Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
He's on a new team but nothing's changed.

Moved without modification from the 2022 thread:

Important links
Statcast - The rawest of stats. Look up info like exit velocity and runner speed in mph.
Fangraphs - Lots of advanced stats that you can customize and export to a spreadsheet. Check out their auction calculator for custom league projections.
Baseball Reference - You can see every batter on one page here and every pitcher here which you can export to CSV.
Closer Monkey - Closer news. Find out who's about to become the next closer.
Baseball Savant Daily Matchups - See which players have good matchups each day
Baseball Press Lineups - See which players are starting or benched before lineups get locked..
MLB.com Spring Training Stats - Find out which players to choose in the first round because they hit 5 HRs in March.
Razzball
FantasyAlarm
Rotoworld
FantasyPros
Pitcher List - We have a whole new stat as of PL8 called PLV, along with projections and an incredibly good draft sheet that's going to be available to PL Pro subscribers.
Libre Office - More or less a clone of Microsoft Excel but it's free and works on every OS. Make your winning draft spreadsheet with this.
Fantasy Pitching Calculator - Projects how your ERA & WHIP will change based on future runs/hits. For helping to decide whether to start or bench pitchers on Sunday in H2H

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Who are some players you are targetting this year? Hunter Greene is gonna be on every one of my teams.

I have a feeling I am going to end up with no Greene anywhere, but I also think that an Andres Munoz/Paul Sewald back-to-back stack is going to be Godlike so I'm also an idiot.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Doing TGFBI again this year and I just took Emmanuel Clase in the second round so I'm either brilliant or the dumbest man alive.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

kick justin masons rear end

I'm not in his league, sadly, but I am in one with Danielle!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
TGFBI Draft is in the books:

Oscar Gonzalez is the only pick I'm iffy on, looking back now.

EDIT: Now I just have my other 5 6 concurrent slow drafts still happening to worry about.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Mar 8, 2023

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I was planning on taking it easy this season and now I'm in two Ottoneu leagues on top of the usual list of random cruft. What is wrong with me.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finally drafted in my home/money league tonight (12-tm H2H 7x7 with OBP/SLG and QS/L) and I got so used to 15 teamers and/or super-deep leagues that I was continually caught off guard by the names still available. I could have had Gabriel Moreno in the last round!

Pitching will need reinforcement but I'd rather be streaming pitching than hitting!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 24, 2023

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Those Rasmussen/Brown/Hoerner picks :swoon:

This is only my first or second time actually being able to snag Rasmussen or Brown in drafts, but I'm so in on Hoerner this year for some reason. Doesn't hurt he'll have 2B elig by the end of the second week, I suppose.

EDIT: Also I think it's funny what's happened with Rasmussen and Springs, and Framber and Javier. Everybody wants the new hotness this year. (I really, really considered Javier instead of Framber, but I figured I should balance out McClanahan with somebody who'll probably get a lot more QSes.)

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 24, 2023

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Finished my last draft for the season last night, so out of 10 leagues here's my Top 30 player share info:

I did not think I would have this much Alex Wood in my life.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

coronaball posted:

In a 12 teamer last night, I took Jordan Walker with the 81st overall pick, Volpe with the 129th, and I have no absolutely no idea if I reached or got a steal on one or both.

I think that's a decent deal on Volpe, he's gotta be shooting up the ADP ranks right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Remember to set your lineups and goonspeed to you all.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Floofy posted:

I just got a trade offer of Nick Castellanos for Seiya Suzuki. I don’t know a lot about baseball, but looking at the stats, this should be a good trade for me?

Is there something I don’t know about other than the other team might be a Chicago homer as he’s got a bunch of Cubs already.

I could see it working out for you, but Castellanos made a change to his approach in the box this year that may hurt his power output, if that's what you're chasing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

the_american_dream posted:

Ok now that Jordan Walker has cooled off and Gunnar hasn’t found it yet I find myself really wishing I followed the thread title advice and went after a solid 3b.

I am down real bad right now :saddowns:

Spencer Steer is still less than 5% rostered on ESPN which seems insane to me.

Also Josh Rojas exists, I guess?

Every other name I'm seeing <30% rostered on ESPN is in the midst of a horrible cold streak, of course.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Jordan Walker sitting for the second game in a row… :negative:

Oli Marmol loving hates us all.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm throwing in on King but it wouldn't shock me if it turns into a split between him and Marinaccio.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Floofy posted:

Is Jose Miranda droppable? I was able to put him into the NA slot and impulsively picked up Morel to start in his place the other day.

Was sent down to the minors I guess.

If you have an NA slot you might as well hold onto him, I think the Twins do want him to be a starter, but his whole season has been kind of a mess since he was dealing with a shoulder injury during spring.

That said, if it's a redraft and you have a prospect you'd rather stash, I don't think you gotta wait it out.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Speaking of NA slots, I hope the Reds call up CES and Elly sooner rather than later, dudes are absolutely loving raking in AAA.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Dustin May and Drew Rasmussen might be back this year if they avoid surgery? A's rookie Mason Miller is throwing again. Some of them are probably stashed already.

Buehler (TJS last year) might be back in September?

Daniel Hudson could be in the mix for saves in LA in a month or so.

I'm assuming Rasmussen's done for the year, or coming back to the pen if he does get back on the mound since it'll be like, September.

I just picked Mason Miller back up, although this seems almost miraculous to be throwing again already.

Tarik Skubal is already making rehab starts and they're going well, so if you want to stash him you should do it soon if he's even still available.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Accident Underwater posted:

Matt Manning and John Means are probably back before end of summer. Lance McCullers might be available too but he's probably cooked.

Means suffered a setback and strained something in his back, sounds like even August is dicey right now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Bregor posted:

Unless you're in a pretty deep league I don't see any reason to hold Cobb. Who are your other IL stashes?

Yeah, Cobb is droppable.

Floofy posted:

Skubal, May, and Diaz are my pitching ir’s. I feel like I have to keep Cobb because I traded mike Harris for him just to get another pitcher. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Harris wasn’t staring for me at all, had to thin down the bench.

Bro.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

I looked early on Sunday and was losing, imagine my surprise when I saw today that I had indeed come back from an 8-4 deficit to a 6-5-1 win!

came back from down 2-12 to tie it, but then some stat correction turned it back into a 6-8 loss :smith:

Still 9-3-1 and sitting a game up in first place though!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kilometers Davis posted:

They would be insane to not have him in the rotation as a starter

-me, a guy who has had Eury stashed on the bench

I mean they should also be thinking this as a team ostensibly able to get a playoff spot this year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm 15-4-1 in my money league, and as of right tonight I'm 9-0-5 in my matchup thanks to the following offensive line:

.321/.428/.732, 20 R, 12 HR, 21 RBI, 3SB

My pitching has also picked things up a bit this week but man, this offense is just suffocating, and my starters are almost all dudes I drafted. Feels good.

EDIT: Also I totally thought I hosed up reacting to RP changes because of the real-life trade deadline but two of the "Good ratios, maybe a W or SV vulture" guys I picked off the wire are now officially closers which is fun.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 31, 2023

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Who is your pitching and is this a keeper league?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I don't think you necessarily need to rush out and drop any of the bats, maybe replace Blackburn with somebody with more upside given his next scheduled start is against Texas?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ended up doing alright in RazzSlam this year...

Now I just need to not poo poo the bed this week in my money league and I'll really be feeling good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

kensei posted:

Ugh first place for a lot of the season and then falling flat in the playoffs.

Yep, my team picked a hell of a week to stop hitting and melt down on the mound every night.

EDIT: NM they remembered how to hit in a big way last night please keep it up today my dudes.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 24, 2023

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm now in two Ottoneu leagues and already doing mock drafts for TGFBI. I should probably make a new thread.

2B is the new 3B.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Have at em https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4053768