Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Is d2gunsmith even getting updated anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Forward_Bee posted:

Deliverance (craftable stasis fusion rifle from Vow of the Disciple Raid) can also rock compulsive reloader/chill clip, so you get those zippy reloads for the first 4 shots.

Riptide is another stasis fusion that can roll CR/CC and you can focus Shaxxagrams for it right now if you can’t/don’t want to raid.

It’s not farmable at all (world drop), but keep an eye out for a Reconstruction/Chill Clip Aurvandil. You can get up to nine chill clip shots in there, it’s loving stupid. Only downside is it’s a high impact so the charge time is almost a full second.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/haykebyr/status/1624101675161071631?s=46&t=IXBxlMvorjCpCgNd0LND_g

(also buy Xur’s Hollow Words, UP/Vorpal is a great roll on fusions)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Forward_Bee posted:

What's the charge time on that sucker? Mostly an academic questions, since I doubt it would ever be able to replace my Ad.Junkie/UP Plug.One (it's even adept!)

776, 7 in the mag

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
lol, new gambit maps. kids have the wildest imaginations

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/haykebyr/status/1558914529291116545?s=46&t=7UHQ2f6gaC-qB1N9bNuhig

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Meiteron posted:

I mean I didn't expect anything at all about this but the sheer detail of everything else and not even mentioning Gambit is pretty funny.

They even dropped that "making Shaxx and Zavala proud" and never mentioned ole Drifter. They're done with it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Oxyclean posted:

I feel like this is so much less believable then any alternative explanation seeing as we've seen them fix dupe bugs in other places. Don't multiple raids already have held objects that don't seem to suffer dupe problems?

Ball dunk-and-dupe has been patched, Ball throw-and-dupe has not.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

CottonWolf posted:

As a weirdo who’s favourite mode has always been Gambit, I hope you’re right.

Gambit got a bunch of tweaks over the past year; I just went back and skimmed the relevant TWAB(s) and there's no mention of plans for anything after.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
ok i take that back about "nothing about long term plans after the S16/17 adjustments," have a Joe tweet from... 2021

https://twitter.com/joegoroth/status/1422983330375426048?s=20&t=mJZbch8jEDfGcHq3bQt5mg

:/

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I miss bottom tree dawnblade, I was just getting into it :sigh:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
It’s Bunker E15 day if you, like me, were waiting for it to not be a moon one for engram hoarding purposes

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/dillardslk/status/1625887562328842240?s=46&t=7Jfz_zm8UnWanL4ivaBlmQ

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1626238015755669504?s=46&t=okIAaCDhbbLGMSak96-l-A

this article’s longer than I thought, I’m still getting through it… Neomuna is a big rear end empty zone with only one LZ

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Feb 16, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Destiny 2 Lightfall - I swear it’s good despite me sounding like I loving hate it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

death cob for cutie posted:

Also, the Haunted weapons - do those only drop from Sever runs? It feels like I haven't gotten them from Nightmare Containment. Alternatively, maybe the question is, will Sever runs not drop Opulent weapons? I have all the Opulent patterns acquired, so if there's a way to avoid getting those, that helps me out quite a bit.

Haunted guns can drop from nightmarecons or severs, but opulent guns only come from the key chests iirc

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Can’t you just pick the engram with the warmind symbol on it to get a random ikelos gun whether you’ve previously unlocked them or not? It just costs stems so you don’t want to do that before you’ve found all the music boxes.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Important news!!

https://twitter.com/audioblondio/status/1626708849859391488?s=46&t=JT4HFN34-FJK1US7PapyZA

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

acumen posted:

I think you can only buy the current season (Seraph). The other two you need WQ Deluxe I believe?

actually on that note I'm 41 right now and have $10 burning a hole in my steam wallet. Should be possible to get to 100 before Lightfall right?

Sure, but it’s gonna take a lot of bounties.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Yeah between unstoppable GL and every activity having waves of trash adds, this season has made me finally love waveframes. Hopefully we get a craftable void one next season.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Spoilered for…. not quite :nws: but I sure wouldn’t want to explain it to anyone

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1628093838345502721?s=46&t=fyxa5OsGZ93KZ0t4Eeuo7Q

You know how I’ve been saying Amanda’s gonna die since S13…?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Kith posted:

videogames are good sometimes

its unfortunately not exactly what i want (i lust for the gentle touch of autoloading holster instead of clown cartridge) but it's pretty drat solid in the meantime

:grin:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

sunday at work posted:

This is another thing they don't ever seem to get. Players are going to optimize damage in the best way they can and only that way because you built your Fantasy MMORPG inside and arena shooter engine so every class is glass-cannon ranged DPS and the only thing they have to do is the most damage. No one cares about rotators or class flavor during the boss fight. Just let me use the stuff I think is fun FFS.

If you want variety in player choices you need to offer variety in player actions, not just different damage vaules.

Remember how there were a couple seasons during Beyond Light where close-ranged DPS like swords and shotguns also worked well, and they hated it so much they increased stomp damage or some poo poo, so everyone switched to linears only, and now they hate that?

Remember how rockets worked well against Daughters, and they hosed with it so only linears work, and now they're nerfing linears?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Black Griffon posted:

Everyone's just talking about theoreticals here though, right? No one actually knows how any of this is gonna turn out?

yeah we just need to complain about something in order to post at all since there's nothing happening in the game

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

MarcusSA posted:

Ok maybe I misunderstood the pop up that said I could get an artifact from previous seasons to collect rewards from those seasons.

Yeah those let you collect seasonal currencies and buy stuff from the seasonal vendors, it's got nothing to do with the season pass. That's still a you-had-to-be-there thing except ada will sell old season pass shaders starting i think next week

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Oh god dammit I could have sworn I saw one of the Worthy pass shaders in the list

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
:siren: Witch Queen is free until the 26th :siren:

https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1628824528133451777?s=46&t=qiZXIwNRUllPFl8Kqzwh_g

ETA: Looks like this means you only have access to the campaign/missions for the three days, but you do keep any exotics/gear you get.

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Feb 23, 2023

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Paracelsus posted:

"All 14 exotics"

Good luck getting the exotic glaive patterns and/or Collective Obligation to drop in 3 days!

Definitely worth getting Osteo Striga and possibly Parasite, though.

Plus the armor pieces that you can farm from lost sectors!

Anyway, good news and bad for PvP

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/destinythegame/status/1628865634040745988?s=46&t=3fbMi8LS29u2KfhrpbFCEQ

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Pirate Jet posted:

New leak says about Amanda she "dies" in the Lightfall intro cutscene but it's a fakeout and that shot of her firing a shotgun and then emerging from the dark is her "omg she's alive!" moment

man if they not only put chekov's rifle on the wall but have spent the last year and a half repeatedly taking it down to clean it while waggling their eyebrows at us and going "ehhh??? eeehhh????" just for it to be a fake out i'm gonna have, like, a little spout of cartoon steam coming out of my ears. i will turn red and stomp a bit.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But, I've never seen any mosquitos in Destiny?!

exactly!!

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Of note:

https://twitter.com/ritzzcar/status/1628825422581362689?s=46&t=f-uo6hX72IqkSXnolxD4kw

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Roctavian posted:

If Amanda dies and comes back as a guardian, is there any kind of legal or HR process to make sure that Crow doesn't try to date her?

… why would there need to be?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Roctavian posted:

If you try to date someone and it goes badly, and they lose their memories for whatever reason, it would be predatory to immediately go for it again.

Guardian-Person is literally not the same person as Previous-Human-Person, we had a whole plot line about this in Haunted involving Crow not being Uldren, which is why it would be extra funny for him to date Guardian-Not-Amanda

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lib and let die posted:

Do we know for certain that guardians gently caress?

Yes but they’re sterile

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
also he asked her out for drinks after a battleground in S13. If Vanguard HR hasn’t heard about it by now, it’s not a problem

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I think the whole Savathun thing confirmed ghosts have some degree of free will so Glint would be the one to ask, since he did know who Uldren was

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Risen Who Know Their Past Lives But Are A New Dude
- Crow
- Savin
- Cayde-6

Risen Who Know Their Past Lives And Are The Same Dude
- Ana Bray
- Amanda
- Shinobu
- Orin
- Savathun

https://twitter.com/reactjpg/status/1531549452061724672?s=20

Don’t forget dear old Banshee-44 aka Clovis-43+1, he forgets enough for all of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are there any clear winners I should spend my Forsaken ciphers on?

Le Monarque and Jötunn