Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

kensei posted:

Excellent!

Poor Italy was eliminated last night. MAMA MIA :qq::italy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'd like to join this league plz

Just found out that I can't join Yahoo Prize leagues because the state I moved to has some bullshit anti-gambling laws, so this is perfect.

Hey dude, can you check your PMs? Trying to get something sorted out here.

--------

We have 1 (possibly 2) spot(s) left in our $20 yahoo startup keeper league:

12 team H2H 7x7, keep 5 players year to year.

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
ERA, WHIP, K, k/9, k/bb, SV+HLDs, QS

6 bench spots, 3 NA, 4 IL.

Draft is Wednesday, March 22nd at 9 pm est. payments hosted on leaguesafe.

Hit me up if you are interested!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jose Altuve probably has a broken right thumb. :rip:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Condolences to the person who has both Diaz and Altuve.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Condolences to the person who has both Diaz and Altuve.

Hopefully they drafted some really dependable backups like Buxton, DeGrom, and Glasnow.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

General Bullshit posted:

Jose Altuve probably has a broken right thumb. :rip:

Just updated my keepers :angel:

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm pretty much a neophyte in fantasy baseball (first try was last year) and I'm hoping for some keeper advice. I'm in GB's league (6x6 stats, 3 Keepers), and last year I kept Ohtani, Trout, and then the tough choic3 was Bichette over Freeman (sort of a whoopsie homer pick).

This year I'm unsure how much I should consider positional depth, i.e. which positions have the steepest decline in expected production among the top available players. Also how much risk I should factor in for age & injury history?

I know it isn't "wrong" to keep the same 3, but I'm curious if anyone has an argument for swapping someone out.

SP/DH Ohtani (Kept last year)
OF Trout (Kept last year)
2B Bichette (Kept last year)
SP Verlander
C Realmuto
OF Springer
OF Kwan
OF/DH Arozarena

My thought process (quite possibly flawed) was:

- Ohtani is a lock
- If I'm concerned about Trout's health then Springer is equally a concern, so farewell George
- Kwan sacrifices too much power for speed, good luck Steven
- Arozarena is interesting but like Kwan trades off a lot for SB, hasta tarde Randy
- Bichette was inconsistent early last year but ended up being my best for H, R, Avg, and was a contributor everywhere else, welcome back Bo?
- Realmuto was great but there's no logic behind keeping a C over an every day 2B, right?
- So after all that I have Ohtani locked, and Trout, Bichette, and Verlander to consider for the final two keeper spots. And this is where I'm stumped in terms of gauging (ideal performance if healthy) vs (expected value when considering age/injury) vs (how many players are strong bets to produce 90%+ as much this year)?

Thanks for reading all this nonsense, appreciate any quick takes & feel free to make me look like a dummy if I'm overlooking something obvious.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

You cannot go wrong with either Bichette or Verlander. Both are solid as keepers.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

So GBS's league is drafting at 4 PM PT, my $100 dynasty league drafts at Noon PT, feels like I will be working all day lol

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

General Bullshit posted:

You cannot go wrong with either Bichette or Verlander. Both are solid as keepers.

Yeah, feels like any 2/3 combo of Trout, Bichette, Verlander could be justified. I've got to figure out which position has depth at the top, or crystal ball the health of Trout vs Verlander.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 20, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Just finished drafting a $25 H2H 7x7 12 team league.

Runs, Hits, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP

Wins, SV, Ks, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS

Going in, I was a little unsure how this draft was gonna go, with both Wins and Quality Starts scored for SP I thought I might have to go for SP a little earlier, but that was not the case. I could probably use another SP, but this staff will do to start.

Bogaerts and Goldy felt like steals where I got them. I was grateful Arenado lasted until my pick in the 3rd, 3b gets thin quickly after that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Took a few years off from most of my leagues post-pandemmer but I'm back in and up to four leagues for now. Had a TGFBI satellite draft back in early February (hence the injured/AAA players):

code:
Tucker, Kyle		1	6	OF
Alcantara, Sandy	2	25	P
Arenado, Nolan		3	36	3B
Smith, Will		4	55	C
Bieber, Shane		5	66	P
Bogaerts, Xander	6	85	SS
Doval, Camilo		7	96	P
Lowe, Nathaniel		8	115	1B
Peralta, Freddy		9	126	P
Happ, Ian		10	145	OF
Lowe, Brandon		11	156	2B
Nimmo, Brandon		12	175	OF
Detmers, Reid		13	186	P
LeMahieu, DJ		14	205	CI
Brown, Seth		15	216	OF
Vargas, Miguel		16	235	CI
Myers, Wil		17	246	OF
Lange, Alex		18	265	P
Syndergaard, Noah	19	276	P
Garcia, Luis		20	295	UT
Maeda, Kenta		21	306	P
Hughes, Brandon		22	325	P
Olivares, Edward	23	336	OF
Senzel, Nick		24	355	OF
Paxton, James		25	366	P
De La Cruz, Elly	26	385	SS
Trevino, Jose		27	396	C
Robles, Victor		28	415	OF
Turang, Brice		29	426	SS
Lugo, Seth		30	445	P
Feel like I would re-do the Will Smith pick and some of my late darts, but I still like the value I got in the Detmers to Lange portion there. First FAAB run Sunday will be crucial.

Dynasty draft tomorrow night, then two more drafts on Saturday and next Wednesday :doit:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Pretty sure I drafted two guys who aren't even making the opening day roster now. Feels good man.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

Had a good draft for this league.....

Totally forgot it was a keeper league though!

My team:
code:

J.T. Realmuto PHI - C
C.J. Cron COL - 1B
Gleyber Torres NYY - 2B
José Ramírez CLE - 3B
Nico Hoerner CHC - SS
Mike Trout LAA - OF
Bryan Reynolds PIT - OF
Tyler O'Neill STL - OF
Josh Bell CLE - 1B
Jarred Kelenic SEA - OF
DJ LeMahieu NYY - 1B,2B,3B
Josh Jung TEX - 3B
Mike Yastrzemski SF - OF
Cody Bellinger CHC - OF
Bryson Stott PHI - 2B,SS

Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher) LAA - SP
Justin Verlander NYM - SP
Ryan Pressly HOU - RP
Evan Phillips LAD - RP
Drew Rasmussen TB - SP
Paul Sewald SEA - RP
Clay Holmes NYY - RP
Sonny Gray MIN - SP
Craig Kimbrel PHI - RP

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was planning on taking it easy this season and now I'm in two Ottoneu leagues on top of the usual list of random cruft. What is wrong with me.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

I had to drop Ottoneu. It was a lot of fun, but its such a big time investment to do right.

I limit myself to 3 leagues of various difficulty and I find myself enjoying things a lot more this way.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Had a good draft for this league.....

Totally forgot it was a keeper league though!

My team:
code:

J.T. Realmuto PHI - C
C.J. Cron COL - 1B
Gleyber Torres NYY - 2B
José Ramírez CLE - 3B
Nico Hoerner CHC - SS
Mike Trout LAA - OF
Bryan Reynolds PIT - OF
Tyler O'Neill STL - OF
Josh Bell CLE - 1B
Jarred Kelenic SEA - OF
DJ LeMahieu NYY - 1B,2B,3B
Josh Jung TEX - 3B
Mike Yastrzemski SF - OF
Cody Bellinger CHC - OF
Bryson Stott PHI - 2B,SS

Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher) LAA - SP
Justin Verlander NYM - SP
Ryan Pressly HOU - RP
Evan Phillips LAD - RP
Drew Rasmussen TB - SP
Paul Sewald SEA - RP
Clay Holmes NYY - RP
Sonny Gray MIN - SP
Craig Kimbrel PHI - RP

yeah, it was a fun one, and looking like this league will be pretty competitive.

I'm happy with my team too.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finally drafted in my home/money league tonight (12-tm H2H 7x7 with OBP/SLG and QS/L) and I got so used to 15 teamers and/or super-deep leagues that I was continually caught off guard by the names still available. I could have had Gabriel Moreno in the last round!

Pitching will need reinforcement but I'd rather be streaming pitching than hitting!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 24, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Joined a 20-team dynasty league (keep up to 23 players, everyone in Fantrax pool available) with a H2H 6x6 (HR, RBI, OBP, SBN, TB, RC) (QS, K, ERA, WHIP, S+H, HR/9). Definitely a new format for me. Took over a very bad roster, and before the draft I dealt Lance Lynn for Ke'Bryan Hayes and Andres Munoz. Still I only ended up keeping six guys, so I had the first four picks of the snake draft, then was only drafting with two other teams for the next few rounds as well. After the draft and some add/drops I ended up with this:

code:
Keibert Ruiz		WSH	C
Spencer Steer		CIN	1B,2B,3B
Ozzie Albies (K)	ATL	2B
Ke'Bryan Hayes (K)	PIT	3B
Oswald Peraza		NYY	SS
Jake Fraley		CIN	OF
Kyle Stowers		BAL	OF
Masataka Yoshida	BOS	OF
Isaac Paredes		TB	1B,2B,3B
Luis Campusano		SD	C
Brandon Nimmo (K)	NYM	OF

Jackson Merrill		SD	SS
Colson Montgomery	CHW	3B,SS
Ceddanne Rafaela	BOS	SS,OF
Dylan Crews		(N/A)	OF

Kyle Bradish		BAL	SP
Andrew Heaney		TEX	SP
Ryne Nelson		ARI	SP
Trevor Rogers		MIA	SP
Max Scherzer (K)	NYM	SP
Adbert Alzolay		CHC	RP
Camilo Doval		SF	RP
Hunter Harvey		WSH	RP
Andres Munoz (K)	SEA	RP
Evan Phillips		LAD	RP
Aaron Ashby		MIL	SP,RP
Tylor Megill		NYM	SP

Bobby Miller (K)	LAD	SP,RP
Yoshinobu Yamamoto	(N/A)	SP
Brandon Pfaadt		ARI	SP,RP
My pitching is ugly but I'm used to 12- and 15-team leagues so hopefully it's not as bad as I think. I like my offense well enough, and there are some decent OF on waivers still, but I didn't prioritize 1B and it punished me in the draft. There's just... not that many good 1B, and I waited too long for too many teams to jump into the draft and get them. Live and learn. Gonna try to flip Scherzer and my closers at some point, nowhere to go but up!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Finally drafted in my home/money league tonight and I got so used to 15 teamers and/or super-deep leagues that I was continually caught off guard by the names still available. I could have had Gabriel Moreno in the last round!

Pitching will need reinforcement but I'd rather be streaming pitching than hitting!

Those Rasmussen/Brown/Hoerner picks :swoon:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Those Rasmussen/Brown/Hoerner picks :swoon:

This is only my first or second time actually being able to snag Rasmussen or Brown in drafts, but I'm so in on Hoerner this year for some reason. Doesn't hurt he'll have 2B elig by the end of the second week, I suppose.

EDIT: Also I think it's funny what's happened with Rasmussen and Springs, and Framber and Javier. Everybody wants the new hotness this year. (I really, really considered Javier instead of Framber, but I figured I should balance out McClanahan with somebody who'll probably get a lot more QSes.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 24, 2023

fromsinkingsands
Oct 10, 2005

Gotta find Jason.
edit: fantasy league sorted.

fromsinkingsands fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Mar 26, 2023

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

fromsinkingsands posted:

Looking for a last minute replacement in a keeper league that's been going strong for a few years now. $40 Buy in. Draft is tomorrow 4:45 PM PST.

Potential Team Keepers:

Semien
Mullins
Harper
Yelich
Gerrit Cole
Shane Mclanahan

H, R, OPS, SB, AVG
QS, IP, K/9, K/BB, SV+H

You will have second pick in the draft.

I can vouch for this league, I'm in it and it's fun.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finished my last draft for the season last night, so out of 10 leagues here's my Top 30 player share info:

I did not think I would have this much Alex Wood in my life.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

12-team Yahoo friends n' family draft. Usually a very sharp room but for some reason I got all of the young guys I wanted. Only real reach is Kirby but there's a Mariners fan in the league and I really wanted him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
In a 12 teamer last night, I took Jordan Walker with the 81st overall pick, Volpe with the 129th, and I have no absolutely no idea if I reached or got a steal on one or both.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

In a 12 teamer last night, I took Jordan Walker with the 81st overall pick, Volpe with the 129th, and I have no absolutely no idea if I reached or got a steal on one or both.

I think that's a decent deal on Volpe, he's gotta be shooting up the ADP ranks right now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

coronaball posted:

Walker's ADP seems to have jumped to about 80, so you're right in line there. I would expect Volpe's to climp into the top 100, around the Oneil Cruz range maybe.

I managed to get Walker in 3 of 3 keeper leagues, I kept him in 1 league and in the other 2 I got him at picks #148 and #164, drafted last week.

Volpe I managed to get in 2 of 3 keepers, at picks #221 and #213, drafted last week.

I like drafting a little early. :getin:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone have a simple free standard yahoo league with an opening? I’m tempted to try fantasy baseball for the first time. Hopefully I’m too late and can avoid catching this sickness.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anyone have a simple free standard yahoo league with an opening? I’m tempted to try fantasy baseball for the first time. Hopefully I’m too late and can avoid catching this sickness.

You should try a Prize League IMO. They start at $5 and it's more fun with a little money at stake because people take it seriously.

Check out ADP to see where guys are going: https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/overall.php Do a mock draft before your real draft to get a feel for things. It can't hurt to make a quick and dirty ranking of the top guys at each position, so when it's time to choose between Scherzer/Strider/McClanahan, or Seager/Lindor/Bogaerts, or whatever, you already know who you want.

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 28, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

You should try a Prize League IMO. They start at $5 and it's more fun with a little money at stake because people take it seriously.

Check out ADP to see where guys are going: https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/overall.php Do a mock draft before your real draft to get a feel for things. It can't hurt to make a quick and dirty ranking of the top guys at each position, so when it's time to choose between Scherzer/Strider/McClanahan, or Seager/Lindor/Bogaerts, or whatever, you already know who you want.

Yeah, definitely do a prize league if you live in a state that allows it, people do take it more seriously. With free public leagues you run the risk of people abandoning their teams and the league becoming dead. I drafted a free public league late February because I like to do one draft before rankings take shape, and 2 teams in the league have made moves since the draft.... it is dead already.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just hate getting money involved. I took my free yahoo football league deadly serious and just wish others would do the same lol. Appreciate the advice though!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

5-10 bucks seems to be the sweet spot between people not abandoning their teams once NFL starts and dudes showing up to smack you at work because you posted a meme about their team.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I managed to find a league! I have no idea what the gently caress I’m getting myself into but I’m hyped :D

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Happy "Just Put My Injured Player on the loving IL Already" Day to all who celebrate.

Have my last draft tonight! Time for one more share of Hayden Wesneski :getin:

Kilometers Davis posted:

I managed to find a league! I have no idea what the gently caress I’m getting myself into but I’m hyped :D

:toot: Good luck this season! Pop into the thread if you have questions about roster moves, strategy, etc

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

General Bullshit posted:

5-10 bucks seems to be the sweet spot between people not abandoning their teams once NFL starts and dudes showing up to smack you at work because you posted a meme about their team.

My $100 league is pretty active, but first place can take home over $600 so it is a good motivator.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bregor posted:

Happy "Just Put My Injured Player on the loving IL Already" Day to all who celebrate.

ESPN will let you IL players who have an "O" by their name, like Rodon. But Yahoo just lists him as DTD, and you can't IL a DTD player.

And so the wait continues.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

ESPN will let you IL players who have an "O" by their name, like Rodon. But Yahoo just lists him as DTD, and you can't IL a DTD player.

And so the wait continues.

I'm waiting on Yahoo and Fantrax, who only follow official MLB IL moves, which is only really annoying this week. But still!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

I'm waiting on Yahoo and Fantrax, who only follow official MLB IL moves, which is only really annoying this week. But still!

Yeah, I've been waiting on Harper/Glasnow on yahoo, looks like Glasnow finally got ILed.