Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I recently bought this https://www.amazon.com/Ron-Shandlers-2023-Baseball-Forecaster/dp/1637271867/ and it's basically Fangraphs in book form, but I'm enjoying flipping through it.

Every year I say I'm gonna do a bunch of prep, and it never happens. Maybe this is the year I put together some position lists and post em here for discussion...

Who are some players you are targetting this year? Hunter Greene is gonna be on every one of my teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Doltos posted:

Would like to do a 20 dollar goon league we try to get one together every year and it fails, but we shall try again

I'm in.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I was bored last night, so I went ahead and set up a $20 Yahoo league with payments hosted on leaguesafe.com. My goon buddy DGladding and I will be co-commishing.
If any of you guys are interested, PM me your email or post it here and I will send you an invite to the league and send you the leaguesafe link.

We decided to make it a keeper league and this is the first year, you can keep 5 players next year as your last 5 rounds of the draft.

$20 entry on leaguesafe

Payout structure:

1st place = $150
2nd place = $50
3rd place = $25
best record = $15

I'd like to join this league plz

Just found out that I can't join Yahoo Prize leagues because the state I moved to has some bullshit anti-gambling laws, so this is perfect.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Keeper question!

6x6 league with BBs and Holds. Short benches, which makes ace SPs more valuable.

Keep 3:
Aaron Judge
Ronald Acuña
Spencer Strider
-------------------------
Clayton Kershaw
Zack Wheeler

Am I nuts for keeping Strider over two much more established pitchers? Anyone fading Acuña enough to drop him below one of those SPs?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anyone have a simple free standard yahoo league with an opening? I’m tempted to try fantasy baseball for the first time. Hopefully I’m too late and can avoid catching this sickness.

You should try a Prize League IMO. They start at $5 and it's more fun with a little money at stake because people take it seriously.

Check out ADP to see where guys are going: https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/adp/overall.php Do a mock draft before your real draft to get a feel for things. It can't hurt to make a quick and dirty ranking of the top guys at each position, so when it's time to choose between Scherzer/Strider/McClanahan, or Seager/Lindor/Bogaerts, or whatever, you already know who you want.

The Pussy Boss fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 28, 2023

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Might as well post my drafts. Since I can't play Yahoo cash leagues where I live, I ended up with 3 teams on 3 different platforms, which should be fun

#1. General BS's goon league. ESPN, 10 teams, 6x6 with BBs and Holds, keep 3

As usual, I went heavy on SPs in this league, although Verlander (old) and Shane McC (strikeouts way down in the 2nd half) weren't who I was targeting. Picked up Rendon so I'd have a 3B in case Walker didn't make the OD roster. He's my first drop, although he had a good spring. I might've overpayed for Tommy Edman. He'd better steal plenty of bags to justify his ADP. This team is OK, but I don't love it

#2. House MD's keeper startup. Yahoo, 12 teamer, heavy on the ratios (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP, SLG, and K, QS, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9, S+H)

I got Judge at 1.1 and Scherzer/Alcantara at the 2/3 turn. This league emphasizes ratios over counting stats, so my strategy was to draft aces early and fill in with hitters who might not rack up the SBs and Runs, but will have a good triple slash; guys like Belt, Yandy, Correa, McNeil, etc. Closers went super late with saves+holds being just one of 14 categories. Really happy with this team.

And I just finished a 5x5 Roto at Fantrax. First time using that site and I like it. With 12 teams and 30-man rosters, the draft took 2 hours. Their standard leagues have no IL slots, but huge benches. Snagged a bunch of guys who I missed on in my other leagues, like Casas, Springs, and Corbin Carroll.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Fried and Verlander go down on Opening Day? :tizzy:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/MLBPipeline/status/1651448082335416320

If this guy can hit enough to stay in the lineup then we could be talking 40+ bags here

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

who, if anyone, is the Yankees' closer?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Manoah just isn't the same guy anymore. Hard to believe but it might be time to drop.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Dustin May and Drew Rasmussen might be back this year if they avoid surgery? A's rookie Mason Miller is throwing again. Some of them are probably stashed already.

Buehler (TJS last year) might be back in September?

Daniel Hudson could be in the mix for saves in LA in a month or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Marlins beat writer thinks Eury Perez may be back next week. Could be in a bullpen role though.

quote:

Eury Perez is on track to return to the Marlins at some point next week. Marlins GM Kim Ng told reporters she was monitoring his progress, but from what we hear, that progress is leading to a quick return to the big leagues. It seems possible Perez will pitch against the New York Yankees next weekend at loanDepot park.

from here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article277008218.html