Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I liked Donnie Darko because I saw it as a teenager and I liked weird teen movies about weirdos doing whatever, the same way I liked something like Mallrats or Repoman. And then Donnie lets himself get smushed by a jet engine and they play that loving Gary Jule version of Madworld and apparently there was supposed to be pathos there.

It's better than S. Darko OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'm pretty sure I got a dvd of it with the Sunday papers here too. It's an incredibly strong memory that couldn't possibly have been right?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It sure got me to listen to a lot of music my mom and dad thought was great in their twenties (because it was)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Padical posted:

I watched these two films repeatedly when I was in my late teens and early twenties when my friends would come over. I wanted to revisit them so I ruined a movie night with friends who hadn't seen either by watching them back to back. I think the films are still great, but I don't think my friends appreciated them as much.

Oof that is a rough movie night