Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Robert over Gallo yes. Pick him up and hope he goes on a tear. Homered tonight. In two weeks if he still stinks, move on.

Nestor, depends on who you’re dropping. He should be owned in a 10-team but maybe not yours if you have better SPs. Nestor just had his next started pushed to Monday against OAK so at the very least make room for him in that start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

who, if anyone, is the Yankees' closer?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Michael King is best bet

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm throwing in on King but it wouldn't shock me if it turns into a split between him and Marinaccio.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
How do people feel about Mervis going forward? I need to drop one of Mervis or Wisdom to make room for Judge coming off the IL. This is in a keeper league.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Imasalmon posted:

How do people feel about Mervis going forward? I need to drop one of Mervis or Wisdom to make room for Judge coming off the IL. This is in a keeper league.

How many keepers between seasons? Unless it's your full roster or close to it, I'm guessing MERV or Wisdom isn't going to factor in. I like Wisdom's 3B eligibility but MERV has the higher upside and I could make the case for him in 10 or 12 team leagues where you can get a replacement corner off waivers. Anything deeper and Wisdom is the safer play.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Riley Greene looking good

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Bregor posted:

How many keepers between seasons? Unless it's your full roster or close to it, I'm guessing MERV or Wisdom isn't going to factor in. I like Wisdom's 3B eligibility but MERV has the higher upside and I could make the case for him in 10 or 12 team leagues where you can get a replacement corner off waivers. Anything deeper and Wisdom is the safer play.

It is 12 keepers, but unless he really turns it on this season, I'm not likely to keep him, given my overall roster. I'm torn on the 3b eligibility as well, but I think I'll roll the dice on the kid, and see how it plays.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Would really be nice if Andres Gimenez started hitting here anytime soon. Getting the feeling that hes just going to be a speed/glove guy moving forward and that last year was a career year for him.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

fawning deference posted:

Riley Greene looking good

Spencer Torkelson also looking good lately

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Stop trying to trick me into adding Tigers

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I want beginning of the year Jordan Romano back 😔

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Jose Miranda droppable? I was able to put him into the NA slot and impulsively picked up Morel to start in his place the other day.

Was sent down to the minors I guess.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Floofy posted:

Is Jose Miranda droppable? I was able to put him into the NA slot and impulsively picked up Morel to start in his place the other day.

Was sent down to the minors I guess.

If you have an NA slot you might as well hold onto him, I think the Twins do want him to be a starter, but his whole season has been kind of a mess since he was dealing with a shoulder injury during spring.

That said, if it's a redraft and you have a prospect you'd rather stash, I don't think you gotta wait it out.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Manoah just isn't the same guy anymore. Hard to believe but it might be time to drop.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Austin Riley has been hot garbage for like a month now and I am not happy :argh:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

The Pussy Boss posted:

Manoah just isn't the same guy anymore. Hard to believe but it might be time to drop.

Next two starts are vs. O's and @ TB. I don't think we can wait and see anymore, I'll be dropping him in the AM.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Speaking of NA slots, I hope the Reds call up CES and Elly sooner rather than later, dudes are absolutely loving raking in AAA.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bregor posted:

Robert over Gallo yes. Pick him up and hope he goes on a tear. Homered tonight. In two weeks if he still stinks, move on.

This was very much the correct answer, and luckily what I did!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Manny Machado has a broken hand but is planning on playing through it. :lol: Did he break it in March?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

12 team H2H, R/HR/RBI/SB/OPS, K/ERA/WHIP/QS/NSVH

Kris Bryant and Patrick Wisdom both hit the wire today, which one should be my priority claim? Probably dropping Jeff McNeil's empty batting average and then one of my fungible holds guys when Glasnow comes off the IL this week.

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 23, 2023

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I would pick up KB, the weak spot in your offense might be that third OF slot if Duran stops hitting or Nootbaar falls into the abyss claiming all Cardinals hitters.

And yeah with Altuve back there's no reason to hold Arraez and McNeil, so drop the latter and them maybe one of your holds guys when Glasnow is ready.

coronaball posted:

This was very much the correct answer, and luckily what I did!

Sweet, glad it worked out. I tried to get Robert in a trade in my 12-teamer but the guy wasn't giving any discount at that time and now he's basically untouchable.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Injuries are killing me in my goon league this year, so many people out already missing good chunks of the season.

My "main" league I think I have a solid team, but the results just arent there. It doesnt help that Andres Giminez is killing me in both leagues!!!! Giving him another week or two before I punt on him for the year.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Gimenez killing me in two leagues as well. Riding the bench for Matt McLain in one and Brice Turang in the other :negative:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Christopher Morel didn't homer today can I cut him?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So schwarber is due for an insanely hot month right :)

…right?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Took a while this year, but finally my IL slots are all full. Wouldn't be fantasy baseball without it.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Monday_ posted:

Took a while this year, but finally my IL slots are all full. Wouldn't be fantasy baseball without it.

My $100 league team is falling apart, my 8 IL slots are full. Le Sigh.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
All of my IL slots are full and I have multiple (different) guys on all 3 of my teams that I can’t IL and don’t want to drop. It’s a total mess.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

My bench is IL in every single league I play. Love it.

Correction: I now have bench spots because of a hearty and healthy player named Giancarlo Stanton

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 2, 2023

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Are there any good pitcher IL stashes fort he end of the season? I have Robbie Ray sitting there taking a spot and I know he won’t be back at all this season.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dustin May and Drew Rasmussen might be back this year if they avoid surgery? A's rookie Mason Miller is throwing again. Some of them are probably stashed already.

Buehler (TJS last year) might be back in September?

Daniel Hudson could be in the mix for saves in LA in a month or so.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I grabbed Elly and he's single-handedly keeping me afloat.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Dustin May and Drew Rasmussen might be back this year if they avoid surgery? A's rookie Mason Miller is throwing again. Some of them are probably stashed already.

Buehler (TJS last year) might be back in September?

Daniel Hudson could be in the mix for saves in LA in a month or so.

I'm assuming Rasmussen's done for the year, or coming back to the pen if he does get back on the mound since it'll be like, September.

I just picked Mason Miller back up, although this seems almost miraculous to be throwing again already.

Tarik Skubal is already making rehab starts and they're going well, so if you want to stash him you should do it soon if he's even still available.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Matt Manning and John Means are probably back before end of summer. Lance McCullers might be available too but he's probably cooked.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Accident Underwater posted:

Matt Manning and John Means are probably back before end of summer. Lance McCullers might be available too but he's probably cooked.

Means suffered a setback and strained something in his back, sounds like even August is dicey right now.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
My offense over the past 7 days:

:sigh:

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Is Bo Naylor worth a look? I know catcher seems to also be a wasteland, I’ve got Cal Raleigh and Mitch Garver at the moment (both not playing today, which is annoying)

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Floofy posted:

Is Bo Naylor worth a look? I know catcher seems to also be a wasteland, I’ve got Cal Raleigh and Mitch Garver at the moment (both not playing today, which is annoying)

Absolutely in 2 catcher leagues. Garver's health has been iffy, and Raleigh is what he is. Naylor's ceiling is much higher IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I dropped Raleigh for him this morning and don't regret it.