Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
He's on a new team but nothing's changed.

Moved without modification from the 2022 thread:

Important links
Statcast - The rawest of stats. Look up info like exit velocity and runner speed in mph.
Fangraphs - Lots of advanced stats that you can customize and export to a spreadsheet. Check out their auction calculator for custom league projections.
Baseball Reference - You can see every batter on one page here and every pitcher here which you can export to CSV.
Closer Monkey - Closer news. Find out who's about to become the next closer.
Baseball Savant Daily Matchups - See which players have good matchups each day
Baseball Press Lineups - See which players are starting or benched before lineups get locked..
MLB.com Spring Training Stats - Find out which players to choose in the first round because they hit 5 HRs in March.
Razzball
FantasyAlarm
Rotoworld
FantasyPros
Pitcher List - We have a whole new stat as of PL8 called PLV, along with projections and an incredibly good draft sheet that's going to be available to PL Pro subscribers.
Libre Office - More or less a clone of Microsoft Excel but it's free and works on every OS. Make your winning draft spreadsheet with this.
Fantasy Pitching Calculator - Projects how your ERA & WHIP will change based on future runs/hits. For helping to decide whether to start or bench pitchers on Sunday in H2H

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I recently bought this https://www.amazon.com/Ron-Shandlers-2023-Baseball-Forecaster/dp/1637271867/ and it's basically Fangraphs in book form, but I'm enjoying flipping through it.

Every year I say I'm gonna do a bunch of prep, and it never happens. Maybe this is the year I put together some position lists and post em here for discussion...

Who are some players you are targetting this year? Hunter Greene is gonna be on every one of my teams.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Who are some players you are targetting this year? Hunter Greene is gonna be on every one of my teams.

I have a feeling I am going to end up with no Greene anywhere, but I also think that an Andres Munoz/Paul Sewald back-to-back stack is going to be Godlike so I'm also an idiot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Yahoo loving sucks this year.

Anyway, i run a keeper and i had a manager drop. I dint know how to access his roster from last season to transfer the team to a new owner. Is there a way?

you can manually enter draft picks as keepers under commissioner tools. It's a stupid roundabout way to do it but it's less than 10 minutes to port the team (for lack of a better term). Just have him declare keepers a bit early so you can do it. Nobody in my home league does keepers right so I end up doing this (and cross referencing the prior year's draft) pretty much every year

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Spoeank posted:

you can manually enter draft picks as keepers under commissioner tools. It's a stupid roundabout way to do it but it's less than 10 minutes to port the team (for lack of a better term). Just have him declare keepers a bit early so you can do it. Nobody in my home league does keepers right so I end up doing this (and cross referencing the prior year's draft) pretty much every year

I worded it poorly.

I didn't even know how to access his roster from last year to let the new manager have his pick of keepers. Yahoo support helped me out though, plus another manager sent me a screenshot.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Anyone having any good cheapish alternatives to Yahoo?

My league is thinking of finally jumping ship.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I worded it poorly.

I didn't even know how to access his roster from last year to let the new manager have his pick of keepers. Yahoo support helped me out though, plus another manager sent me a screenshot.

Go to your current league, go to your team, click on "View Profile" next to your name. That should take you to a list of your previous leagues. You can pull up every roster from last year from there. He just has to tell you the keepers then you can do it manually in the new league under Commissioner> Draft & Keepers > Confirm Keeper Players. You can only do that part AFTER the keeper deadline has passed though

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 9, 2023

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The year I do not draft Mondesi will be the year he breaks out.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm likely gonna have 4-5 spots over two h2h keeper leagues. Mostly goons. 12 teams per league. Free to play, no prize money. Just for fun. All I ask is that you're active all year and not a dick.

Keeper 1 has run for several years. Mostly goons. Everyone is active and cool. There will probably be 1 opening here.

Keeper 2 is in year 2 and not quite established yet, but there's also many goons. I'll probably have 3-4 openings in this one.

You get 4 keepers, the rest go back into the draft pool.

Categories in both leagues are HR, RBI, SB, AVG, R, SLG, OBP, Quality starts, K, Saves, WHIP, K/BB, and K/9

I'll know how many spots I'll have by Wednesday. I'll give the order of picks by replies in this thread. First reply gets 1st choice, second reply gets 2nd choice, etc. I ask that you express your interest here instead of PMing me so I can keep the order straight.

Hopefully several of my goon players can vouch for me.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Feb 13, 2023

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hopefully several of my goon players can vouch for me.

They cool.

in the second league. Fun with lots of trades.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Sure, I'm interested

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Ok, as promised, goons get first crack at replacements. Otherwise I'll have to go to *shudder* Reddit. Please don't make me go to Reddit

Keeper 1. Team: Houston Asterisk

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Keeper 2: Trash Pandas

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Keeper 2 Electric Boogaloo

Morel of the Story ; TAKEN

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 18, 2023

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
First come first served. Claim the team you want in this thread, and then message me your email.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Keeper 2 Morel of the Story

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Would like to do a 20 dollar goon league we try to get one together every year and it fails, but we shall try again

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

DTaeKim posted:

Keeper 2 Morel of the Story

Send me your email

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Still have two teams left.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doltos posted:

Would like to do a 20 dollar goon league we try to get one together every year and it fails, but we shall try again

I'm in.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

If we do it on yahoo, I think you can count me in as well as a goon buddy of mine.

edit: payments would have to be on leaguesafe or something though, Michigan changed the law and yahoo doesn't wanna pay up so I am restricted from doing yahoo money leagues.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 20, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

If we do it on yahoo, I think you can count me in as well as a goon buddy of mine.

edit: payments would have to be on leaguesafe or something though, Michigan changed the law and yahoo doesn't wanna pay up so I am restricted from doing yahoo money leagues.

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Doing TGFBI again this year and I just took Emmanuel Clase in the second round so I'm either brilliant or the dumbest man alive.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
kick justin masons rear end

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

kick justin masons rear end

I'm not in his league, sadly, but I am in one with Danielle!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

Sign me up

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Sign me up

pmed

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

I'd like to join this league plz

Just found out that I can't join Yahoo Prize leagues because the state I moved to has some bullshit anti-gambling laws, so this is perfect.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

We've got a few openings left in this league, if any other goons would like to join, hit me up.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
TGFBI Draft is in the books:

Oscar Gonzalez is the only pick I'm iffy on, looking back now.

EDIT: Now I just have my other 5 6 concurrent slow drafts still happening to worry about.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 8, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

We've got a few openings left in this league, if any other goons would like to join, hit me up.

3 spots left in the $20 keeper league, draft has been moved to Wednesday March 22nd @ 9pm est.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Keeper question!

6x6 league with BBs and Holds. Short benches, which makes ace SPs more valuable.

Keep 3:
Aaron Judge
Ronald Acuņa
Spencer Strider
-------------------------
Clayton Kershaw
Zack Wheeler

Am I nuts for keeping Strider over two much more established pitchers? Anyone fading Acuņa enough to drop him below one of those SPs?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Keeper question!

6x6 league with BBs and Holds. Short benches, which makes ace SPs more valuable.

Keep 3:
Aaron Judge
Ronald Acuņa
Spencer Strider
-------------------------
Clayton Kershaw
Zack Wheeler

Am I nuts for keeping Strider over two much more established pitchers? Anyone fading Acuņa enough to drop him below one of those SPs?

No and no.

You are keeping the right 3 players.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I agree.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Edit: all good! Ready to draft Mondesi.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Mar 17, 2023

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

What theme are we doing this season General? What about WBC?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kensei posted:

What theme are we doing this season General? What about WBC?

We're honoring WBC underdog Italy this season.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

General Bullshit posted:

We're honoring WBC underdog Italy this season.

Excellent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

2 spots left in this startup $20 yahoo 12 team H2H 7x7 league (keep 5 players next year) with league payments on leaguesafe.

Draft is Wednesday, March 22nd at 9 pm est.

Hit me up if you want in.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15