Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Just saw a few of my guys in Yahoo/Fantrax hit the IL. Go check your teams!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Time to get into it with my keeper league. I'm lucky enough to have Acuna/Tatis/Julio/Witt as my kept hitters so woool

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gonsolin is still holding strong with a DTD. What a trooper.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

ESPN will let you IL players who have an "O" by their name, like Rodon. But Yahoo just lists him as DTD, and you can't IL a DTD player.

And so the wait continues.

That is a first this season. It surprised me.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Last draft of the year, CBS 10-team H2H, $300 entry

code:
1 / 6		Kyle Tucker RF | HOU
2 / 15		Bobby Witt SS | KC
3 / 26		Gerrit Cole SP | NYY
4 / 35		Kyle Schwarber LF | PHI
5 / 46		Emmanuel Clase RP | CLE
6 / 55		Corbin Carroll LF | ARI
7 / 66		Tim Anderson SS | CHW
8 / 75		Andres Gimenez 2B | CLE
9 / 86		Jose Abreu 1B | HOU
10 / 95		George Kirby SP | SEA
11 / 106	Lance Lynn SP | CHW
12 / 115	Taylor Ward RF | LAA
13 / 126	Hunter Greene SP | CIN
14 / 135	Andrew Vaughn RF | CHW
15 / 146	Jhoan Duran RP | MIN
16 / 155	Seiya Suzuki RF | CHC
17 / 166	Tyler Glasnow SP | TB
18 / 175	Drew Rasmussen SP | TB
19 / 186	Gabriel Moreno C | ARI
20 / 195	Reid Detmers SP | LAA
21 / 206	Jarred Kelenic CF | SEA
22 / 215	Scott Barlow RP | KC
23 / 226	Josh Rojas 3B | ARI
24 / 235	Wil Myers RF | CIN
25 / 246	Esteury Ruiz LF | OAK
26 / 255	A.J. Minter RP | ATL
27 / 266	Spencer Torkelson 1B | DET
28 / 275	Hayden Wesneski SP | CHC
With shallow leagues I want to wait until the last round on catcher, but some dingus was on auto and took four catchers so I had to jump in and get Moreno. :argh: Otherwise great value for me, no one took SPs until R3 when Burnes and Scherzer went right before my spot, so I felt like I had to snag Cole there. Then a ton of SPs went and I was trying to zag with the Clase/Carroll picks. And since it was my last league I snagged a bunch of guys I wanted at least one share of, like the entire Lynn/Ward/Greene/Vaughn stretch there.

GAMES TOMORROW YESSSSS

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Might as well post my drafts. Since I can't play Yahoo cash leagues where I live, I ended up with 3 teams on 3 different platforms, which should be fun

#1. General BS's goon league. ESPN, 10 teams, 6x6 with BBs and Holds, keep 3

As usual, I went heavy on SPs in this league, although Verlander (old) and Shane McC (strikeouts way down in the 2nd half) weren't who I was targeting. Picked up Rendon so I'd have a 3B in case Walker didn't make the OD roster. He's my first drop, although he had a good spring. I might've overpayed for Tommy Edman. He'd better steal plenty of bags to justify his ADP. This team is OK, but I don't love it

#2. House MD's keeper startup. Yahoo, 12 teamer, heavy on the ratios (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, and K, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, S+H)

I got Judge at 1.1 and Scherzer/Alcantara at the 2/3 turn. This league emphasizes ratios over counting stats, so my strategy was to draft aces early and fill in with hitters who might not rack up the SBs and Runs, but will have a good triple slash; guys like Belt, Yandy, Correa, McNeil, etc. Closers went super late with saves+holds being just one of 14 categories. Really happy with this team.

And I just finished a 5x5 Roto at Fantrax. First time using that site and I like it. With 12 teams and 30-man rosters, the draft took 2 hours. Their standard leagues have no IL slots, but huge benches. Snagged a bunch of guys who I missed on in my other leagues, like Casas, Springs, and Corbin Carroll.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Remember to set your lineups and goonspeed to you all.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Apologies for the dumb question but I’ve not used baseball savant before for daily matchups. Assuming the more red I see for a player = start?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fried and Verlander go down on Opening Day? :tizzy:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

Fried and Verlander go down on Opening Day? :tizzy:

Alek Manoah, Jacob DeGrom, and Corbin Burnes all went down in their own ways.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I may have overspent on this one

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Bunt Force Trauma

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

I may have overspent on this one

I was shocked he wasn't drafted and was going to add him. I saw him get rattled by the pitch clock and he just melted down. It was strange.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Where’s my Felix Bautista support group at

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

This is my first time playing fantasy anything. I cost myself some points yesterday and today by not remembering that I had an OF in a utility slot that I could swap around to take Nootbar's spot while he's injured. This is going to bother me for the rest of the season.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Oh it’s a long season you’ll make plenty of start sit mistakes

HAVE FUN

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

bees x1000 posted:

This is my first time playing fantasy anything. I cost myself some points yesterday and today by not remembering that I had an OF in a utility slot that I could swap around to take Nootbar's spot while he's injured. This is going to bother me for the rest of the season.

This is actually the most fantasy baseball thing you can do. Welcome.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

bees x1000 posted:

There will be like a dozen days you kick yourself for sitting some guy and starting another person.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

General Bullshit posted:

There will be like a dozen days you kick yourself for sitting some guy and starting another person.

For example, benching Brice Turang this week in a 15-team league :smithicide:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

Baty (my final pick) sitting on the bench while he tears up AAA

e: I feel like it's breaking an unwritten rule to keep him rostered but I'm unwilling to change my sicko ways

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fleetwood posted:

Baty (my final pick) sitting on the bench while he tears up AAA

e: I feel like it's breaking an unwritten rule to keep him rostered but I'm unwilling to change my sicko ways

Bad news my friend

https://twitter.com/Metsmerized/status/1643346341601460229

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

gahhhhhh lol it happens. favoring youth has not kept my roster from the IL at all so far

Eduardo Escobar breathing a little easier right now

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Grats to whomever sniped Grayson Rodriguez from me. And curses to the Baltimore Orioles for not breaking camp with him :argh:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
On Yahoo if a game is rained out, it seems you have the ability to replace that player in your lineup. I think thats new this year, previously they would lock at the original gametime and if it was rained out, you were just screwed. Definitely an improvement.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Alvarez getting called up https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...eks-per-report/

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

why does yahoo keep recommending that I sit my active healthy players for injured guys

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Love when a player finally breaks out of a slump and the manager benches them the next day for a breather.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Apr 7, 2023

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

I've been trying to find this guy for like two months and it turns out he was listed as a DH this whole time

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Fleetwood posted:

I've been trying to find this guy for like two months and it turns out he was listed as a DH this whole time

He got taken in our dynasty auction for cheap because he was listed as a dh lol

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Is Oneil out for the entire season? :rip:

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Today I lost Oneil and benched Rutschman for Realmuto. Not great.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

ok yahoo I'll get right on that

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

General Bullshit posted:

Is Oneil out for the entire season? :rip:

I'm getting rinsed by the IL grinch

as soon as I replaced O'Neil, Woodruff also went down on top of several other injuries in progress

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

I'm getting rinsed by the IL grinch

as soon as I replaced O'Neil, Woodruff also went down on top of several other injuries in progress

:rip: Jeffrey Springs. Another beautiful player taken too soon.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

oh guess what Springs is on my team too, this is neat

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Spring is out multiple months :negative:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

that's a bummer. Springs was a big sleeper for me last season

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I just got a trade offer of Nick Castellanos for Seiya Suzuki. I don’t know a lot about baseball, but looking at the stats, this should be a good trade for me?

Is there something I don’t know about other than the other team might be a Chicago homer as he’s got a bunch of Cubs already.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Another terrible start from Manoah. 🤢

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Another terrible start from Manoah. 🤢

Matt Chapman stole his juju.