or Sony and was being funded by them and had been using the stories of being broke indie dev to get extra sympathy money and sales. Needless to say, the S. Korean community hates Ironmace now.

EDIT: Also I did a little research into Blind, where the Nexon employee account came from. You have to actually provide your company email and use it to verify yourself before you can post on it, and it lists your company with your post as verified. So it is not truly anonymous, and is why people use it to leak info because there is actually an amount of confidence that it isn't random people talking poo poo.

That seems a bit of an odd way to verify people, given that an email sent via company email can almost certainly be traced back by that same company. Wouldn't that mean that the company is okay with someone speaking anonymously on their behalf, or else they would get fired?

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Double jump on rogue is so stupidly fun. It's broken as gently caress.

How so? I haven't been able to get much use out of it tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013
The main downside to the bard right now is that the songs don't seem to grant XP in any way, even if you get the mobs to kill each other with discord, so you're not really encouraged to use them.