Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh i just assumed they only had the last couple seasons to watch while waiting out quarantine and thats all the survivor they consumed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Everyone from this cast except Carolyn and Yam Yam keep sliding off my brain. My draft picks feel way more arbitrary this season than last.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Got my picks in even though my hopes for the season are quite low. Especially in comparison to Australian Survivor which is great this season.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wish paramount+ still carried australian survivor :(

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Leatherhead posted:

Everyone from this cast except Carolyn and Yam Yam keep sliding off my brain. My draft picks feel way more arbitrary this season than last.

Just remember that they intentionally decided to cast two gay, married hairdressers this season (they're not married to each other).

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
anyone notice the bios for Helen Li and Claire Rafson are the same on tribal council?

Edit - Made my picks. I had a super hard time with it this time.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 22, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I just used the same "strategy" as last season and picked entirely off of vibes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What is the link to the Survivor league?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Make an account at https://www.tribal-council.com then use the invite code in OP to join us.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

Sighence posted:

Make an account at https://www.tribal-council.com then use the invite code in OP to join us.

I have no idea what I'm doing so I picked randomly (other than trying to balance the number of tribe members which I don't even know if that's a good idea).

Obviously picked Yam Yam because I'm not stupid.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SalTheBard posted:

What is the link to the Survivor league?

Sighence posted:

Thanks both for this, I was in the league last time but the link wasn't in the OP and I couldn't remember it!

Pony: Matthew Blankinship, love this guy talking about his fear of being Reichenbached and just giving people whatever they ask for, funny and self-aware
Poison: Carolyn. She seems like a nice person so this isn't actually a strong psoion pick but i'm kind of ready for the more out there personalities to go back to being first boots as nature intended.

SweetJahasus posted:

Bruce Perreault

Made the big move from his hometown Warwick, R.I. over to his current residence of West Warwick. R.I. gently caress regular Warwick am I right folks? Also, I think from the above video this may be the person who super dies in what appears to be the first challenge, so maybe analyze that video and adjust your fantasy Survivor accordingly
Oops was gonna pick this dude on my team, guess I won't then. I think we can reselect after e1 and at the merge in the fantasy game, so if he doesn't die maybe I'll add him after e1. in his interview he seemed pretty cool, hes a former foster kid that got adopted by his foster family I think. he was kind of going too far the other way in his stance on advantages, but I liked the thinking behind it. He said how he said if he was really in trouble he wouldn't go looking for an idol, because the real game is the votes. he'd work on winning over a vote, if he finds an idol fine he'll take it but idols can only be used once and allies can last a lot longer than that etc. Idk, an overcorrection for sure since advantages are poweful tools these days but I liked the theory behind it

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 27, 2023

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
In case you're not paying attention to calendars, this starts TOMORROW!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
I’m excited for yam yam

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I saw a headline with a minor spoiler for the season revealed by Jeff There is a showmance for the first time in 7 years (Millenials v Gen X?)

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes
Jeff is creaming all over this season in the preseason press. You better be right Jeff.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Jeff is creaming all over this season in the preseason press. You better be right Jeff.

usually not the greatest sign as the last ones he was wild for were caramoan/worlds apart/heroes vs healers vs hustlers/edge of extinction. jeff clearly has a preference for the blue collar grit your way through/inspirational how far will you push yourself types

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

JesusSinfulHands posted:

This is almost always a bad omen

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

JesusSinfulHands posted:

I feel like numerous times he's interviewed by EW after the season is over, and even though he hyped it up before, he'll admit that it wasn't one of their strongest seasons.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Is the premier tonight a two hour episode?

Those kinda suck since they don't get posted on Paramount+ until 15-30 minutes after the broadcast is over.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pony: matthew
Poison: heidi :(

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Worlds Apart is good tv for bad people. See also: 90 day fiance

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

Worlds Apart is good tv for bad people. See also: 90 day fiance

As in the people who watch it are bad people? Or it has bad people on it

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

cant understand great art without first understanding great trash (all reality TV survivor included)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i put more beefy boys in my roster just because seems like the sorts of players jeff gets most jazzed about

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Khanstant posted:

i put more beefy boys in my roster just because seems like the sorts of players jeff gets most jazzed about

Honestly the fact that you can redraft at the merge really incentivizes an initial beefy-boy strategy.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Yeah all in on the team most likely to win first challenge, definitely something that should be changed

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
does anyone know when these episodes will appear on standard Hulu (for those without the Hulu live package)? I know Paramount + is the go to streaming service for CBS stuff but I'm not going to shell out for yet another subscription, and I'm currently too poor to afford Hulu live. Maybe there's another smart solution to this problem that I haven't considered yet, but in addition to being poor, I am also stupid.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Dick Bastardly posted:

does anyone know when these episodes will appear on standard Hulu (for those without the Hulu live package)? I know Paramount + is the go to streaming service for CBS stuff but I'm not going to shell out for yet another subscription, and I'm currently too poor to afford Hulu live. Maybe there's another smart solution to this problem that I haven't considered yet, but in addition to being poor, I am also stupid.

Idk about Hulu but if you have a (free) Plex account and a friend you can watch them an hour after airing.

If you need a friend pm me

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can you watch this live on Paramount+ or not? I can't see where I'd watch it or get a "general" TV programming feed. The survivor live tv channel is just 40 reruns all night. I used to watch on DirctTV Direct Stream but I think their website is hosed, I tried on 5 browsers on two different computers and the website just has a redirection loop as soon as I try to visit the direct stream website at all.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Can you watch this live on Paramount+ or not? I can't see where I'd watch it or get a "general" TV programming feed. The survivor live tv channel is just 40 reruns all night. I used to watch on DirctTV Direct Stream but I think their website is hosed, I tried on 5 browsers on two different computers and the website just has a redirection loop as soon as I try to visit the direct stream website at all.

yes, at the 10 dollar tier you can watch your local cbs affiliate live. there's a "live" tab on the left.

the 5 dollar tier is no good.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
thanks found the spot to set regions, and these are the only ones without a schedule attached haha nevermind, this is just endless loving local news since didn't realize there was other tier what a hell

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 2, 2023

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Not watching

Pony: Mario Kart Mom Lauren
Poison: Peanut Butter Hater Matthew

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I almost posted celebrating that Bruce was fine. I guess not. Hope he’s okay but that sucks. This is like that guy that got hurt when the boat hit a bump on MvX :(

I really hate how they use injuries in promos like they’re good TV

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 2, 2023

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

I almost posted celebrating that Bruce was fine. I guess not. Hope he’s okay but that sucks. This is like that guy that got hurt when the boat hit a bump on MvX :(

I don't feel bad for Matt tho what the *gently caress* did he expect.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Cracking up over guy falling off the rock

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
lol the paramount+ website so bad it literally won't let me give them an extra 5 bucks to upgrade plan.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If they know Bruce is totally fine even before the challenge they should bring him back. Australian Survivor taught me that’s fine. You can even miss a TC over there and come back!

Bad beat for Maddie who could’ve had a tight ally but found the adv with someone too conservative

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Highlight of the episode, the editors adding the sword unsheathed sound drop when Jeff pulled out the sword.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lol wtf. I kind of feel like maybe Matthew played his SitD just to avoid voting against Brandon in case he played his idol but still that’s one of the weirder votes I’ve seen. Jamie playing hers just because she’s paranoid and then saying her vote didn’t matter may have sparked Brandon. I’m maybe slightly surprised he was voting Maddie instead of Lauren after Matthew raised the alert on Lauren.

Brandon could still have the idol and a tight ally but he was too all-for-one about stuff!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh
My man Brandon let's go reading the room correctly