Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

SgtSteel91 posted:

People complaining about the final mission like it asks you to do the entire Seraph Shield mission from start to finish again. It was a nice snapshot of it from a great backdrop of a space battle and, to my surprise and joy, one last appearance from the Seraph Big Boys from Season of the Worthy.

Final mission good

It was very funny as F2P.

Suddenly be subjected to Exo Rasputin, a brief glimpse of the beautiful space backdrop with bonus space battle, notice the Human ship hovering around, fight Eramis for the first time, realize the Seraph Big Boys who I saw for a total of 15 seconds during Worthy are reskinned Ogres or Abominations, fight the Broodhold boss again since around this time last year, watch a cutscene that was equal parts amazing (Traveller moving, Warsats have huge Sleeper Stimulants in them) and horrid garbage (Rasputin dies, Warsat network is defunct, Eramis doesn't betray the Witness at the last second)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Kith posted:

give it time. the traveler not leaving shook the gently caress out of her.

I want a scene of the Witness laughing some stupid laugh going "My pyramid ships are too strong for your weak weapons." and it zooms out to a pyramid ship getting loving blasted to poo poo and destroyed from a Ketch that flies away. Zoom in to Eramis flaunting the double duece and also savagely crotch chopping. Back to the witness and all his vape smoke heads are frowning.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

- Raid Adepts, when leveled up, will let you pick the ... masterwork

This needs to be the standard on all guns, every gun. Give it an astronomical cost, obscene time commitment, whatever. Just let me switch the masterwork.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Alright fess up, who wrote this?

whuf

ooof

am i finally going to buy saomething destiny inorder to experience this??

wowza

life_source
May 11, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Finally, someone has the courage to say what we're all thinking

life_source
May 11, 2008

All they have to do is add some kind of power level disadvantage to all currently sunset guns just like the one they are adding to activites.

life_source
May 11, 2008

There will be at least 2 more lore entries about how the Eliksni still can't believe she isn't a Guardian before she actually croaks and becomes a Guardian.

life_source
May 11, 2008

The Drifter isn't a Guardian and he is horny so this tracks.

But Zavala is a Guardian and is horny so further research may be required.

life_source
May 11, 2008

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Drifter is a guardian, he’s just older than classes and he hosed up his ghost so you never see it

Guardian is a cultural distinction. Player characters are Risen and Guardians. Drifter is a Risen, not a Guardian. Warlords are Risen and not Guardians because they are/were explicitly opposed to Guardian ideals. Iron Lords are (previously superset now a subset of) Guardians. Shadows of Yor are Risen and not Guardians because they are opposed to Guardian ideals.

What I'm saying is that Zavala has achieved something beyond being a Guardian which allows him to be horny.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I am not sure Osiris considered the Speaker a father figure, more a teacher and mentor.

Though him then getting close with his teachers son is a safe amount of weird.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Including at least one who murked her if I am recalling the lore correctly.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Remembered the 24 hour downtime so I focused all my Crucible engrams this morning.

Between last season and this I focused close to 100 engrams for the gun I want and got 1 (one) close to usable roll.

Hmmm

life_source
May 11, 2008

ron run need 5 must commend leadership or ban

life_source
May 11, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever read about Lance trying or playing Hunter which makes him the best Destiny player there is.

ftfy

life_source
May 11, 2008

Two 600 RPM Autos added. Both are worse statwise than Sorrows Verse. Only the seasonal one has a perk I am interested in (offhand strike).

zzz

life_source
May 11, 2008

So I completed everything possible a F2P can do.

Once again you get access to the first 2 two campaign missions and Legendary mode. New though is actually giving you a taste of the new mechanics, probably to tempt those weak of will into buying.

You can apparently get previous seasons weapons as world drops now? I got a new Carbine which was locked behind Spire previously. This MIGHT mean that anyone and everyone will be able to complete any unfinished weapon patterns if you are able to get the weapon to drop with Deepsight but that's probably a sub .01% possibility considering everything.

I am only seeing 1 craftable world drop, the Heavy Grenade Launcher. There are like 4 or 5 patterns that are still classified so maybe that will change but I'm not holding my breathe.

My only comment on the campaign is this motherfrucker calls our tech antiquated or wahtever but those are clovis breay door s you poo poo

life_source
May 11, 2008

queef anxiety posted:

Is PVP squished so i can do it in any gear?

Yes!

... no one is pvping right now probably because they are campaigning but give it a day or two

life_source
May 11, 2008

Dont talkto battuta like that you ooeve of poo poo ehey deserve your reapect

life_source
May 11, 2008

Battuta is the only good thing to touch Destiny.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Firebert posted:

Drifter is the only nb rep I need

He's not NB. You are mistaken about several things.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Oh, thank you. I was wondering about that.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Taking bets in whether the TWAB will be a prewritten tone deaf 'wow! everyone loves lightfall and nu calus and strand its our highest rated expansion ever' or if they actually address the current reception.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Solo Grandmaster speedrunner, Ascendant Competitive, top 1% invader and mote depositer, multiple 68 perfect distribution exotics, flawless master raid sherpa.

Rank 6 because they are F2P.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Azubah posted:

You were only called Young Wolf if you had D1 or Rise of Iron, they dropped it after the red war.

Everyone gets referred to as The Young Wolf here. It's in the last entry.

I remember it because it was so weird to hear when I have no connection to D1.

life_source
May 11, 2008

elpaganoescapa posted:

Destiny lately seems to have fallen to a trend I see increasing among a lot of new media, that is, writers who don't seem to know very much about or even actually like the property they're writing for and just use it as a stepping stone to do what they actually like.

I mean, I know it's just a job and people aren't obliged to be passionate about a job, but ideally as a company you would try to find people who are both good writers and also love the world and lore of your property

Weird how you blame the writers instead of the meddling management ghouls who are almost always the source of bad everything.

life_source
May 11, 2008

On PC when you highlight a loadout is pops out with the details and at the top right of that there are hotkeys for how to change the name, colour and icon.

Have fun figuring out the terrible UI of THAT if it exists.

And yes, I think it just gives a random selection for each new loadout you make.

Additionally, is there a way to delete loadouts that I haven't found yet?

life_source
May 11, 2008

elpaganoescapa posted:

It's obvious management is ultimately at fault, but the different teams at Bungie seem to have a lot of freedom and independence (up to a point). The teams that handle gameplay and landscape design are still doing a stellar job, but the team doing the writing isn't. Somebody wrote this expansion and it wasn't management but I agree they should have stepped in

life_source posted:

Weird how you blame the writers instead of the meddling management ghouls who are almost always the source of bad everything.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Fun thing to do to confuse yourself for a bit:

Load up DIM, go to Records, and down to the Guardian Ranks. Look through the objectives until you see something wrong.

Load up the game, go to that objective and see what it says.

Now look at the progress bar at the bottom of that objective.

Now check what those objectives in the Guardian ranks in the Destiny 2 app say.

What a game we are choosing to play.

life_source fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 4, 2023

life_source
May 11, 2008

High stats. 61 minimum.

More specifically you would look at the breakdown of the piece and ask yourself "Is this a good roll?" Heavy grenade builds want Discipline, if rarely use your super Intellect is dump, stuff like that. It would be beneficial to just ask in here or the Discord if you want input on specific pieces.

Also note that sometimes a good roll of armour will be available from a vendor and that usually gets posted here in the thread so keep you eyes open for those.

Though for real you could just upgrade whatever and when you find something better replace it. It's relatively cheap to upgrade armour and eventually you will have an abundance of materials to do so with.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Diabetic posted:

I played Destiny 1 when it first came out and 2 as well, but I'm starting over coming back in. I tried to follow what's going on just starting up but it kinda drops you into the Russian Quarantine zone now and I have no idea what my main purpose is. Is that how it is now and you just do patrols or am I really that blind? I warped to the Last City cause I had no idea what to do, cause I remember getting a ship in the Russian quarantine zone but didn't see the story going through that. Is there anyone that could may be explain what I'm supposed to do?

What does your Journey tab tell you to do? If you were grandfathered in to Rank 6 just click back to 1 and follow it along. Whenever I've looked at it it seems to give you point by point directions on things to do that will explain the various stuff that is in the game.

life_source
May 11, 2008

uhhhh

big eyes vape head big bad, possibly traveller equivalent

big gold dude fan favourite returning character from right after you stopped playing

OK your caught up. Try and enjoy Lightfall?????

life_source
May 11, 2008

RocketRaygun posted:

The Grapple is just for memes and doing random bullshit. It's not good in any content aside from stupid poo poo like grapple riding a rocket or a well skate or whatever. Bola Grenades are so absurdly strong they they make the class.

Woah there buddy. It's a high skill ceiling movement ability. The kings will use it to style on people (they will be styling regardless but whatever) and therefore those people will insist on running it until they get good enough.

Look at any game that has a similar ability and you can see how useful it is if you know what you are doing. It's just that very few people know what they are doing.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Logged into my Titan for the first time since the first day of Destiny 2.

Almost tempted to go to a random zone and see how instantly I die/how many shots it takes to kill anything.

e: lol

Looking good.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Banshee's 5 featured weapons seem to reroll daily, both the perks and the specific weapon. As far as I can tell it keeps the weapon type. It's been Bows/Seraph Glaive/Pulse Rifle/Sidearm/Falling Guillotine this week. It could be valuable to frequently check using the app or DIM to see if there is a favoured weapon of a current pick that got added. I haven't figured out when or exactly how often it rolls over yet.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Phone posting but check Ishar for the final Lament quest blurb and it mentions Banshee wanting to talk to Clovis. Just have a ghost shell or sparrow lore blurb that is Banshee going (with Guardian escot) to see the head, saying nothing to it and going "nah, better to be myself" and leaving or something small but nice and ending it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I will never forget Banshee but if I am just another friendly smiling face to him that is OK.

life_source
May 11, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

2nd best part of the campaign was Old Man Osiris popping out of the drop pod, fists cocked with his Sunbracer Knuckles ready to pound some helmets

God that was so funny and I wish they leaned into it and had him clown on some Cabal.

life_source
May 11, 2008

hell.., same

life_source
May 11, 2008

We have to assume that only Real Ones are allowed back in at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

I think there was a Tower scannable where Ghost mentions it. There is definitely a lore entry somewhere. I'll check Ishtar.