Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Would like to do a 20 dollar goon league we try to get one together every year and it fails, but we shall try again

If we do it on yahoo, I think you can count me in as well as a goon buddy of mine.

edit: payments would have to be on leaguesafe or something though, Michigan changed the law and yahoo doesn't wanna pay up so I am restricted from doing yahoo money leagues.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doltos posted:

Would like to do a 20 dollar goon league we try to get one together every year and it fails, but we shall try again

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

If we do it on yahoo, I think you can count me in as well as a goon buddy of mine.

edit: payments would have to be on leaguesafe or something though, Michigan changed the law and yahoo doesn't wanna pay up so I am restricted from doing yahoo money leagues.

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Sign me up

pmed

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

We've got a few openings left in this league, if any other goons would like to join, hit me up.

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

We've got a few openings left in this league, if any other goons would like to join, hit me up.

3 spots left in the $20 keeper league, draft has been moved to Wednesday March 22nd @ 9pm est.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Keeper question!

6x6 league with BBs and Holds. Short benches, which makes ace SPs more valuable.

Keep 3:
Aaron Judge
Ronald Acuña
Spencer Strider
-------------------------
Clayton Kershaw
Zack Wheeler

Am I nuts for keeping Strider over two much more established pitchers? Anyone fading Acuña enough to drop him below one of those SPs?

No and no.

You are keeping the right 3 players.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

2 spots left in this startup $20 yahoo 12 team H2H 7x7 league (keep 5 players next year) with league payments on leaguesafe.

Draft is Wednesday, March 22nd at 9 pm est.

Hit me up if you want in.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'd like to join this league plz

Just found out that I can't join Yahoo Prize leagues because the state I moved to has some bullshit anti-gambling laws, so this is perfect.

Hey dude, can you check your PMs? Trying to get something sorted out here.

--------

We have 1 (possibly 2) spot(s) left in our $20 yahoo startup keeper league:

12 team H2H 7x7, keep 5 players year to year.

R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
ERA, WHIP, K, k/9, k/bb, SV+HLDs, QS

6 bench spots, 3 NA, 4 IL.

Draft is Wednesday, March 22nd at 9 pm est. payments hosted on leaguesafe.

Hit me up if you are interested!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Just finished drafting a $25 H2H 7x7 12 team league.

Runs, Hits, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP

Wins, SV, Ks, ERA, WHIP, K/9, QS

Going in, I was a little unsure how this draft was gonna go, with both Wins and Quality Starts scored for SP I thought I might have to go for SP a little earlier, but that was not the case. I could probably use another SP, but this staff will do to start.

Bogaerts and Goldy felt like steals where I got them. I was grateful Arenado lasted until my pick in the 3rd, 3b gets thin quickly after that.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Had a good draft for this league.....

Totally forgot it was a keeper league though!

My team:
code:

J.T. Realmuto PHI - C
C.J. Cron COL - 1B
Gleyber Torres NYY - 2B
José Ramírez CLE - 3B
Nico Hoerner CHC - SS
Mike Trout LAA - OF
Bryan Reynolds PIT - OF
Tyler O'Neill STL - OF
Josh Bell CLE - 1B
Jarred Kelenic SEA - OF
DJ LeMahieu NYY - 1B,2B,3B
Josh Jung TEX - 3B
Mike Yastrzemski SF - OF
Cody Bellinger CHC - OF
Bryson Stott PHI - 2B,SS

Shohei Ohtani (Pitcher) LAA - SP
Justin Verlander NYM - SP
Ryan Pressly HOU - RP
Evan Phillips LAD - RP
Drew Rasmussen TB - SP
Paul Sewald SEA - RP
Clay Holmes NYY - RP
Sonny Gray MIN - SP
Craig Kimbrel PHI - RP

yeah, it was a fun one, and looking like this league will be pretty competitive.

I'm happy with my team too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

coronaball posted:

In a 12 teamer last night, I took Jordan Walker with the 81st overall pick, Volpe with the 129th, and I have no absolutely no idea if I reached or got a steal on one or both.

Walker's ADP seems to have jumped to about 80, so you're right in line there. I would expect Volpe's to climp into the top 100, around the Oneil Cruz range maybe.

I managed to get Walker in 3 of 3 keeper leagues, I kept him in 1 league and in the other 2 I got him at picks #148 and #164, drafted last week.

Volpe I managed to get in 2 of 3 keepers, at picks #221 and #213, drafted last week.

I like drafting a little early. :getin:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

You should try a Prize League IMO. They start at $5 and it's more fun with a little money at stake because people take it seriously.

Check out ADP to see where guys are going: https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/overall.php Do a mock draft before your real draft to get a feel for things. It can't hurt to make a quick and dirty ranking of the top guys at each position, so when it's time to choose between Scherzer/Strider/McClanahan, or Seager/Lindor/Bogaerts, or whatever, you already know who you want.

Yeah, definitely do a prize league if you live in a state that allows it, people do take it more seriously. With free public leagues you run the risk of people abandoning their teams and the league becoming dead. I drafted a free public league late February because I like to do one draft before rankings take shape, and 2 teams in the league have made moves since the draft.... it is dead already.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

I'm waiting on Yahoo and Fantrax, who only follow official MLB IL moves, which is only really annoying this week. But still!

Yeah, I've been waiting on Harper/Glasnow on yahoo, looks like Glasnow finally got ILed.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Appreciate y’all giving me advice. I swapped McNeil for Montgomery. I believe in my poo poo team’s pitching!

Tempted to drop Hays or McCutchen for either Suwinski or Rooker. Any feelings on that? Cutch is looking awesome but Suwinksi’s statcast is insane. Rooker is putting up great numbers but the Pirates are killing it right now.

I just dropped Hays for Suwinski myself, and I would drop Cutch for Rooker at this point. Cutch looks good so far, but he's old, I'd rather take a chance on a young guy breaking out.

Also speaking of Pirates, grab Mitch Keller if you still can, 10 Ks tonight against the Dodgers, he's looked solid all season.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

Thanks for the tip on Keller. Unfortunately someone scooped him up. The Pirates are insane this year and it doesn’t feel like just a hot streak.

Yeah, it feels like the stars are aligned for the Buccos this season with our Redbirds sucking and Milwaukee underperforming. They even managed to get a deal done with Reynolds, I was shocked.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Bregor posted:

Apparently so does Cardinals brass. Jordan Walker optioned :smithicide:

Hopefully he will be back quickly. One of the things they wanted him to work on was lifting the ball more... this is a very good sign already:

https://twitter.com/CardinalsReek/status/1652125982919208963?t=L5X6CbCn3hDsle2YpwSOzw&s=19

edit: wtf do I do with Varsho? He has been straight up trash this year... still adjusting to new team/league?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 29, 2023

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

General Bullshit posted:

Bryce Harper maybe activated Tuesday :lol:

I drafted him at pick 185 in a money league :lol:

:bisonyes:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

After having little to no success trading at all this season (I think I made one trade across my 5 leagues before the season started)... I have managed to make 2 trades in the same money league this week, I'm feeling good about them now.

The first trade was randomly offered to me the other night and I jumped on it for a few reasons despite it complicating my roster... my team started the season out well but has been trending down and needed a shakeup, and Carroll's shoulder issue gave me a little concern, so here is the trade I accepted:

I give: Corbin Carroll
I get: Freddie Freeman

I already had Goldy at 1B, and with only one UTIL slot currently occupied by Elly, weakening my OF by giving up Carroll was hard to do and also meant I needed to make another trade. But I felt was worth it to get Freddie since this league counts Hits along with AVG and OBP.

That trade made me shop some other guys around, I made a few offers and this one ended up getting accepted today:

I give: Goldy and Bogaerts
I get: Randy Arozarena

Bogaerts has been rotting on my bench so this also gives me another roster spot to work with. I will probably pick up another pitcher once trade 2 goes through.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

The playoffs started this week in one of my money leagues and I think I need to drop a bat to pick up another pitcher, but I'm having a hard time making the call...

...do I drop Arenado? He's been ice cold for a while and is possibly hurt or just doesn't give a poo poo because the Cardinals' season was over months ago.

Or do I drop McCormick, who Dusty has seemingly platooned for no reason and is only playing every other game....?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Inspector_666 posted:

Who is your pitching and is this a keeper league?

Redraft. My pitching is pretty mediocre, I probably shouldn't win with this team...

But anyway, I just saw Jordan Lawlar got called up and pulled the trigger on dropping Arenado, and dropped Rengifo for a pitcher (Sanchez).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:swoon: I love you Chas.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

:swoon: I love you Chas.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I made it to the Finals in 3 of the 5 leagues I cared about! as well as a free yahoo pubby league that I abandoned in June :lol:

Free yahoo pubby leagues are pointless.

Anyway, 2 of the Finals I am in are for money, the first one is the keeper league I set up with DGladding and some other goons, I'll either win $150 for 1st or $50 for 2nd.

My other money league is a redraft Winner Take All, I can win $240. I've used 4 of my 6 moves for the week and it's only Tuesday lmao.

Should be a fun week.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVIWkiOgK4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

fawning deference posted:

My strategy of the long game has really worked out. I drafted Acuna and Tatis a couple of years ago in my keeper league when both were out for the whole season or most of it, and I drafted J-Rod as an early reach. Last year I drafted Bobby Witt as an early reach. I won my league.

We have 6 keepers and this year I am starting with keeping Acuna/Witt/JRod/Tatis, ranked 1/2/3/7 (might be 4 if he rebounds from a down year). Life is good

We started a new 7x7 keeper league last season and I am definitely glad I drafted so well the first year.

Scoring:

Runs, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG
K, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, QS, SV/HLD

I won last season. We get 5 keepers, and I'm coming into this season with Acuña (#1), Witt (#2), Carroll (#4), Riley (#14), and I haven't decided my 5th yet for sure, but probably gonna keep George Kirby (other options are Nolan Jones/Zack Wheeler/Cody Bellinger). Bellinger feels too risky, Nolan Jones is intriguing, and Wheeler has been pretty consistently great, but is getting up there in age/mileage on his arm. Kirby is much younger at 25 and had the ridiculous k/bb rate and better ratios, hopefully he can increase his strikeouts a bit.

Anybody in here from our league, I renewed it last week, check the league chat for more details.