Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Took a few years off from most of my leagues post-pandemmer but I'm back in and up to four leagues for now. Had a TGFBI satellite draft back in early February (hence the injured/AAA players):

code:
Tucker, Kyle		1	6	OF
Alcantara, Sandy	2	25	P
Arenado, Nolan		3	36	3B
Smith, Will		4	55	C
Bieber, Shane		5	66	P
Bogaerts, Xander	6	85	SS
Doval, Camilo		7	96	P
Lowe, Nathaniel		8	115	1B
Peralta, Freddy		9	126	P
Happ, Ian		10	145	OF
Lowe, Brandon		11	156	2B
Nimmo, Brandon		12	175	OF
Detmers, Reid		13	186	P
LeMahieu, DJ		14	205	CI
Brown, Seth		15	216	OF
Vargas, Miguel		16	235	CI
Myers, Wil		17	246	OF
Lange, Alex		18	265	P
Syndergaard, Noah	19	276	P
Garcia, Luis		20	295	UT
Maeda, Kenta		21	306	P
Hughes, Brandon		22	325	P
Olivares, Edward	23	336	OF
Senzel, Nick		24	355	OF
Paxton, James		25	366	P
De La Cruz, Elly	26	385	SS
Trevino, Jose		27	396	C
Robles, Victor		28	415	OF
Turang, Brice		29	426	SS
Lugo, Seth		30	445	P
Feel like I would re-do the Will Smith pick and some of my late darts, but I still like the value I got in the Detmers to Lange portion there. First FAAB run Sunday will be crucial.

Dynasty draft tomorrow night, then two more drafts on Saturday and next Wednesday :doit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Joined a 20-team dynasty league (keep up to 23 players, everyone in Fantrax pool available) with a H2H 6x6 (HR, RBI, OBP, SBN, TB, RC) (QS, K, ERA, WHIP, S+H, HR/9). Definitely a new format for me. Took over a very bad roster, and before the draft I dealt Lance Lynn for Ke'Bryan Hayes and Andres Munoz. Still I only ended up keeping six guys, so I had the first four picks of the snake draft, then was only drafting with two other teams for the next few rounds as well. After the draft and some add/drops I ended up with this:

code:
Keibert Ruiz		WSH	C
Spencer Steer		CIN	1B,2B,3B
Ozzie Albies (K)	ATL	2B
Ke'Bryan Hayes (K)	PIT	3B
Oswald Peraza		NYY	SS
Jake Fraley		CIN	OF
Kyle Stowers		BAL	OF
Masataka Yoshida	BOS	OF
Isaac Paredes		TB	1B,2B,3B
Luis Campusano		SD	C
Brandon Nimmo (K)	NYM	OF

Jackson Merrill		SD	SS
Colson Montgomery	CHW	3B,SS
Ceddanne Rafaela	BOS	SS,OF
Dylan Crews		(N/A)	OF

Kyle Bradish		BAL	SP
Andrew Heaney		TEX	SP
Ryne Nelson		ARI	SP
Trevor Rogers		MIA	SP
Max Scherzer (K)	NYM	SP
Adbert Alzolay		CHC	RP
Camilo Doval		SF	RP
Hunter Harvey		WSH	RP
Andres Munoz (K)	SEA	RP
Evan Phillips		LAD	RP
Aaron Ashby		MIL	SP,RP
Tylor Megill		NYM	SP

Bobby Miller (K)	LAD	SP,RP
Yoshinobu Yamamoto	(N/A)	SP
Brandon Pfaadt		ARI	SP,RP
My pitching is ugly but I'm used to 12- and 15-team leagues so hopefully it's not as bad as I think. I like my offense well enough, and there are some decent OF on waivers still, but I didn't prioritize 1B and it punished me in the draft. There's just... not that many good 1B, and I waited too long for too many teams to jump into the draft and get them. Live and learn. Gonna try to flip Scherzer and my closers at some point, nowhere to go but up!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Finally drafted in my home/money league tonight and I got so used to 15 teamers and/or super-deep leagues that I was continually caught off guard by the names still available. I could have had Gabriel Moreno in the last round!

Pitching will need reinforcement but I'd rather be streaming pitching than hitting!

Those Rasmussen/Brown/Hoerner picks :swoon:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

12-team Yahoo friends n' family draft. Usually a very sharp room but for some reason I got all of the young guys I wanted. Only real reach is Kirby but there's a Mariners fan in the league and I really wanted him.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Happy "Just Put My Injured Player on the loving IL Already" Day to all who celebrate.

Have my last draft tonight! Time for one more share of Hayden Wesneski :getin:

Kilometers Davis posted:

I managed to find a league! I have no idea what the gently caress I’m getting myself into but I’m hyped :D

:toot: Good luck this season! Pop into the thread if you have questions about roster moves, strategy, etc

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

ESPN will let you IL players who have an "O" by their name, like Rodon. But Yahoo just lists him as DTD, and you can't IL a DTD player.

And so the wait continues.

I'm waiting on Yahoo and Fantrax, who only follow official MLB IL moves, which is only really annoying this week. But still!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Just saw a few of my guys in Yahoo/Fantrax hit the IL. Go check your teams!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Last draft of the year, CBS 10-team H2H, $300 entry

code:
1 / 6		Kyle Tucker RF | HOU
2 / 15		Bobby Witt SS | KC
3 / 26		Gerrit Cole SP | NYY
4 / 35		Kyle Schwarber LF | PHI
5 / 46		Emmanuel Clase RP | CLE
6 / 55		Corbin Carroll LF | ARI
7 / 66		Tim Anderson SS | CHW
8 / 75		Andres Gimenez 2B | CLE
9 / 86		Jose Abreu 1B | HOU
10 / 95		George Kirby SP | SEA
11 / 106	Lance Lynn SP | CHW
12 / 115	Taylor Ward RF | LAA
13 / 126	Hunter Greene SP | CIN
14 / 135	Andrew Vaughn RF | CHW
15 / 146	Jhoan Duran RP | MIN
16 / 155	Seiya Suzuki RF | CHC
17 / 166	Tyler Glasnow SP | TB
18 / 175	Drew Rasmussen SP | TB
19 / 186	Gabriel Moreno C | ARI
20 / 195	Reid Detmers SP | LAA
21 / 206	Jarred Kelenic CF | SEA
22 / 215	Scott Barlow RP | KC
23 / 226	Josh Rojas 3B | ARI
24 / 235	Wil Myers RF | CIN
25 / 246	Esteury Ruiz LF | OAK
26 / 255	A.J. Minter RP | ATL
27 / 266	Spencer Torkelson 1B | DET
28 / 275	Hayden Wesneski SP | CHC
With shallow leagues I want to wait until the last round on catcher, but some dingus was on auto and took four catchers so I had to jump in and get Moreno. :argh: Otherwise great value for me, no one took SPs until R3 when Burnes and Scherzer went right before my spot, so I felt like I had to snag Cole there. Then a ton of SPs went and I was trying to zag with the Clase/Carroll picks. And since it was my last league I snagged a bunch of guys I wanted at least one share of, like the entire Lynn/Ward/Greene/Vaughn stretch there.

GAMES TOMORROW YESSSSS

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Where’s my Felix Bautista support group at

Bregor
May 31, 2013

General Bullshit posted:

There will be like a dozen days you kick yourself for sitting some guy and starting another person.

For example, benching Brice Turang this week in a 15-team league :smithicide:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fleetwood posted:

Baty (my final pick) sitting on the bench while he tears up AAA

e: I feel like it's breaking an unwritten rule to keep him rostered but I'm unwilling to change my sicko ways

Bad news my friend

https://twitter.com/Metsmerized/status/1643346341601460229

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Yeah no kidding. I snagged Arenado in my 15-teamer and Austin Riley in my 12-teamer thankfully.

Then there’s my 10-teamer where I had Witt at 3B and Tim Anderson at SS. Now Witt’s at SS and my 3B is… Josh Rojas. :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Jonathan India or Jeff McNeil ROS? I have a guy wanting to trade me Jordan Montgomery for Jeff and… I’m just not sure even though I need pitching. That said I’m a Cardinals homer already collecting Cards pitchers and uhhh that’s maybe not a great idea lol. Standard Yahoo H2H.

You picked the one season without Cardinals Devil Magic for their pitchers!

I'd rather have India ROS in that format. McNeil doesn't give enough HR/SB juice and in H2H the effects of his good BA typically don't matter as much.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Monday_ posted:

My 3b spot has been a revolving door of Alec Bohm, Ryan McMahon and Ke'Bryan Hayes. :smith:

I think I'll drop Hayes and take a flyer on Brent Rooker right now.

That's a really tough call but I like Hayes there. He's cut his K% in half, his statcast data is pretty good including a better launch angle, and he's playing every day. (Small sample size caveats still apply.) I'd keep all three guys over Rooker, but if you have to drop one I'd say McMahon. It's just so hard to drop a decent Rockies hitter though :ohdear: Maybe try to flip McMahon for help elsewhere?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Jordan Walker sitting for the second game in a row… :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Oli Marmol loving hates us all.

Apparently so does Cardinals brass. Jordan Walker optioned :smithicide:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

coronaball posted:

Yikes, wtf do I do with Walker without an N/A spot? My only other 3B is Baty.

Mets only have one lefty SP for the rest of this week (Fried) so Baty should get most of the starts. I'd roll with Baty and hold Walker if I could.

General Bullshit posted:

I had to drop him in a shallow league. I hate when teams do this crap.

:smith: Sorry bud. I've got him in a league with an NA spot but I also have Taj Bradley so the struggle is real. Ended up dropping Brendan Donovan since he's at the bottom of the lineup now, but Walker might have to be my next cut.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kilometers Davis posted:

Appreciate y’all giving me advice. I swapped McNeil for Montgomery. I believe in my poo poo team’s pitching!

Tempted to drop Hays or McCutchen for either Suwinski or Rooker. Any feelings on that? Cutch is looking awesome but Suwinksi’s statcast is insane. Rooker is putting up great numbers but the Pirates are killing it right now.

Suwinski is basically a young Joc Pederson. Platoon guy (although he started against a lefty today) who crushes righties, will need to be managed/benched when facing a lefty-heavy week, and submarines your BA. That has value but don’t buy him thinking it’s going to be 30+HR and 600 PAs.

Rooker seems like a AAAA guy on a heater. But sometimes they last a few months? Team context is abysmal though, how many R and RBI is he really going to get?

I’d be fine dropping either Cutch or Hays, you should be churning the bottom of your lineup and hoping to spike something better anyway. If Alek Thomas is available I’d throw a dart at him ahead of Rooker or Suwinski, D-Backs optioned Jake McCarthy so he’s playing every day and his statcast is encouraging.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Are y’all in leagues with unlimited IL? I’m happy for you and all but I didn’t have any formats where I felt comfortable drafting him, especially since reports were Harper would be out until June or July.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Robert over Gallo yes. Pick him up and hope he goes on a tear. Homered tonight. In two weeks if he still stinks, move on.

Nestor, depends on who you’re dropping. He should be owned in a 10-team but maybe not yours if you have better SPs. Nestor just had his next started pushed to Monday against OAK so at the very least make room for him in that start.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Imasalmon posted:

How do people feel about Mervis going forward? I need to drop one of Mervis or Wisdom to make room for Judge coming off the IL. This is in a keeper league.

How many keepers between seasons? Unless it's your full roster or close to it, I'm guessing MERV or Wisdom isn't going to factor in. I like Wisdom's 3B eligibility but MERV has the higher upside and I could make the case for him in 10 or 12 team leagues where you can get a replacement corner off waivers. Anything deeper and Wisdom is the safer play.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Austin Riley has been hot garbage for like a month now and I am not happy :argh:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

I would pick up KB, the weak spot in your offense might be that third OF slot if Duran stops hitting or Nootbaar falls into the abyss claiming all Cardinals hitters.

And yeah with Altuve back there's no reason to hold Arraez and McNeil, so drop the latter and them maybe one of your holds guys when Glasnow is ready.

coronaball posted:

This was very much the correct answer, and luckily what I did!

Sweet, glad it worked out. I tried to get Robert in a trade in my 12-teamer but the guy wasn't giving any discount at that time and now he's basically untouchable.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Gimenez killing me in two leagues as well. Riding the bench for Matt McLain in one and Brice Turang in the other :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Floofy posted:

Is Bo Naylor worth a look? I know catcher seems to also be a wasteland, I’ve got Cal Raleigh and Mitch Garver at the moment (both not playing today, which is annoying)

Absolutely in 2 catcher leagues. Garver's health has been iffy, and Raleigh is what he is. Naylor's ceiling is much higher IMO.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

gently caress me, just put Sean Murphy on the IL. They called up Tromp but Murph is only day to day. Need to sign another C but have no one to cut. I loving hate it when teams do this.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Floofy posted:

Am I wrong to be carrying two catches in a one catcher league? I’m relatively new to fantasy baseball and i try and keep alternates for every position on my bench just in case, catcher included.

Daily rosters: With a deep bench, no not at all. For a while I had Murphy/D'Arnaud and it worked out pretty well. But if you have limited bench spots like most ESPN/Yahoo/CBS leagues, I'd use them on extra SPs.

Weekly roster lock: One catcher is fine.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Braves score 14 runs, Riley 0-6 :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Floofy posted:

I was on here asking for advice to fill my IR slots. Got them filled up and then Alex Cobb and Hunter Greene both get placed on the IR. Perfect, now I have injured guys on my active roster until IR spots open up.

Unless you're in a pretty deep league I don't see any reason to hold Cobb. Who are your other IL stashes?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Sean Murphy off today, I’ll move Henry Davis to C and Jordan Walker to OF

Walker’s sitting too, I’ll get Seiya in the lineup

Seiya is off too…

daily lineup leagues are their own torture.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Well I had some momentum and then Darvish and McLain hit the IL on the same day :negative:

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

Joined a 20-team dynasty league (keep up to 23 players, everyone in Fantrax pool available) with a H2H 6x6 (HR, RBI, OBP, SBN, TB, RC) (QS, K, ERA, WHIP, S+H, HR/9). Definitely a new format for me. Took over a very bad roster

snip

Well, I finished 12th and have a ton of prospects now!

code:
MLB

William Contreras
Spencer Steer
Ozzie Albies
Curtis Mead
Jordan Westburg
Pete Crow-Armstrong
Brandon Nimmo
Masataka Yoshida
Junior Caminero

Logan Allen
Aaron Ashby
Kyle Bradish
Kyle Harrison
Bobby Miller
Kutter Crawford
Camilo Doval
Andres Munoz

MiLB/International

Matt Mervis
Lazaro Montes
Tyler Black
Michael Busch
Jackson Merrill
Colson Montgomery
Jett Williams
Owen Caissie
Dylan Crews
Chase DeLauter
Druw Jones

Shota Imanaga
Jared Jones
Noah Schultz
Yoshinobu Yamamoto
Really happy with how the season turned out, dynasty leagues are pretty crazy to keep up with but I think my team will be much better in '24 and hopefully contending in '25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm now in two Ottoneu leagues and already doing mock drafts for TGFBI. I should probably make a new thread.

2B is the new 3B.

A new thread would be cool, I'm currently in a TGFBI satellite slow draft and still making deals in my dynasty league. There is no offseason...