Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
game is really promising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
first 5-10 games were really brutal, but it came together pretty quickly tbh

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
this game is so good

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
a few big things if you're struggling at the start:

1) a white weapons vs the default grey one is a huge damage increase for most classes. After you survive a few times you should have enough gold to buy a white for every round and/or stash of extra weapons for your class
2) armor and main stat makes your character feel much, much better. even a couple of pieces of white armor helps a lot. once you're fully in good gear the PVE gets a lot easier and quicker.
3) as soon as you start surviving, start buying consumables. Take a stack of potions and/or bandages in with you.

also highly recommend playing the ring before it becomes urgent

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
almost naked barb with a hatchet is very fun

success
https://streamable.com/zs20s0

less success
https://streamable.com/4xga84

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
mistakes were made

https://streamable.com/9akn01

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

MuffinsAndPie posted:

They've really nailed the feeling of being a murder hobo in this

this may be the most murder hobo game ever made, tbh

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
anyone struggling should 1000% hop on the discord and try queuing as a trio, it's a completely different game from soloqueue. there's also just a ton of weird little game knowledge bits that you'll pick up way quicker that way.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
the gear that is particularly op is the unique tier stuff. Affixes at that point are potentially pretty (and tbf given the difficulty of getting it, it's probably not unreasonable currently). before that point, durability does not scale nearly as fast as damage at higher gear levels.

also worth noting that, from what I hear, balance minutiae is very much not what they're prioritizing at this stage of the playtests, so expect more nuanced balancing of the top end later.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Valentin posted:

curious what people make of interaction speed as a mechanic. I (mostly playing ranger/cleric) have found it lightly annoying but mostly balanced, my friend (who only plays wizard) complains it makes soloing as wizard basically impossible

also what does magic interaction speed even do?

ranger +agility gear makes you literally several times faster at doing stuff than classes that don't get agi. barbs are fast with the 'smash everything' perk, too

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
magic interaction is not currently a working stat, according to knowledgeable friends who have played way, way too many hours

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
in groups the biggest vulnerability is getting third partied basically right as you're full committing. If you're running a meta comp and know what you are doing you probably aren't spending much time down on hp. Post fight campfire is probably the biggest moment of vulnerability. With how potion heals work (and notably that you can stack different tiers of potions, so carry both grey and white) getting health back isn't that hard actually. tbh I feel like third partying is surprisingly rare in this relative to basically every other comparable game I've played, albeit that probably will change as people get better.

that said, yeah there's always the possibility of dying as a trio. If your gear is really good it's a pretty low possibility, but idk you're never more than a well-executed third party or a single party member making a significant misplay away from being in real danger of dying.

does need more balancing on the top end and I'm curious what they'll end up doing to sort it out.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
barb is more engaging the less you are stacking -move speed. That kind of applies to everything, but it's most extreme with barb. Also misses absolutely do happen and absolutely are team fight defining.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it's not a new discord that's needed, server owner just needs to click 'invite people' 'edit invite' and set it to

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
the key to having plenty of portals is to butcher the entire lobby. I'm not even really kidding about that either.

personally I would change nothing about the portal system. I don't think blues are really that scarce and after you've got a little bit of a bank, not extracting isn't a big deal when you can just drop your weapon and your jewelry to a team mate, or just hop in a red portal where the chances of a good player making it out are pretty high unless all the portals spawn in a boss room or they get ganked

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

damage breakpoints are not consistent at all outside of starter gear because people run wildly varying +damage or +stat gear on the regular

there's defensive breakpoints where x armor does 5% dr, those are the ones that matter to hit. early breakpoints are super low requirement and then they diminish significantly unless you have top-end gear

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Nexon is a gorilla in that market and is banking on a combination of that and their deeper pockets destroying/outlasting ironmace.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
oh no a loving ip law, someone think of the poor multibillion dollar corporation

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lucio??

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lol

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/are-developers-allowed-to-copy-themselves-this-week-in-business

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
that appears to be more of a nescafe conception of coffee. prob a good choice for fundraising insofar as the overhead is super low so the profit margin is very good, plus people generally enjoy sugary, creamy, coffee beverages

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
sure seems like utterly unfounded speculation until there's literally any evidence of it whatsoever

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
can't believe someone would just copy paste literal boilerplate that no one ever reads

this is the stupidest speculation seriously

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

explosivo posted:

I mean, is it really? Nothing about this release tells me with 100% certainty that their legal battle is over and they're fully cleared to release this game without the threat of it being yanked and shut down out of nowhere. Maybe I'm an idiot but hearing the company that got their game taken down from steam for potentially stealing assets from another game has stolen the legal text preceding their game from another game is just another reason for me to be wary of buying this.

yes lol that's stupid and insane unless you have literally any evidence whatsoever of anything like this

also the supposed eula plagiarism that got people speculating wildly is from chaf games not dark and darker, so at least get the facts of this stupid speculation right. calling it speculation is being charitable tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

hot date tonight! posted:

Battlebit's anticheat is also essentially malware, it can send them screenshots of whatever you are doing even when you aren't playing the game.

i'd be okay with games doing a lot more than this if it was effective to actually stop cheaters lol

doesn't bb use a mainstream anticheat, eac?