Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Do we have a goon discord for this? I need some people to party up with.

I made a server. https://discord.gg/jq8X52ZQ
Please join and be cool.

I've been playing the game a ton. It's super fun once you know what you are doing. I'd love to find some other people to do high-roller runs with.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

The solo dungeon is also significantly harder than the normal mode. If you want to solo queue, I would suggest sticking with the normal map. Just play cautiously and avoid other players.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

The current solo queue mode is experimental. They originally did not want to have a solo queue at all. The new patch that came out today did however significantly nerf the enemies in the Goblin Cave/solo queue.

That being said, I would highly suggest playing in a group. It makes it much easier to survive and much faster to clear rooms. Soloing in this game is mostly just running around looting rooms and trying not to be noticed by other players. It's definitely a lot more fun to play with a full team and be very aggressive and focus more on pvp.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Valentin posted:

what's supposed to be the point of dual wielding, outside of the crystal ball? i can see a case for it giving you two different movesets, but none of the rogue weapons seem different enough to justify the movespeed cost.

Just higher DPS, I believe.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Bussamove posted:

People have no idea that 99% of pots and urns have a trinket in them when you break them, make like Link and break poo poo for riches. I’ll pass another player and go through the hall they just went through and all the pots are untouched.

I’m a bit disappointed the stash isn’t shared. I found an amazing orb on my cleric and threw it in there but I guess I’ll sell it since it’s wizard only.

E: It might take a couple hits if you’re using lighter weapons. Gotta stab the poo poo out of it with a dagger but a mace will smash them in a single swing.

Just give the item to your friend. Then have them hand it to your other character.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Jimbot posted:

Not sure the game's for me. I like some ideas behind it but the RNG nature of my starting position seems to be a huge factor if I survive more than two minutes. Sometimes I start near a hallway with a few enemies or I start next to a cave with all the enemies. I still don't get the combat - it's hard to learn the rhythm of it in a real environment and wish I could use a training area to get the idea of my weapon's range, the enemy's range, ect.

I'll stick with it, since it's a week thing and maybe it'll click and maybe the release will have pure pve stuff for me to play in and have the pvp there if I wanna go sweaty. Not judging too harshly since it's an alpha but boy does it just throw you in the deep end and some in the community are real shitbirds.

Enemies are very slow and have rudimentary AI. All they will do is walk forward and attack once in range. You can bait the attack animation by walking into them and then walking backwards. You can also just run past them and close doors behind you and they will be stuck.

Hope this helps you survive a bit more.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

I tried to like this game but as someone who is only interested in playing solo, getting one single escape just to get started with the game and make it playable is too much of a hurdle. I got out once as a cleric but I spent 3 hours playing other classes and didn't get out once. Healing and pve aren't a problem but every match has some geared out people who blow me up that I can't touch and they just sit at the portal waiting at the end.

There shouldn't be a progress bar on using the portal in the solo map IMO, just make it instant.

You don't need to get out to make the game playable. Just have fun killing people. You can just use greys or use whatever you loot in a game.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Game is too much fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5zmmOEd2Nw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

https://discord.gg/DGB9NQVdHw

^ Updated discord link that doesn't expire. Sorry about that!