Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'm assuming the stuff like CALUS only drops on legend? I've run Presage like 4 times and only ever get the old season weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Apologies for how dumb this question is... but somehow I keep accruing Nightfall Ciphers... and I haven't completed a GM Nightfall since the Crafting Glitch. What am I doing that is adding these? They just seem to appear in there (in 2's) every so often when I check my inventory. I've been googling all over the place on how to get them, and haven't found any info besides the obvious, being GM's.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Speaking of The Coil, looks like something is bugged and I've had 3 runs now where the bonus doors don't open at all, so people keep dropping (and I don't blame them). *sigh*

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

EVGA Longoria posted:

Nobody actually knows the internal workings at Bungie except the employees, and I'm not aware of anything explicitly stated, so everything is reading into less explicit statements.

There's a general consensus that management at Bungie focuses on monetization and increasing playtime metrics, while developers want to focus on gameplay and community feedback, the former gets prioritized over the latter most of the time.

Ultimately it's hard to say, but that certainly matches every software gig I've ever worked, so I can absolutely believe it.

I thought that between Paul Tassi and Jason Schreier a bunch of this was confirmed from multiple sources (especially after the layoffs). Seems like we know pretty well how execs behaved with regard to community concerns raised by devs. We also know how horribly they shot themselves in the foot with regard to blowing through the huge ball of cash that Sony coughed up. We know how stupidly the bungie execs set revenue expectations such that they fell so far below them that there is almost total certainty they will trigger clauses that will punt existing management and cause bungie to be fully absorbed into SIE.

IMHO, we know a LOT about internal workings, and it's been a shitshow.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The Finn posted:

I'm dumb as poo poo and missed the Refund option. Problem solved

Destiny 2 Lightfall: I'm dumb as poo poo and missed the Refund option

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I picked up the diamond raid card on the wrong dude. If I abandon it and try to pick it up on my other dude, is it going to let me reacquire it, or is it going to do what I assume it will do and just screw me out of the diamond card for the week?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Maybe I have brain worms but I really miss the old Red War campaign and the other content vault stuff.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Will we actually get deployable turrets or something? Seems too good to be true. But then I would've said the same thing about skimmers a few months ago.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I have multiple rewards packages overdue by several days, now. I ended up getting a 2nd twitch drop yesterday, and that was just enough to put me over the top for the Drop In skimmer. So, now I don't even care if I get those stupid packages. Got my shiny skimmer, so I'm good now.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

doomfunk posted:

if you haven't gotten them yet you probably aren't getting them. they'll go to the post if you have any medal caches in your inventory, since you can only hold one ever, and when a focus activity rolls over the best thing to do it you don't get it right away is to log out then back in.

so it's good you don't care I guess

Yeah I did all that nonsense with the logging out etc. Seems to just be broken for some people.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Waroduce posted:

I prefer Souldrinker to the abiltiy regen traits but this change to chain reaction might make the waveframes feel pretty weak

Chain Reaction is being reworked to accommodate it being added to other weapons (like Glaives in the future) - these changes are coming in TFS
Special-ammo weapons:

15% smaller detonation radius
20% reduced damage

Heavy-ammo weapons:
Keeps the current detonation radius sandbox values
30% increased damage
"Heavy GLs will be significantly better at add-clear than Special GLs"

Seems like they're trying to rein in how easy add clear is with Forbearance in particular

I'm far from an expert on Destiny 2 theorycrafting, but sounds like my unrelenting/golden tricorn forbearance will be just fine. Chain Reaction isn't absolutely necessary for good add clear, imho. And the heavy wave frame kinda sucks, since the wave is wider, but much shorter (from what I can tell), heavily limiting it's utility, again imho. Maybe with more damage, it will help, but since special ammo is going to remain more prevalent (unless they unwind the double-special nerf) I don't see a strong reason to trash my old forbearance rolls just yet.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

heh I did the same thing (chest armor) a few weeks ago. I'll just use my 396 seasonal engrams to reroll up a new one.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I just finished a round of onslaught, and someone grabbed the end chest... which decativated for everyone else. So I got nothing for that round of onslaught apparently?

I was under the impression there would be PHAT LEWTS or somesuch?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

haveblue posted:

The Dread were likely part of the TFS plan from the beginning, not everything we saw today was hastily thrown together during the delay

I wonder if they haven't shown The Dread or Prismatic subclass earlier because the bungie execs were planning to fart out TFS in Feb. without those ready to go? Then someone realized they need to actually have a strong release and they delayed to finish things up? I'm obv speculating, but yeah I have to assume this was all being worked on for a while.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

FWIW, I think prismatic is a lot more interesting than the new SIVA class or whatever was supposedly leaked.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Prism was originally for d3 which has been absorbed into d2

In my mind that seems less likely considering D3 almost has to be a new engine, right? There's been so many complaints from devs about the D2 spaghetti code base, I can't imagine porting over features from a newer game in dev into D2's ball of mud. I suppose the concepts and design/art work could come over.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

What in-game item did Bungie disable? Their url doesn't seem to work, bung.ie/Disables

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I don't know if anyone can even know this, but are shiny weapons more likely to drop from the Legend onslaught rewards? Or is Legend just more chests?

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I don't see how 2 extra weapon drops makes the extra time/effort to do 50 waves somehow worth it compared to doing quick legend 10 wave runs. Maybe with the extra trophies? Idk

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The devs that knew how to do vendor resets probably got laid off :(

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

I've done the bonus round a few times, and IIRC, you get extra brave coin for each tormentor kill. I think most I've killed in a round is like 6, but usually get 5, so it's like half a weapon roll. Again, assuming I'm remembering correctly.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

MJeff posted:

Seriously, Tangles gently caress him up real, real bad.

Also, I'm telling you, for the Tormentors, USE IZANAGI'S BURDEN. You can abuse the walkways to keep them far away from you in a straight line and you can just pop them very safely.

If you're a Hunter, use Assassin's Cowl. Free healing and invis on every grapple. Same with Warlocks and Karnstein.
If you're a Titan........I dunno how Titans can abuse Strand for infinite health. Presumably some kind of very fancy hat.

Banner of War is, imho, the very fanciest of hats.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

haveblue posted:

Also worth noting that banner of war was added in season 22, so no one playing at LF launch could have used it

I thought OP was talking about trying to do Calus legendary right now. mb

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Belial42 posted:

If I remember when I farmed it (post nerfs ) you get one red border for post campaign quests per character. Then you’re stuck heroic patrol farming (felt like 10% chance per patrol of a red drop) or using harmonizers.

I did this pre-nerf, so YMMV but you can spawn in at the Terminal Overload zone and zip through the zones to check for heroic patrols, then hit the Terminal Overload to reload into new instances, and just do that forever. (if you spawn into a Terminal Overload that's on the last phase, you can finish it in a few mins to get a couple more rolls) You can get heroic patrols pretty quickly, but I guess you have to do a lot more just to get the red borders, so ehhh it's gonna be a slow grind no matter what I guess.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

haveblue posted:

Shiny is purely cosmetic, which doesn't stop people from going insane over getting it

They also have the double rolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

ughhh after 40 or so engrams, I finally got my first Tusk of the Boar. What even is the god roll on this? I got a Slice/Chain Reaction which seems good?

I have another question since I don't really understand how this works, but is Blast Radius bad for this weapon like it is for Mountaintop?