Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

my favorite patterns from the past seasons have been

• Risen: Piece of Mind (Kinetic Rapid Fire Pulse Rifle)
  • Risen: Explosive Personality (Solar Wave Grenade Launcher)
  • Risen: Under Your Skin (Void Precision Bow)
  • Haunted: Hollow Denial (Void Trace Rifle)
  • Haunted: Drang (Baroque) (Solar Adaptive Sidearm)
  • Haunted: CALUS Mini-Tool (Solar Lightweight SMG)
  • Plunder: Brigand's Law (Arc Rapid Fire Sidearm)
  • Seraph: Disparity (Stasis Aggressive Pulse Rifle)
  • Seraph: Path of Least Resistance (Arc Trace Rifle)
  • Seraph: Fire and Forget (Stasis Aggressive Linear Fusion)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.3 (Arc Aggressive SMG)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SG_V1.0.3 (Solar Rapid Fire Shotgun)
Good list. If you play warlock I'd toss Bump in the Night from Haunted - it's an Stasis RL you can put chill clip and demolitionist on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's hard for lightfall hype to match witch queen hype because the 5.9 month season directly before it was funneling the storyline right into Savathun, who is also a character we'd been aware of and connected to for years and years, and the concept of "go into the throne world to topple the hive God" is something cool and good. 1 down, 2 to go, let's knock this butterfly bitch down a peg and then move on to xivu arath!!

Compare that to "a city you've never heard of is harboring an artifact you've never heard of and needs to be rescued from the least popular enemy faction in the franchise"

Neomuna feels like a way more exciting/interesting destination then the Throneworld. The fact that there's been a bunch of build up to it being tied to some golden age stuff is neat to me.

Granted the destinations feel like they end up barely being anything in the long run, so who knows how much that matters.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Panderfringe posted:

Really? Neomuna will probably be cool as gently caress, all Bungie's environments are, but the Throne World in Destiny 2 was really cool and alien. That's why it was so disappointing to have very little to do with the year overall. Plus...

The Canals and some of the mission/strike areas of Throne World were cool - like all the areas with "structures" - but the other 2/3rds of the patrol space were kind of your typical bland dirt and cliff sorts of areas. Similarly, the Darkness city areas of the raid and its surrounding was cool too. But I do agree it was disappointingly underused.

An urban environment is not something we've really got in a patrol space before - there was some urban areas in the red war campaign, but that feels like sort of it. EDZ is kind of just bombed out ruins and dirt and cliff areas.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm pretty sure they've said numerous times that Final Shape is not the end, just the end of the big "light and dark" story, so whatever seasons/content that follows will be a mixture of the fallout of the main conflict/dealing with aftermath, and segueing in to the next story arc/threat. I'm assuming the Vex presence on Neomuna will help to start building up a secondary conflict that won't resolve with Final Shape.

That said, there's going to be a whole bunch of people that will be very upset when we punch the Witness to death in the campaign rather then the raid.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, there's plenty of people in overchill who are pretty happy to teach dungeons. Duality actually works surprisingly well with 2 people who know what they're doing and a third.

I do feel like Duality and Spire feel like a step up in terms of difficulty of previous dungeons - Duality has a lot of time pressure that makes it a little less chill, and Spire has some beefy bosses and high add counts that make encounters 2 and 3 feel almost relentless at times.

As for raids, the "im the weak link" feeling goes away once you got a clear or two under your belt. "I dont want to do the important role in case I gently caress it up" becomes "I'll do the important role because it's more fun then add clear" (or "someone else might mess it up")

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What would be "perfect" balanced stats work out to? +10 base, +2 MW +3 Artifice Bonus in LF x4 slots, = 60, 65 w/ mw artifice class item?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Crafting is stupid as hell, they never should have added adept perks, and being able to only have one set of perks and barrels/mags on a crafted gun is insanely bad

Crafting owns and I'd be happy even if there was no enhanced perks. I hate having to evaluate RNG guns. "Oops turns out you sharded the god roll a week ago"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Crafted guns own I will continue only using crafted guns. Farming for gun rolls? They’re playing you for fools.

can't wait for RNG to give me my Aerial Buttscoot/Twill Clip Strand Fusion rifle only for them to nerf Aerial Buttscoot in the next season so I have to farm up a Slide Frenzy/Tanglestone one instead.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Someone reminded me of Pleasure Gardens encounter the other day and I'm much less excited for the idea of Leviathan returning.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also they sadly dropped the 'D1' descriptor from their Reprised Raid discussions. They must not want people to be bummed that it's Crota, this far in advance
Why would that mean it's Crota. Crota is a D1 raid.

Mill Village posted:

Just add the lovely maps back to Gambit if they’re not going to make new ones.
Gambit is much better without the tangled shore map tbh.

Oh god wait, I think the gambit brain poisoning has taken root because I'm realizing that past the jokes, I actually might not mind seeing it again.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 13, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Okay - I see what you mean, by being more vague they're trying to obfuscate.

I'm still not convinced they haven't found a way to manage WotM and give enough headway of knowing they can't, I'd hope they know not to waste time on Crota if it was going to land with a negative reception.

That said, they did make a point to talk about how they'd handle a raid with less then 6 weapons in a blog earlier this year.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The leaker with a good track record said that Bungie has tried to bring back WotM multiple times but the held-object duping bug ruins the raid and that bug is so deep-seeded it's not worth the investment to fix, to them.

I feel like this is so much less believable then any alternative explanation seeing as we've seen them fix dupe bugs in other places. Don't multiple raids already have held objects that don't seem to suffer dupe problems?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

510rems posted:

"fewer total weapons will be craftable" is probably my biggest nightmare scenario except for something truly and completely deranged like mandatory pvp.

i think having more weapons exclusive to random drops and the ability to get enhanced perks for them is really good, but gutting the crafting system to do it just feels bad to me.

I don't really think they're gutting the crafting system. "fewer of our total weapons will be craftable and more of our weapons with long term sources will get value from random perk rolls. " Feels to me like seasonal guns will remain craftable, as they probably qualify as guns that do not have "long term sources."

It might be a tossup what this means for the LF Raid weapons, but I also don't think they would have revamped DSC with craftable guns with the implication that it's a treatment other raids would get, if the plan was to move away from craftable raid guns.

I think it mostly just means we won't be seeing random new patterns like Taipan. Probably won't see something like the Opulent Dungeon guns craftable again. (As suggested by spire not having the craftable 7th Seraph) The expansion destination + activity guns probably won't be craftable either.

"Fewer total guns craftable" also makes it might just sound like a relative thing. Similar amount of craftable guns, but less % of total because there's more guns each season from ritual.

e: Like I think this maybe goes hand in hand with the focusing revamps for ritual vendors: They want to put more importance/value in going to Shaxx and focusing a bunch of engrams to get a gun you want.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

gently caress, they're going to sell those bonus keys in eververse aren't they?

they aren't selling seraph codes in the eververse right now so I can't really fathom why you think this is something they'd do

e: that said Im not really surprised any destiny 2 fan has some level of "whats the catch"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thinking about the comments about feeling like enemies aren't hitting hard enough, thus a nerf to resilience, but also how they're happy with the difficulty of the matchmaking heist battlegrounds. Now I'm thinking about the pubby who could not stay alive while we were trying to teach them Warpriest. Or just how Heists tend to feel like a slog if I go in on anything but my best builds.

That said, I'm hoping the revamps to the modding system and artifact lead to overall better pubs, and the changes to the artifact paired with adding champion counters to subclass verbs should hopefully make it much easier to not have to go with a gimpy build in order to get champion coverage.

I still think that increasing the costs of resilience mods as part of the "players are too tanky" stuff makes no sense. All that does is make it so you should get resilience rolled on your armor and make up the difference for other stats with mods. I don't really understand why all stats aren't treated equal for costs if they're equal for the way they roll on armor?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Resilience has become a very powerful stat so making it cost more makes sense.

Does it though? All this seems to do is make armor rolls more lopsided - stuff with high expensive stats is more valuable and stuff with high cheap stats will have low value.

Like I'm sure glad chasing armor stat rolls will be even more annoying in LF.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

1350 legendary no matchmaking.

gently caress me...

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Legendary modifier? Or Legend Difficulty? Huge difference, no joke
It's the same setup as Seraph Station and WQ missions.

Really did not seem particularly hard. Just play careful.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm also going to keep making the point: If stats are of equal value in terms of how they're valued/rolled on armor, then why should the stat mods cost differently?

Like, I don't expect them to make the stats perfectly equal in value/balance to the player, but it feels like the design of armor stats would almost suggest that they should all be roughly equal in value, and the existence of stat mods feels like they're more there to shore up gaps in what your armor rolled. I really don't understand what making resil or recovery cost more does expect make it so you slap on a resil or recov armorer mod and make sure you have as much of those stats from your armor as you can.

Maxing out resil is less "well I'll have to give up other mods because of mod costs" and more "well I need some armor that rolled resilience." It's dumb. Make the stat mods cost the same. Or hell, make them cost nothing and balance the system around what you're putting in the other slots.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I thought Hunters Trace unlocks were tied to the same quests as the catalysts.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

fast cars loose anus posted:

Me, thinking of a new class to explore in two weeks:

I enjoyed the last mission. Are the catalyst quests for that exotic disappearing with Lightfall, I've been too lazy to do legend Seraph Shield yet

Yes. Seraph Shield is going away Season 22. (LF is 20) Unclear if you'll be able to earn the exotic and catalysts through the mission when it returns for the exotic mission rotator, or if you'll have a way to earn them while the mission is gone.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm glad the blog post seemed to confirm crafted raid weapons aren't going anywhere.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

... what? What does this mean?
Doing full runs rather then just doing Atraks Thunder crash groups and maybe Taniks clears I guess?

arsenicCatnip posted:

They'd be absolute fools to get rid of it with how much it's driven up the playerbase for the raids they'd added crafting to, for better or for worse (god I wish people would actually learn DSC instead of just trying to farm it like brainlets)
Idk I think they're absolute fools to say "less total guns will be craftable" given I've chased patterns harder then I've chased most any god roll.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kith posted:

lots of interesting details, probably my favorite is that holster mods are being moved to elements rather than weapon families
This is something they highlighted in the buildcraft preview. On one hand I sort of wish I could just have "heavy ammo finder" or something, but this might lead to more powerful builds since you can synergize your heavy and special weapons.

Though, I kind of feel like it will further increase my annoyance at the lack of certain stasis special weapons (Glaive, Waveframe BGL)

e: Oh wait, there is "special ammo scout" I guess it's not solar ammo finder then?
e2: What's the very first holster icon before all the element ones? Looks like a yin-yang, guessing it might be "balanced" - lower energy cost, lower effect, applies to all?

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 16, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Oh that might make more sense. Harmonic already has the "lower cost" factor.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I mean, how often do you need to put armor back into the vault? With the new system you're probably not going to be carrying multiple armor sets besides the extra exotics and pieces so you can swap exotics around. Loadout will still handle all the mod swapping and do it faster then DIM could, in activity too.

Granted, you'll probably still be using DIM for gun management because there's no way the loadout system is going to ever make that not a nightmare.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm hoping you can exclude weapons from loadout, but yeah, it's going to be a headache if the game is always having/trying to pull guns from your vault.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

quote:

We’re also seeing some conversations around crafting, and we wanted to confirm that for Lightfall’s release, the number of crafted weapons will be similar to what was released in The Witch Queen.

What you can craft in Season 20:

Seasonal weapons.
Neomuna weapons.
Base raid weapons
Plus, a handful of other weapons that don't have direct comparisons to TWQ sources.
In Season 21 going forward, the following will be craftable:

Seasonal weapons.
Raid reprise weapons.

I have no idea what the "less total weapons will be crafted" thing was about then.

But now I've already gone and consider "does raid reprise weapons" mean will the next new raid not have craftable weapons? (but I assume they just mean for season 21 to 23)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah that makes me think they really botched their phrasing for Less Total Weapons Will Be Crafted. They're just saying not to expect Ammit, Taipan, Fixed Odds & Epicurean next year?

I think Raid Reprisal Weapons means that in Season 22 when we get Crota/Leviathan or whatever, those guns will be craftable.

I can't remember if it's Season 20 or Season 21 that we get Vault of Glass(?) weapons as Craftables, but Season 21 will also be a New Dungeon
Yeah, I figured reprised raid means the mid-year returning raid. Just was reading too deep on specifying "reprised raid" rather then "raid weapons"

I guess it does seem to be a very clear confirmation that dungeon weapons will not be craftable. I sort of forgot about the raid-refreshes - I dont think they confirmed anything about the pacing of them, we're just all assuming they'll be in 21 and 23 to be in the dungeon/non-raid seasons.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They've got their work cut out for 'em! Fans will screech bloody murder if they have to r-r-r-RAID :qq: to finally kill the Witness but it'll be equally stupid if the final raid boss of this game is Random Dude #69 that we only learn about post-mortem when we read the raid gear lore tabs
Counterpoint: Rhulk was a cool as hell boss, and it'd be just as funny for other half of reddit to get super mad the casuals can punch the witness to death in the campaign.

Alternatively, you could have a campaign defeat, and then like "oh no his echo is going to do untold damage if noone stops it" and so you get to basically fight the Witness twice with two totally different encounters. Then there can be a post raid mission with the aftermath or something.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 16, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

DancingShade posted:

I hope the witness is wearing pants under that robe skirt thing because it was certainly billowing a lot in flight.

Important to dress respectability while doing your space genocides.

Look at this coward that doesn't want to see the Witness' junk

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think you're interpreting 'the end of Destiny 2' with 'the franchise being taken out back and shot'

The franchise can continue without Destiny 2 continuing. It's fairly clear that TFS marks the end of active content development for the Destiny 2 title. Wherever Bungie takes the franchise after TFS, we're certainly not taking our characters & our vaults with us!

And to your point, it's a $3.6B company, not a $3.6B video game title. Sony didn't throw down a bag to own a 5-year old, last-gen, multi-platform video game title. It's up for debate what of value they actually purchased, but one thing that's not up for debate is what areas of Bungie are expanding (Destiny 'Universe', Bungie Unannounced Projects 1 & 2) and what areas of Bungie are contracting (Destiny 2 development). None of this is 'bad' and none of this means Destiny is dead, just that they're moving on to new things! Which is good. As a fan, I'm excited to see them liberated from the Destiny 2 design constraints and take this world somewhere new

I simply don't agree that "its fairly clear TFS marks the end of active content development" given how many times they've said "TFS is the end of the light and dark saga" and have either said, or more-or-less said, things will come after.

They just haven't gone and announced the next 3 expansions. I really doubt they're putting a ton of effort into revamping a whole bunch of core system if the plan is to halt all major content development a year from now. Why would they bother being like "oh hey we're going to try doing seasons better/different" rather then just poo poo out 4 more seasons that follow this past year's format?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Last Wish Crafting/Origin traits would almost certainly come with hefty perk refreshes to make them a little more exciting for the current sandbox.

That said you have:
Lightweight Pulse
Rapid Sniper
High Impact Scout
Void High Impact AR
Arc Adaptive HC
Arc Adaptive Fusion
Solar Lightweight Bow
Solar Adaptive RL

Nothing stands out to me as a "Oh I really want a good one of those" - but maybe the new Void Perk on the AR? Don't think there's any fusions with volt shot yet. I'm not really creative/knowledgable enough to be aware of any other obvious perk options that would make these guns exciting.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

El Cid posted:

I am a sucker and bought the Witch Queen deluxe edition since it was on sale for 20 bucks on steam (figured since I didn't have the dungeon pass it probably wasn't too huge a waste of money since I want those cowboy hats someday). With the 1 a day red borders things going I'm going to try to get a couple of craftables from season of the Risen and Haunted. Any stand-outs if I were to get say, 1 from each of those seasons?
Kith had some good recommends earlier. Explosive Personality, Calus Mini-Tool Ikelos SMG are all my votes for "1 from each."

Kith posted:

my favorite patterns from the past seasons have been

• Risen: Piece of Mind (Kinetic Rapid Fire Pulse Rifle)
  • Risen: Explosive Personality (Solar Wave Grenade Launcher)
  • Risen: Under Your Skin (Void Precision Bow)
  • Haunted: Hollow Denial (Void Trace Rifle)
  • Haunted: Drang (Baroque) (Solar Adaptive Sidearm)
  • Haunted: CALUS Mini-Tool (Solar Lightweight SMG)
  • Plunder: Brigand's Law (Arc Rapid Fire Sidearm)
  • Seraph: Disparity (Stasis Aggressive Pulse Rifle)
  • Seraph: Path of Least Resistance (Arc Trace Rifle)
  • Seraph: Fire and Forget (Stasis Aggressive Linear Fusion)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.3 (Arc Aggressive SMG)
  • Seraph: IKELOS_SG_V1.0.3 (Solar Rapid Fire Shotgun)

e: For the fun of it, my weapons over level 50:
Ammit AR2: 101
Calus Minitool: 118
Explosive Personality: 69 (nice)
Ikelos SMG: 58
Taipan: 66
Piece of Mind: 57

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 16, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

Sorta looks like a red border in the third image

That's the Lightfall LMG.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

victrix posted:

what the gently caress

I just think it's neat.

But I had it on as my primary for a lot of raiding so it just ended up gaining a ton of levels passively. I think last season was anti-barrier AR too?

Objectively it's probably not as good as Calus, but it fills a similar niche but has better range.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I just used a DIM filter. Neat to see there's an actual tracker.

You'd be surprised how quickly you stack up levels just using a weapon naturally. I did a ton of raiding and dungeon in Plunder, and Ammit was pretty much always on my solar lock.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nono, you argue about 0.5% secret weapon stats to tithe your brain worms.

In return, you get the smug satisfaction that you're better then the blueberries.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

As much as I bitch about champions, I think they do sort of achieve a fairly "effective" roll of forcing people to think about their loadouts, and causing players to maybe try different weapons then usual with seasonal shifting mod counters. (But they also create the opposite problem of making loadouts feel overly restrictive at times, or preventing you from using favorites or new toys.)

My least favorite thing was how often I'd be okay running 2 champion counters, only for the activity I was going to do to have the "wrong" champion type. (IE: I had a loadout that I liked for Overload/AB, but the activity was AB/Unstop)

Hive Guardians really do not accomplish that, as much as they should be used more.

Junkenstein posted:

Is there lore on what makes makes a champion a champion? How did the Hive and Cabal work out Barrier technology and why can't they give it to all their dudes?
I'm pretty sure its whatever lore there is on enemies having energy shields (solar/arc/void) in that I'm pretty sure it's just a game construct.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Not really / not entirely. Not sure how long you've been away though so I don't know what version of FOMO you're thinking of.

In some ways they've eased off a few things - guns and armor no longer will be sunset, but seasonal activities still go away when the next expansion drops. Expansions campaigns and destinations will no longer be sunset too, IIRC, and they are implementing an "exotic mission rotator" which makes it sound like they intent to no longer sunset exotic missions. That will be added in season 22 which will be around fallish? When that shows up it will come with the 2 exotic missions from this year (Seraph Shield and Vox Obscura) and Presage from the previous year. Presumably we'll eventually see stuff like Zero Hour and Whisper of the Worm added to it. Weapon crafting is both a positive and negative for FOMO - seasonal guns will allow you to acquire patterns to craft them - unlock the full pattern and you basically no longer need to worry about the gun going away/rotated out, but in turn, it does encourage getting them while they're around.

I don't find it all too bad because most of the important stuff gives you plenty of time to get it - it's not really a "sign in and make sure you get your login bonus" kind of FOMO, but seasonal ranks and challenges might create a bit "aw gently caress i've barely played this season" feeling.

e: Like, with them doubling down on dungeons (we get one every other season, granted you gotta buy the deluxe edition or pay like 10$ for each dungeon), doing the reprised raid at the yearly midway point, and the announcement of the exotic mission rotator, I'm feeling pretty positive with what feels like a commitment to more "evergreen?" interesting content.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 18, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Old expansions (Forsaken, Curse of Osiris, Warmind) aren't going to be re-added, but the currently available expansions, Shadowkeep, Beyond Light and Witch Queen are not planned to be sunset like the others were.

Seasons are separate - buying the newest won't get you the previous. Now is probably not a good time to buy any seasons* - we are a week away from the next expansion, Lightfall when all of the current seasonal content you see in the helm is going to be vaulted.

* With maybe the exception being if you buy the Witch Queen Deluxe Edition - it comes with the WQ Expansion (can be purchased standalone, not going anywhere) The 2 WQ Dungeons (Can also be purchased as a pair separately, also not going anywhere) and the 4 WQ Seasons, which all can be bought standalone, but absolutely should not at this point. Assuming it's still on sale, price wise I think it still works out in your favor even if you're getting no value from the seasons. (Actually, I'm seeing its 25$ Canadian right now, I think the dungeon pass alone is 20$?)

(Totally forgot they usually only let you buy the active season ala carte)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Yeah between unstoppable GL and every activity having waves of trash adds, this season has made me finally love waveframes. Hopefully we get a craftable void one next season.

I desperately want a waveframe that goes in slot 1.

Apparently the monkey's paw curled twice over since Lightfall is giving is a heavy stasis waveframe GL and then the exotic heavy stasis glaive. Bungie please, I beg you, we need more options for special weapons in the first slot. My loadout is dying.

Collateral Damage posted:

The biggest problem with Taken Phalanxes is their knockback attack has immense range. You think you're safe because you're far away but nope, you just get knocked right off the map by a phalanx on the other side of the room.
and it feels like cover will do very little to protect you too - I'll try to quickly get behind something, but it's "nope, you're still getting booped."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Icarus Dash does indeed help you against boops. Not always, but I definitely feel like it's helped. A big reason I love solarlock.