Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone have a simple free standard yahoo league with an opening? I’m tempted to try fantasy baseball for the first time. Hopefully I’m too late and can avoid catching this sickness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I just hate getting money involved. I took my free yahoo football league deadly serious and just wish others would do the same lol. Appreciate the advice though!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I managed to find a league! I have no idea what the gently caress I’m getting myself into but I’m hyped :D

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jonathan India or Jeff McNeil ROS? I have a guy wanting to trade me Jordan Montgomery for Jeff and… I’m just not sure even though I need pitching. That said I’m a Cardinals homer already collecting Cards pitchers and uhhh that’s maybe not a great idea lol. Standard Yahoo H2H.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Appreciate y’all giving me advice. I swapped McNeil for Montgomery. I believe in my poo poo team’s pitching!

Tempted to drop Hays or McCutchen for either Suwinski or Rooker. Any feelings on that? Cutch is looking awesome but Suwinksi’s statcast is insane. Rooker is putting up great numbers but the Pirates are killing it right now.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DeGrom left the game with back problems I guess? :negative:

Bregor posted:

Suwinski is basically a young Joc Pederson. Platoon guy (although he started against a lefty today) who crushes righties, will need to be managed/benched when facing a lefty-heavy week, and submarines your BA. That has value but don’t buy him thinking it’s going to be 30+HR and 600 PAs.

Rooker seems like a AAAA guy on a heater. But sometimes they last a few months? Team context is abysmal though, how many R and RBI is he really going to get?

I’d be fine dropping either Cutch or Hays, you should be churning the bottom of your lineup and hoping to spike something better anyway. If Alek Thomas is available I’d throw a dart at him ahead of Rooker or Suwinski, D-Backs optioned Jake McCarthy so he’s playing every day and his statcast is encouraging.

I went for those two but thanks for your input, it’s appreciated. Thanks! Good tip on churning the bottom guys until someone real good lands. I hadn’t really considered that I was slowly moving towards that strategy.

Alek Thomas is an interesting one, I stuck him in my watchlist. The D-Backs are solid this year for sure.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I just dropped Hays for Suwinski myself, and I would drop Cutch for Rooker at this point. Cutch looks good so far, but he's old, I'd rather take a chance on a young guy breaking out.

Also speaking of Pirates, grab Mitch Keller if you still can, 10 Ks tonight against the Dodgers, he's looked solid all season.

I did exactly that with both sets of dudes. I love Cutch and I think he’s going to have a good year but yeah, betting on high ceiling breakouts is a good move. My infield is solid, locked in and my OF/Util is mostly full of younger high ceiling guys now and I like that.

Thanks for the tip on Keller. Unfortunately someone scooped him up. The Pirates are insane this year and it doesn’t feel like just a hot streak.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Accident Underwater posted:

Was just offered Bryce Harper for my guy Wander Franco and I am super intrigued but also a little worried about Bryce's power coming back this year. Any thoughts? I could use homers more than the steals and I have Matt McClain and (eventually) ONeil Cruz to man SS.

Wander is great but I would absolutely accept that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Big Maple

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

funny way to spell posted:

Drop Matt McClain or Bryan Reynolds for Yordan Alvarez off the IL?

Reynolds. It feels wild to say that. You could always try a trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

They would be insane to not have him in the rotation as a starter

-me, a guy who has had Eury stashed on the bench