Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I'm pretty much a neophyte in fantasy baseball (first try was last year) and I'm hoping for some keeper advice. I'm in GB's league (6x6 stats, 3 Keepers), and last year I kept Ohtani, Trout, and then the tough choic3 was Bichette over Freeman (sort of a whoopsie homer pick).

This year I'm unsure how much I should consider positional depth, i.e. which positions have the steepest decline in expected production among the top available players. Also how much risk I should factor in for age & injury history?

I know it isn't "wrong" to keep the same 3, but I'm curious if anyone has an argument for swapping someone out.

SP/DH Ohtani (Kept last year)
OF Trout (Kept last year)
2B Bichette (Kept last year)
SP Verlander
C Realmuto
OF Springer
OF Kwan
OF/DH Arozarena

My thought process (quite possibly flawed) was:

- Ohtani is a lock
- If I'm concerned about Trout's health then Springer is equally a concern, so farewell George
- Kwan sacrifices too much power for speed, good luck Steven
- Arozarena is interesting but like Kwan trades off a lot for SB, hasta tarde Randy
- Bichette was inconsistent early last year but ended up being my best for H, R, Avg, and was a contributor everywhere else, welcome back Bo?
- Realmuto was great but there's no logic behind keeping a C over an every day 2B, right?
- So after all that I have Ohtani locked, and Trout, Bichette, and Verlander to consider for the final two keeper spots. And this is where I'm stumped in terms of gauging (ideal performance if healthy) vs (expected value when considering age/injury) vs (how many players are strong bets to produce 90%+ as much this year)?

Thanks for reading all this nonsense, appreciate any quick takes & feel free to make me look like a dummy if I'm overlooking something obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

General Bullshit posted:

You cannot go wrong with either Bichette or Verlander. Both are solid as keepers.

Yeah, feels like any 2/3 combo of Trout, Bichette, Verlander could be justified. I've got to figure out which position has depth at the top, or crystal ball the health of Trout vs Verlander.