Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

I still want a raid CP where instead of a bossfight we have to fight 6 souped-up hive guardians, who put down a rally banner on the opposite side of the map when you do
This sounds like a pretty fun take on a Horde Mode PvE activity, to be honest. I´m all for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

victrix posted:

I'm still fairly surprised we haven't seen a Dares of Eternity type activity where there's two groups of Guardians 'competing' with each other in two parallel PvE arenas, where stuff they do on one side affects the other.

... wait that's just Gambit with the serial numbers filed off isn't it.
Frankly, I kind of wish that Bungie would rework Gambit into something other than what it currently is now. It´s pretty obvious that the Gambit as it exists in it´s current incarnation doesn´t exactly engage the player community.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, the Taken Phalanxes have pretty much taken the number one Kill ASAP spot that was reserved for Taken Captains in Destiny 1.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Maybe a stupid question but if I were to reinstall Destiny 2 on my PS5 and connect my account to Bungie, same as my Steam account where I have all my bought Destiny expansions, I will still have to repurchase everything again for the PS5, right?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

yes.

you will be able to use gear though- ie. you get an exotic from paid content on pc, you can use it on console

but if you want to access the activities, you need to rebuy.

I forget how stasis works.
Stasis is A-OK, from what I´ve seen this far. I take it that it would be too easy that everything would be included if I straight up buy Lightfall?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Uh what, they’re sisters

Also, Ana’s dating some scientist in the Last City named Camrin. There’s a bunch of lore entries about it, and this season had a post-Heist voice exchange about Elsie wanting to meet her
Bungie even has a comic about them on the webpage, IIRC.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Not gonna lie, I was low key hoping that Bungie would unveil all the vaulted planets after the fight in the raid with the planetarium

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I´m basically running with two secondaries when I play in any Lightfall related content nowadays since primaries feel like they hit like a wet noodle.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

I do not believe we should be making content that only people who play Destiny for a living will ever be able to do because it goes away before most players can accumulate the skill and the gear needed to do it, which is why my suggested solution is to either make contest mode more difficult but permanent, or just make Master mode into contest mode.
Hard agree to this statement.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Yeah, love to have the famous gunplay feel like poo poo because it doesn’t make sense to ever use a primary lol

Expansion so bad it killed a guy
You are a loving idiot.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Kith posted:

bro amanda is wearing insulated mechanic gloves, why the gently caress are they writing her as scared of electricity
She knew that the sparks could light off one of her nervous farts.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 21, 2023

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Maybe in their next game Bungie can branch out and add in some MMO-like staples. Like:

Fishing minigames
Pointlessly decorating your player apartment that nobody ever visits but you
An actual barber
I´d legit love it if Bungie were to give us a goddamn barber and a private space where all our trophies hang on display, similar to the one we had on the Leviathan in one of the earlier seasons.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Roctavian posted:

It just seems like an extra step before “another red border gun drops” with a functional outcome that is identical to “another red border drops” except it cost development time & energy.
Bungie: "This is the way"

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

arsenicCatnip posted:

Iron Banner tonite. If you get your rear end kicked by an actium war rig sweet business titan, it's me
I see that you are a man of culture who have embraced the Dakka.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
I still consider the fact that Bungie shunting off a majority of the worldbuilding into ingame lore books to be one of the bigger wastes of the setting.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I feel that Bungie are a bit too triggerhappy with killing off characters but I guess they want to clear the cast roster before whatever the hell they are planning for after the Final Shape.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Kith posted:

I'm gonna be honest with y'all, I'm just about out of steam on Destiny in general. About the only thing I've got in mind about it anymore is seeing what their plans are for the Mask of the Quiet One in the upcoming TWID. If it's not getting something that tickles my fancy, I'm probably just going to stop playing. This season has basically been a love letter to me because Sloane and Drifter are by far my favorite characters, and I've just... checked out completely. Haven't even cared to knock out Dredgen⁸ or whatever I'm up to now.
Yeah, this is pretty much my feeling as well, which is a shame but the last year I feel that Bungie themselves have kind of checked out on Destiny.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Man, the Destiny background setting is just wasted by Bungie, it´s such a drat shame since so much of it is far cooler and/or interesting than what they tend to focus on.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

There's plenty of badass moments not in game though
Destiny.txt

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Goddamnit Bungie, couldn´t you at least have included one autorifle in the Brave arsenal?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Mean Baby posted:

I'm thinking of getting back into this game just to beat the main campaigns. I started witch queen but I am lost with how to just follow the campaign. Is there a guide or recommendation on what to play to get the story. I am a Day 1 D1 player.
One of the things I´ll never be able to understand is how badly that Bungie has made the entire newbie Destiny experience by removing entire campaigns and the plot leading up to where we are now. I still wish that they would have invested into a linear campaign that incorporated the more important missions from at least the Red War campaign.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Honestly, Bungie should have just made the old expansions free, considering how close the Final Shape is.

Sylphosaurus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

EVGA Longoria posted:

Yeah Bungie said they still make a not insubstantial amount of money off the old games at some point recently, so I'm not expecting anything to change on that front. Makes no sense as a consumer, but oh well.
You´d think that if the expansions are still making money for Bungie they´d invest some extra effort into improve the first timer gamers experience but apparently the current situation is considered good enough.