Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

https://i.imgur.com/yufEflf.mp4
is this funny enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

CottonWolf posted:

What is the one season from this year that’s worth trying to blitz before Lightfall comes though? PSN had the complete Witch Queen bundle on really deep sale.

Seraph or Haunted I'd say. Strongest stories and great l00t

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

victrix posted:

I don't really gaf, I get to explore vaporwave city as green striker. And maybe, just maybe, vaporwave Vex raid?

If LF raid is the 3rd fuckin vex raid in the game and not cabal I'm blaming you specifically

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

actually thinking more about it, it'll probably be vex and cabal. Vow and King's Fall were both two enemy types, so I could see that being the direction they continue in to give them more breathing room with making encounters feel unique.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Paracausal posted:

well we've only got one scorn/taken raid so maybe a cabal/taken raid that isn't a game show

Cabal Incedinors and Taken phalanxes in the same CP

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I still want a raid CP where instead of a bossfight we have to fight 6 souped-up hive guardians, who put down a rally banner on the opposite side of the map when you do

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

victrix posted:

I'm still fairly surprised we haven't seen a Dares of Eternity type activity where there's two groups of Guardians 'competing' with each other in two parallel PvE arenas, where stuff they do on one side affects the other.

... wait that's just Gambit with the serial numbers filed off isn't it.

Honestly making Gambit more like DoE isn't a bad idea. Maybe 3 rounds with different stuff happening in each one?

...Wait a minute.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

the traveler cracks open and there's a dopefish on the inside of the shell

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Still curious if Final Shape will have four $10 seasons in its aftermath because the great big plot beats always happen during the annual expo, and it might be weird for the story to end 10 months after the final shape in a match made 6 man activity to control plates

I could see the 4 seasons of the Final Shape cycle being the prologue to what comes after light and darkness while the Final Shape campaign is where we dome the Witness, think that's the cleanest way to do it.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

if anyone here wants id be happy to do a Sherpa run of DSC sometime. Its my fave raid and I guarantee I've completed every encounter with worse teammates than anyone in this thread would be

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Astrochicken posted:

i thought we all liked babydog. why wouldn't you like babydog? what kind of humorless husk are you (talking to no one in particular here)?

Considering what I've seen about the "vexplosion" line in SotW, its the redditors who are humorless husks

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Kith posted:

i uninstalled and reinstalled and experienced this not even a half hour later:

so i did a bunch of digging and it appears to be caused by a corrupt crash log dump in my user folder. deleted that and have not experienced problems since.

thats a bad roll for a sidearm op, hope this helps

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Kith posted:

It is! But I have strange perk preferences because I do not play this game properly, so I always give guns with my favorite perks at least a cursory inspection before I pass judgement

I respect that

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Are we getting Battleground GMs? That's gonna be wild lmao

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

dodgeblan posted:

maybe it was just wishful thinking but I thought they'd made noises about killing or greatly scaling back the light grind. No mention of that! very sad.

They were talking about experimenting with light in relation to activities, so I think that's them eluding tot he idea.

The pinnacle grind is basically dead for all but the endiest of endgame activities anyway.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also they sadly dropped the 'D1' descriptor from their Reprised Raid discussions. They must not want people to be bummed that it's Crota, this far in advance

WotM outjerked again. Leviathan would be sick

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I think the thing with WotM is less about it being possible and more about how many wholly original assets would have to be created. They've made it clear they aren't going back to SIVA as a plot point so stuff like Devil Splicers would presumably only be used for WotM.

VoG had a unique locale but could re-use a bunch of Vex enemies and assets, same with KF and the Dreadnought. I'm not sure if there's enough in D2 currently that could be recycled for WotM.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Pirate Jet posted:

The leaker with a good track record said that Bungie has tried to bring back WotM multiple times but the held-object duping bug ruins the raid and that bug is so deep-seeded it's not worth the investment to fix, to them.

Oh poo poo, like the one that people were using in the Plunder activity? That hadn't occured to me. I haven't played WotM bearing in mind, but what exactly differentiates it's held objects from, say, the nukes in DSC or the orb in King's Fall?

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Ball dunk-and-dupe has been patched, Ball throw-and-dupe has not.

Wonder if they could just re-jig the raid to have it be dunks instead of throws. They did a similar mechanic alteration to Oryx by having the bombs not do the damage but just determine DPS phase time

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Days since PVP has ruined the game around it: 0

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Oxyclean posted:

Thinking about the comments about feeling like enemies aren't hitting hard enough, thus a nerf to resilience, but also how they're happy with the difficulty of the matchmaking heist battlegrounds. Now I'm thinking about the pubby who could not stay alive while we were trying to teach them Warpriest. Or just how Heists tend to feel like a slog if I go in on anything but my best builds.

That said, I'm hoping the revamps to the modding system and artifact lead to overall better pubs, and the changes to the artifact paired with adding champion counters to subclass verbs should hopefully make it much easier to not have to go with a gimpy build in order to get champion coverage.

I still think that increasing the costs of resilience mods as part of the "players are too tanky" stuff makes no sense. All that does is make it so you should get resilience rolled on your armor and make up the difference for other stats with mods. I don't really understand why all stats aren't treated equal for costs if they're equal for the way they roll on armor?

it's bungies acknowledgement that some stats are more equal than others. +10 Mobility for 4 points makes no sense when mobility is a useless stat

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

excited to see Rasputin die and have Zav go "drat that's crazy guardian" and palm me an ascendant shard

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

this finale mission is way lamer than the season of the lost one tbh

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

final mission was zzz but the cutscene ruled. Who the gently caress were those guys behind Zavala though

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Roctavian posted:

If it's the player characters of devs, they're dorks
If it's the player characters of destiny streamers, uggghh

see I don't recognise the armor they were wearing so I don't think they were player characters

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

haveblue posted:

This finale mission works and the cutscene was a lot cooler and easier to understand

I forgot about the tech issues lmao, I guess I got lucky.

I think I just don't get the hype around Seraph Shield.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I appreciated that Eramis didn't forget to level grind, going from pointlessly easy to a significant challenger.

Yeah that Eramis fight kinda ruled. The wizard at the end was a bit of a letdown, would've liked a second phase of Eramis instead maybe including the augments one last time, though I guess that would be a pain for anyone who didn't do Seraph Shield since the mission is f2p

Roctavian posted:

I've already decided it's just these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIfKzgltjIg

Apparently they're og D1 armor sets so I buy this theory. Hell, they could be any 3 lore guardians you want em to be. I'm going with Ghost, Joxer and Harper

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Pirate Jet posted:

Seraph Shield was really cool once but wore out its welcome very quickly when they asked us to do it six weeks in a row.

I only ever did it once and was thoroughly whelmed. Maybe it's cooler if you haven't run Deep Stone Crypt? idk

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Lib and let die posted:

i got around to running it after i went through DSC for the first time and had a very strange "wait a second..." vibe

my muscle memory betrayed me when I failed to see the operator panels and instead did the DSC spacewalk parkour backwards thinking that was how they had re-used that asset lmao

in general the way they use the augments is way lamer in Seraph Shield but I guess that's to be expected for a lower level of content. gently caress that microwave room though

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Snapes N Snapes posted:

whats the EASIEST GM to farm atm? gently caress assway

lake of shadows and arms dealer

if you mean in the rotation then warden of nothing and insight terminus

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I'm excited for the new raid adept chase. Being able to get a 2/5 and turn it into a 5/5 is the dream and I think the perfect balance between crafting and RNG

in other news, I'm one away from my dream of 10 One Thousand Voices drops, gonna try and get the last one done sometime this week!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Oxyclean posted:

I'm glad the blog post seemed to confirm crafted raid weapons aren't going anywhere.

They'd be absolute fools to get rid of it with how much it's driven up the playerbase for the raids they'd added crafting to, for better or for worse (god I wish people would actually learn DSC instead of just trying to farm it like brainlets)

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

my Lubrae's Ruin is like the only crafted weapon I regularly use and it's only lvl 71, that's some crazy poo poo lmao

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

fast cars loose anus posted:

That is real fuckin dumb and my time as a casual Destiny player (and therefore as a destiny player at all) may be at an end

e: I think I could live with the light capping, to be honest, if they would swear not to put champions in regular difficulty things. It's the fact that I almost always have to handle both types of champions in these that really makes them lovely

For what it's worth they're nerfing champions hard by giving anti-champ properties to a bunch of class debuffs. Stasis slow will stun overloads, blinding unstops will stun them, it'll make it incredibly easy to deal with champions without having to use your 2 or so ordained weapons each season

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Kith posted:

champions are good actually because idiot pubbies never having the proper loadout to deal with them makes you feel like The Protagonist

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Did Riven legit for the first time. Fun, but I totally get why people opt for the cheese. Still, having beaten Riven legit does make me better than other people now...

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Yaaaay its Trials time, time to put cigarettes out on my dick

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Went 0-2 in trials and gave up. I honestly have no idea how anyone can have fun in this dogshit gamemode. Even when I win rounds it isn't fun.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

I think the main practical thing that differentiates them is their homing attacks (Acolytes especially, their blade barrage is brutal.) which forces you to constantly maneuverer around them and makes it very hard to fortify one spot. The bit in the legendary campaign before the Savathun fight where you 3v3 a set of them in a large open garden was brutal but also one of the most fun fights I've ever had in D2.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

Firebert posted:

Even restricted to this past year, I have died more to Taken Phalanxes than the Lightbearer Hive. They are the real low-tier god enemy of Destiny.

I sherpa'd a queenswalk yesterday and jesus christ, the amount of runs immediately rendered wipe-worthy because of phalanxes was ludicrous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

another thing is I think the boops knockback is combined exponentially or something. Being booped by one is annoying but you can recover with good positioning or movement, two will knock your rear end into the last encounter