Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Solo rogue against other groups still works, they made some of the really awful rooms in the Castle? map easier to navigate. Easier to get the lion/golden chests too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Solo, playing ratrogue and memorizing where the locked/golden chests are (not hard because the coliseum map isn't in so there's less to memorize), playing ranger and kiting your way to the second floor solo for decent gear, playing fighter and doing the same as ranger since you can equip a bow, playing cleric and nuking mobs of undead. All good ways to play Haven't played enough barb to know what their deal is, but i've been giving solo wizard a run this patch and it really needs a couple of things to function: spellbook, since it casts spells from your hand and has the lowest -move speed penalty, perks so you can actually not die if something runs at you, and awareness of what the other classes are capable of

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

I had the most run-ins with hackers last playtest but this time it's been pretty uneventful

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

gently caress that’s so long :(

It's only two months! Two months ago was the previous playtest. Two months before that - the previous playtest. Dunno when alpha test 1 was, I didn't play it then!

Halloween - Christmas - Valentines - ?? Easter I guess? Are they going to add a Jesus merchant?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Jay is legit; last playtest he was top wizard in kills? I think. This playtest they made it way easier to memorize spells (you don't need knowledge gear anymore) so he wasn't as high since he runs solo. He ran double Spellbook with campfire and wiped groups numerous times

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Franks Happy Place posted:

He means both skills were spellbooks, no Meditation in the second slot, just campfires for spell slots.

Yeah sorry - this is what I meant. Micromanaging 10 spells is nuts but it definitely gives you more options with how to deal with things

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

Oh sick you're all talking about double spell memory. He just posted this new vid a handful of hours ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06xetHL5ta4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0PZroxmHpY
good content

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's amazing that the most basic dungeons and dragons game that looks like a unity asset flip would end up in this situation.

Weren't Nexon the ones who forged Richard Garriott's signature on some stock documents while he was in space and had to pay out the nose for doing it?

I think that was NCSoft

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

The playtest will begin next week. I can't wait.

the dark grows darker

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

the dark shrinks darker...?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

ShowTime posted:

Have you figured out how the stairs work? The group map is hard as poo poo because there are so few portals, you aren't meant to go down, but the stairs aren't open

They open later in the round

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Rogues with double jump

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Double jumping to the top of the new outdoor map was the best part of the playtest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

Can you still play solo rogue and just be a nasty little loot goblin, avoiding everything? They had double jump last playtest but I haven't kept up with any changes