Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Downloaded, started a game as a Cleric, killed a few skeletons, then got killed by a floating mage skeleton.

10/10 A+++

Is a ton of fun even at low levels, and the quick queues really take the sting out of dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Me last week when this released: No way am I buying this until it’s out on a platform I recognize

Me Saturday: Ehhhh gently caress it, life’s too short

Me playing the game: My lives are too short, I suck at this game.

Is there a good newbie guide somewhere? I’ve just been throwing myself into the Goblin Caves as various classes. I think my most successful run so far is a Cleric who killed four goblins before dying to a skull bat thing.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

comedyblissoption posted:

you have to figure out how to fight mobs without taking any damage for them

bait their attack, evade the attack, then hit them in between their attacks

use strafe instead of the back key to evade

with a shield you can block ranged attacks by looking up to block your head, which they seem to always shoot for

cleric is definitely the best newbie class since the massive amount of heals give you tons of margin of error to learn the pve

Glad my instincts were correct at least, now it’s just a matter of practice. It helps to not get discouraged because I can be in a new round in less than a minute after getting killed in one.