Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

After playing with my friend, I have to think that felling axes or barbs are going to get a nerf some kind of way. Or the other classes will get more perks or items to raise up their power levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Mendrian posted:

Diablo is full price for a limited time beta? No thanks...

Blizzard kinda lost a lot of credibility with Immortal, I'm not paying sixty bucks to play their game for three days.

They did a promotion with KFC where you could buy a sandwich from their app and get a promo-code for the extra weekend. Too late now though.

I am however, pissy that it's another game where the $20 extra version lets people start playing the game four days before the 1.0 launch. It's a charge that's purely based the social pressure of not wanting to fall behind or be left out.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Did they say if buying it on this weirdo website will still entitle you to a steam key?

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I had not realized Dark and Darker was available through its official website, but in retrospect that seems pretty obvious. At first I saw people saying that it was only available exclusively through a gaming platform called https://www.chafgames.com/

It seemed that way to me too. Still not really interested in buying it directly if they wont promise a steam key eventually. Or they might just do the tarkov thing and only offer it from them from now on. I don't mind waiting either way.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I feel about the same. The level design is better looking and uses verticality much more. The monsters staggering after a hit makes it feel better than them just taking damage without reacting.

Other than that, the pace is slower since there seem to be more monsters in general. However, the drops from everything needs to be totally overhauled. Looting feels awful. Broken boxes and vases only have treasure in them. Healing potions or bandages rarely drop or spawn from anything, so you better bring them in with you. Finding even green items is rare and each class can only wear cloth/leather/plate (however only the Easy mode on maps is available right now, maybe drops will significantly improve when they open up Hard mode.) No warriors wearing cloth or leather even if it's an upgrade. You pretty much have to buy upgrades as greens and each one is going to be about 1000-1250 gold. Common/uncommon/rare/epic/legendary treasures sell for 20/40/300/600/1500 gold. The primary way to make money seems to be from completing dailies.

Then there's little annoying things like the swordmaster class has an ability that shoots one handed swords and consumes them. Ok, well the npc merchant doesn't have basic swords for sale so there's no way to restock ammo other than finding more to loot next time. In general I don't think it's worth bothering with if you have dark and darker already.