Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The corrupted is the next NF in rotation right? Goddamn I hate that one.

I was on a team that one-shorted Sedia somehow in the first phase. Maybe a Cuirass of the Falling Star ult? I know I could do that on the one at the Cabal Drill site, but I don’t remember if that was nightfall or normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Get a pal to run strand titan and spam Calus with the shackle grenade. With the Strand boost you can get them back by the time his stun wears off and just do it over and over.

I helped a buddy this way and didn’t realize we did it on legendary. It was MUCH harder before that.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
There is a path and I absolutely take it every time rather than fall to my death when the grapple whips me too far from the ship and loses binding.

Edit: ^^^^lol

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Kith posted:

seeing this is wild to me because i remember a very long period of time when arc titan was considered to be the worst class in the game by a fair margin

I never got into pvp but as far as pve content goes arc titan was unplayable garbage until the 3.0 rework. I was very confused to see people using it before season of plunder.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I’m going to do my first play of Last Wish with a buddy this weekend. We just joined a clan that has raid tour guides or what have you, so I am not that worried, but I’m trying to make sure I can optimize best for the gameplay. I’m going to watch a walkthrough, but in the meantime, any recommendations on loadout or builds for a titan?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Assuming you aren't doing Riven legit that's the only sketchy dps check and even then it's still nothing anymore.

I kinda thought so but appreciate the confirmation. I suspect we’ll be cheesin it but who knows!

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

GigaPeon posted:

Destiny 2 is my favorite game I'd never recommend to anyone.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
That’s a destiny Lore thing that always drives me a bit nuts but I have trouble explaining exactly why.

When Lightfall launched, it was mission after mission talking about “THE VEIL” but no real idea of what it was other than “VERY IMPORTANT”. I suppose they’re going for a bit of mystery but it felt like a mcguffin or something.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

marhom posted:

Yeah, and this is more intentional than "Lightfall is half a story" - it feels like (I mean, from a season and a half of experience this expansion) we're getting pretty loving *big* pieces every week of something. A word, a link, a conceptual tie - we're winnowing down the terms of the universe; we had too many before that all meant the same thing and now we're finally mapping equivalencies and metaphors. I kind of wish they had started the Veil log stuff a little earlier last season or something as a bridge, but like, Chioma Chat is the highlight of reset atm.

Yeah, I think this sums it for me well. It would have been nicer to get just a bit more early on in the campaign itself. As it was, it felt like a breathless run with no real depth to the big-deal-poo poo that the veil and strand imply. The exotic quest was pretty cool…I’ve also been very happy with the little lore bits we’re getting week to week.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Infected posted:

More so than Champions, I think it would have been really nice if we had gotten a refresh/more additions to the base enemy factions over time. The Fallen got Brigs and the Vex the spicy Chickens with Beyond Light, we have Lightbearer Hive from Witchqueen and then Tormentors from Lightfall.
Just give us more of that stuff, I don't care about champions one way or the other but new enemy types in the mix are interesting.

It’d also be a bit more interesting if they’d do more armor/color variations on factions. They’ve done it a bit with Calus’ legionaries… but you’re telling me every faction of Elksni are hardcore set on those pallets of purple fabric from Costco they left Riis with?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Awww hell yeah I love spiders bois

Yeah I guess there’s more than I thought there were when you lay it out like that.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Question:
Bosses are big. Now, this is because it is cool and it makes it more interesting/easier for multiple players to combat them. Game mechanics.

Well… but for fallen, it has something to do with more rations make bigger guys right? Kinda like earth musclemen. Also, if you are a leader for any reason, you get to be big.

If in the destiny universe, big = literally powerful. So: shouldn’t at least Mara Sov be like 12ft tall? What about Zavala or Saint? Hell, shouldn’t the player guardian be kneeling to look into the tower at this point?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Fukkn worthless traveler bullshit magic

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Is it just me or have they tweaked difficulty on legendary Dares quite a bit?

I noticed when this season(?) started they had tweaked difficulty a little bit, but last night was rough! Lots of dead guardians, champion cabal had us pinned back in the entry of the second room for awhile.

We got the 300K and all but yikes!

In retrospect I think it’s closer to other legendary challenges now in terms of gameplay. It probably wasn’t quite the intention to be able to blaze through it in 10 minutes like a walk in the park.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Also the arguably one of the cooler aesthetic themes in the game imo

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I wouldn't leave out the possibility of Rasputin returning as a guardian, especially given all the talk about Lord Felwinter.

Honestly, same for Amanda.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I do like that because our uncle Rasputin died bungie got us a puppy to feel better.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Moving getting rid of Wells also put a little more focus on orbs, which always provide a benefit to your teammates, giving a bit more leeway in coordination between builds helping eachother rather than generating pickups that don’t seem to provide benefit.

Also, it felt to me like destiny uses the word “Well” a lot for things… destinations, warlock abilities, surely a third thing that I can’t think of. So I’m glad to clear that up a bit too.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Witherhoard ain’t a bad idea. Especially if you do double special, you can probably rely on pity ammo, even if it takes forever.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I accidentally did the Lightfall campaign end cinematic with my Ghost wearing a trucker hat and big rig pipes. No regerts.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Yeah I’ve been a little curious how the hive story is going to go given *waves hands at all that*

I never played D1 but was always a little sad about fighting the fallen when I played D2. Given their past, their actions feel somewhat reasonable and I can’t blame them. And the Cabal clearly aren’t monolithic and have differing motivations for conflict depending on their society.

But the Hive are loving nasty maniacs and it is really hard to make them meaningfully forgivable in any sense given the sheer scale of their violence.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Calm Witness.jpeg

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Guardians can have little a sword logic, as a treat

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I used to HATE hand cannons. I only really liked crimson because it’s more like a battle rifle.

The changes are great IMO - I only had a chance to play for a few hours before leaving for a work trip but I enjoyed using regular ol legendary HCs, something I’ve literally never done.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
It’s funny how sometimes “imma just gently caress off and kill dudes because it’s fun” can be a legitimate help to the team instead of focusing on the objective.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
PvP is miserable for me in any game because I’ve never had the instincts or reflexes for it, and the feeling of accomplishment when it DOES go well is never enough for me to want to improve.

The only game that ever really got me to enjoy PVP was Overwatch during its first 5 years or so. Because it wasn’t just shoot mans or defend circle… something about the roles in the game made it feel more like puzzle solving to counter other players strategies.

D2s PvP feels like any other game to me and I don’t understand the appeal. Class abilities don’t really seem to matter very much in the grand scheme of things when I’ve played (granted, if youre gud it probably does).

I don’t play games to meet people online. Part of that is the sweatys I encountered in every PvP game I ever played.

Last - I like Destiny for the plot. I wanna see spacemans and hokey sci-fi and philosophy. I want to crawl around in spooky ships and robot gardens. PvP arenas can have the aesthetic, but it’s just set dressing, because there’s nothing happening. Even repetitive modes - like strikes or grinding the nightfalls - at least I can think about what that means in the grand scheme of the game or story if I want.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Yeah I had the deathtongue spawn early on two runs a few days ago. I was so goddamn mad, stuck fighting two barrier champs with that bullshit.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

RBA Starblade posted:

Also Bungo should really stop reporting solely on the lunatic billionaire shitpost site lol

It’s so bad now because you can’t view chronologically as far as I can tell (unless you have an account? Not checking.). Very helpful to see posts from 2019, 2021, and 2016 at the top of the list!!! :tif:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Only problems I had tonight was I couldn’t get bounties via the app but whatever it was just nice to play the game again

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
help computer.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The return of Eramis always made me lol because like, we just...left her there on the top of a tower. Didn't bother to guard it or even put a box around her or anything.

I feel like a couple of times enemies have come back and the vanguard is like *~*somehow they have come back, that should be impossible *~* and I'm just like, guys, we are all back from the dead constantly. the hive gods love doin' that. let's try and figure out how and why, but lets not pretend that this is unusual or even improbable in this world.

of course somebody more lore-infromed could tell me i'm an idiot for whatever reason but I remember that take occuring to me with Eramis or somebody else.

Also, Calus is dead and also turned into at tree-branchy-pile-thing, as someone else mentioned. Did we do something with that? Is it still around? It doesn't' appear as a setpiece when you go listen to Osiris & Nimbus's spooky podcast. But maybe thats just them not putting certain plot elements into game world?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Fair points all around.

There’s a line of dialog Ikroa drops every once in awhile when you’re visiting her at the tower. A very icy, “Hey bud the vanguard is not thrilled with your extracurricular behavior. Where does your loyalty lie?” (Very paraphrased obviously).

That line struck me, Because it is easy to think of the vanguard as the end-all authority, even when you have drifter or Elsie or others showing they have their own agendas. I don’t think a lot about what guardians are up to outside of the obvious player activities. Are their guardians not doing hero poo poo, just ignoring the traveler? Are there still warlord types? I wasn’t really playing when the season with Lakshmi / factions were ended so it’s a bit of a dark spot in my lore knowledge. I’ve followed up some given lightfall, but not on everything.

Also - that’s one thing I think is cool about destiny - that dying and respawning is not just a game mechanic, but is a literal in-world thing.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I think someone earlier in the thread posted some stuff about the ahamkara lore and their desire to be real - that they know they are in a game. Lived that too.

I remember I played the Marathon games when I learned about them in early college after I had played halo in high school. The Ahamkara stuff reminds me a lot of Marathon 3, but I couldn’t really tell you why specifically because 90% of that game went over my head. I should play it again.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Favorite titan build this season is banner of war + acd0 + Flechette to fly around and knife things. I cant always get the loop perfect but it’s so satisfying when I can.

Side note; there’s no way they don’t nerf banner of war. It’s too good and fun.

I just got the new titan solar gauntlet exotic; I forget what it’s called, but it makes the consecration slam really fun. Just slam a big ol wall of explosions on some scrubs. Super does great damage too.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
Got navigator tonight. My buddy was the one who wanted it most though. Looks like I’ve got a few more to go.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The cabal boss in particular is brutal with a machine gun that kills in only a few taps even at full resistance.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
The titan opulent duelist helm is pretty cool too. Enough stylist if details itll look good with a lotta armor sets.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
You’d think with how much I like Ghost that I’d be into a scary pope hat but i haven’t found a way to make it work without robes.

The hexwrought armor is hilariously horny and the miniskirt/heels are probably intended for female player models but my Lorelei Splendor titan is feeling very rocky horror.

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I got my candy pretty easy, and I don't feel like I did anything too out of ordinary.

I did a lot of gambit this week to just get my last 25% to reset complete. But I don't feel like that was a particularly great source.
I would think Spire/Summoning activities would be pretty good. Anything dense with low-effort enemies.

I still need to get my sniper achievement. and now that I've gotten my last desired neomuna weapon pattern, I'm not sure what public space I'm gonna go dick around in to try and do something else productive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
I still can’t unsee Ed’s unibrow