Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
this game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Getting some levels and one or two perks will really help, also getting a diff weapon than whatever you start with is huge for damage. Like switching to even a white sword or whatever will double your damage from the starting weapon.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

If you die, you will always go back into matches with default gear right? I picked up a blue quality sword in one match but lost it after dying.

yup, so its also helpful to collect as many trinkets as possible to escape with, sell those for gold, and stock up on white/green gear from the vendors once you start surviving more so you can go in with some strength

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
This game has some satisfying deaths for sure

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Had my first successful escape with full loot, :feelsgood:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Graysun — Today at 1:37 PM
@everyone, Alpha #4 Playtest Hotfix - #4

We have fixed some issues and are applying some experimental changes.
The hotfix update #4 will start at February 10, 2023 1:45 PM and will take about an hour and a half to complete.
When the update commences you will not be able to enter the matchmaking pool.
Players already in a dungeon at this time will be able to complete that adventure.

#Changes
- Fixed an issue where Victory Strike could not function properly.
- Second Wind’s skill level 7 -> 6
- Adrenaline Rush's skill level 3 -> 6
- Meditation takes less time and spells charge slightly more than before.
- Increased campfire duration for all grades.
- Pavise installation conditions have been slightly changed.
- Adjusted spawn data for goblin caves.
- The number of people entering the Goblin Cave has changed.
- The number of people entering the Forgotten Castle has been changed.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Ghost King to stop moving under certain conditions.
- Gathering Hall now have a minimum required level.
- Improved minor performance issues.
- Fixed some translation errors. Thanks for playing Dark and Darker.

Thank you for enjoying Dark and Darker!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
yup solo changed to 11 from 9, and 18 from 16 for normal

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Join the discord on the first page and hop in a voice channel and join a group. Playing with goons is fun, mostly.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jiro posted:

How many of you in game rich bougie people are making regular runs into the high roller version of the castle?

I just went to hell for the first time, voted 5 would go again

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FungiCap posted:

I saw a wizard coming my way who didn't see me. I put a trap down right next to a wall spike and turned out the lights. A minute later I saw the message of them dying to a wall spike in the kill feed.

I knew full well that I wouldn't even be able to loot them with how the zone was closing.

I still feel kind of bad about it a couple of days later.

was duoing with a rogue goon yesterday and baited another wizard into a room as a fighter. the rogue was stealthed next to the door and popped out behind him to two shot him. those kills really make the game shine

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ll be friendly but if you bandage or pot in front of me, you’re done.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I was watching a stream of a guy running goblin caves with a full set of the red armor you have to mine and craft, dude was a walking tank. he was friendly with lowbies and was RPing with them, pretty funny

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
didn't get into this game until this playtest (and still missed the first 2 days of it), and had a really fun time. excited to see where everything goes in the next few months of development

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Placing traps under bodies is some war crimes poo poo

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm withdrawing this game bad, and I wasn't even very good at it

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the more this game is like tarkov the less I will play it

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

:hmmyes:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Was mainly a fighter this play test and really like them, I’ll do another next time but also looking forward to really trying a rogue and a ranger, both seem extremely apt for solo bullshittery. Didn’t have much time to level both up to really play around with the perks.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Please let the next play test be the week of March 13-17th because the wife and kids will be out of town visiting family the whole week :hellyeah:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Next play test confirmed April 14th-19th from the official discord

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress that’s so long :(

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

DisgracelandUSA posted:

It is better to have never played at all, than to have played and lost.

Yeah, for sure. This game hit me at the right time and literally I don’t want to play anything else. It all rings so hollow.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
next playtest I'm probably gonna make a rogue because I feel being super speedy and picking perks like smoke bomb and caltrops will basically make me impossible to catch and kill. I can just go in with picklock and grab some fancy chests and run away from other players and just loot loot loot

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7ikkwcY3Ws

like this guy, it looks so fun

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
There’s a dev q&a on discord happening now, a few highlights about upcoming stuff:

* B1 will be called Ruin
* All 3 floors will be included in the next play test
* no quests yet
* early access soon after next PT
* similar monsters in B1 that we saw in B2
* eventually map enemy spawns could be randomized instead of preset
* more fun stuff for rogues/poisons(later), wizard tweaks
* new anti cheating stuff being implemented
* no Bard this PT
* plans to continually add more dungeon maps
* more environmental traps/pitfalls for players
* periodic wipes
* players could be different races, like dwarves

Appears the main focus for the next PT will be testing the new first level and seeing how they all interact with each other

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 5, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Giving rangers arrows they gotta carry in is a fair change imo. If other classes have limited spells they shouldn’t have unlimited ammo. Still gonna make one next pt

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol this sucks

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I really hope the term "compulsory investigation" I keep seeing means whatever this is is minor, and won't cause the game to loving die.

edit: who the hell knows, hopefully not a Baghdad Bob situation:

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 8, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jiro posted:

There's a Golden Key room???

https://youtu.be/yD6sgViWzO8

Also there's variations of the main dungeon map???

lol something I noticed from watching lots of videos is that a lot of people were playing this game completely differently than I was

and yes there are 4 different normal dungeons maps and then 3 highroller ones?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Shut up about not dark and darker

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the game is gone from my wishlist, doesn't seem good. :(

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Welp.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope the devs of this game aren't dumb enough to steal code and poo poo that could be easily traced back to them. they have always been pretty adamant that all this is very spurious and there is no basis for concern. they could but full of poo poo so who knows. hopefully we have some answers soon.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the more I read the more I feel Ironmace is gonna be alright, and I hope this gets resolved quickly

what I find interesting is watching the official discord and all the accounts coming in to defend Nexon, its really funny. Did they pay bots to come in and defend them? I've never seen that happen before with a game. Lots of disinformation and backstabbing.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Looks like there will be an announcement of some kind from the devs later tonight (tomorrow in Korea) so hopefully we’ll have a status update

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
just work out a deal, give Nexon a slice of the pie and lets loving go

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
What the hell

Looks like the go fund me was confirmed by other devs though

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 1, 2023

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I just want to give my money to someone to play this amazing game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

probably one of the most bitchmade things ive ever read lol. someone stuff this guy in a locker, stat

Kchama posted:

Ah right, I forgot that 'explaining is condoning'. I'm not explaining this to show that I like that Nexon is potentially in the right and I am rooting for their victory.

Just that uhh, people are going to be super shocked and confused if Nexon wins if they only hear Ironmace's side of the story.

Edit: Also it loving sucks when the big evil megacorps get to appear to be genuinely right for once. Like Koreans are actually siding with Nexon and that's the worst.

:getout: