Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Insert 'hold my beer' joke here

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-division-2-fix-broke-the-game-so-hard-ubisoft-cant-update-it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

If I were really The Protagonist I wouldn't constantly be forced to use a weapon type (hand cannon) I hate to deal with something

e: Im now aware this is changing so that's good

e2: also what is the best way to get that ikelos shotgun to drop i want to get the pattern but it hasnt even dropped for me yet so I cant buy it. Is it heists?

The nodes in seraph station give you a guaranteed red border of each Ikelos weapon.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Is there lore on what makes makes a champion a champion? How did the Hive and Cabal work out Barrier technology and why can't they give it to all their dudes?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I don't think many people would care if they effectively unsunset everything now, given the weapon power creep. Nobody's going to cry about that Go Figure they sharded.

Especially if they bring back reprised Season of the Dawn and Forge weapons first.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is there no way to transmog exotics into looking like normal gear? Am I going to be stuck with this gaudy rear end Dragon's Shadow model clashing with whatever the rest of my gear looks like? I just wanna look cool...

No. You see, it's very important that you are able to easily identify what exotic the sweat who just headshotted you from across the map as soon as you respawned is wearing.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

I still don't understand how to get the Queen's Favors or whatever. I've done the battleground like 3 times and haven't gotten anything

Pick the 'heavy weapon kills grant a chance for favour' upgrade from the helm and go ham with a machine gun in the first encounter.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

neutral milf hotel posted:

I'm playing around with old exotics and Sunshot sure is fun. Maybe it's me but it feels more powerful this season

Been meaning to try it out. They changed the old school 'burn' effect to be actual Solar 3.0 scorch, same as what Incandescent gives, so I was hoping it would be good.

Same is true for Polaris Lance's explosions.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

That bit in the last mission where you defend the veil with Caiatl should be its own mode.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Nobody seems to have mentioned the fact that there's a weekly pinnacle for giving 20 commendations. So the whole thing is meaningless.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I can't quite believe how well the grapple mechanic itself has been implemented in this game that wasn't meant for it. It's too bad that the current game mechanics mean it's not actually fun to use most of the time.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mile'ionaha posted:

All right I'm a little salty, working on soloing legendary Calais and finally got him to the Gladiator segment.

He gets caught on some boxes and then suddenly telefrags me. instant death as my corpse gets yeeted across the arena.

People are calling it cheese if you grapple to the top of the dome as it's coming down but Ghost's whole plan was to use strand to do something Calus wasn't prepared for so I say it's a mechanic.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

haveblue posted:

The two new strikes are effectively building a whole different script with no relation to the old one in the same environments, so I'd call them all-new. 3 strikes in Lightfall

I believe we're getting another strike after the raid as well (that's what I read earlier in the thread anyway).

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

arsenicCatnip posted:

buy Thread of Generation as soon as you can. It gives all of your damage sources a form of Demolitionist and, especially with DoT weapons, you get your grenade back SOOOO quick.

I swear this does gently caress all for me.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Well, that was intense. Practically a dungeon.

Wouldn't have stood a chance solo without the Gyrfalcon/Graviton/Retrofit setup that got me through the legendary campaign.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

arsenicCatnip posted:

it counts instances of damage, not total damage. A lot of rapid-fire damage from an automatic weapon or something that deals damage over time like anarchy or osteo poison will give you a lot more than a shotgun blast, even if the shotgun does more.

See, this is what I read and how I understood it worked. So something like Quicksilver Storm with its high ROF plus missiles should be pretty decent at proccing it, right? But I swear I can empty mags on a beefy target and my grenade energy doesn't go up any quicker.

I'll have to give Osteo a go.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

Also interestingly I keep randomly getting rewarding 64+ stat armour with the keys, which is pretty dang neat.

According to a comment a little upthread, using a key guarantees either high stat armour or a red frame weapon. Which makes the whole loop pretty rewarding.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Destiny 2 Lightfall: Alt + F4

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Is there a reason why pubbies in battlegrounds simply refuse to kill the wizards to get the ball to throw at the boss, despite clearly understanding the activity, having decent builds, being good at killing things and all that?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mars Nightfall can be very unfun, but I guess it's balanced by the fact that you can't wipe at any point. I assume that's a first?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Mage_Boy posted:

I still maintain that when they meant to set the power delta to +20 they instead set the power level to +20 and no one wants to admit it was a mistake so they are quietly ignoring it.

So there's no enforced delta just a stupid high power level to reach?

I've managed two of the EDC LLS this week but they both ended up with me plinking away at the boss with graviton lance for the final 5 minutes and letting off a couple of supers.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What are the chances that the final shape voice acting is all done?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'd guess it's a networking issue. On consoles I know there is a bug where sometimes you are straight up ghosted to the spirit world and you get put in your own Tower, strike, pvp match etc no matter how long you sit in orbit. A hard-reboot usually fixes it, but I don't know if PC has the same potential issues and fixes.

Yeah, this happened to me last week on PC. I thought I'd run the solo mode script and forgotten. Had to restart to fix it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

filmcynic posted:

Glad to see this change. Now I just need to get the barrier champ requirement out of the way. Does anybody know of a Lost Sector this season that has one near the beginning?

This week's nightfall has one at the start I think.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I thought that volatile rounds will break barrier champion shields, but they don't have the full anti-barrier behaviour against other shields and stuff?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Snuffman posted:

Nope, the current IB armour is there, sans-cape. All the other legacy sets in that menu do, however, have their capes.

It drops from playing. You can focus the legacy class items because you can get them even if you haven't got them in the past. There's currently no need for a wolf cape focus because everyone has to earn it from playing and once they do they can pull it from collections.

Just be prepared for it to only drop after 3 resets because of desire RNG.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 24, 2023

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Paracelsus posted:

What made the class work for me was switching from grapple to the snare grenade, and having the fragment that gives grenade energy when you deal damage. Suspend All The Things with your two grenade charges and your class ability, deal damage to the suspended things with your melee, tangles, or regular aoe weapons, repeat. It's not quite as synergistic as the Osteo/Necrotic warlock build, but it gets the job done and the super is kinda nutty, with excellent room clear, excellent single target damage, and the ability to mix and match the two as needed.

The class got done dirty by the campaign setup, I think.

Throw on Dragon's Shadow and you'll have four suspend everything buttons.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Any surprise shaders on the 2nd rank of the iron banner rewards? I've cleared the pinnacles, but the Diablo IV beta has taken a chunk out of my gaming time, so I'm wondering if it's worth poopsocking.

There's one at rank 16. It looks nice but I wouldn't say it's particularly unique or anything.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Graviton Lance really helped me with the legendary campaign. It meant I could keep my distance a bit, volatile rounds from Gyrfalcons plus Graviton's extra explosions meant everything was blowing up in purple, anti barrier pulse meant all those cabal shields did nothing for them, plus it has vorpal for the beefy bois and the 40% buff against red bars and turnabout for an overshield every now and then because why not?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

neutral milf hotel posted:

Something I've always been curious about but never bothered to look up. Are pinnacle reward levels calculated on the gear you've equipped or everything in your collection?

Used to be everything equipped, in your vault, postmaster or even another character.

HOWEVER! It seems the loadout feature broke the 'other character' part of that. So the best option now is to keep your highest level things in your vault. That way, all characters can 'make use' of them without you having to remember to switch them around.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

arsenicCatnip posted:

ooh, I've been looking for a good gun with that perk since I saw it. Only seen it on the sword and new glaive so an SMG with it sounds perfect

First primary to get it I think. I've been using it with Gyrfalcons. It's a bit overkill/redundant, but it's yet another way to get the invis/volatile train going if you somehow find yourself with everything else on cool down.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

My commendations go to the two best dressed space Barbies.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Finally picked up Witherhoard. It’s cool, but the very specific play style of “shoot ground, swap to primary/heavy, wait 5 seconds, repeat” seems like it might get old quickly. Clearly need the catalyst so I’m not reloading non-stop.

I hate PvP, so the 100 guardian kills is a big lift. Can I just use any grenade launcher, or does it have to be Witherhoard specifically? If I can use any I may work on the Fighting Lion catalyst at the same time.

I’m going to unlock some more Ascendant Shards through reputation soon, so I may go for Outbreak Perfected next. I’d like Tarrabah, but I don’t raid and it needs like 250 Spoils of Conquest.

Momentum Control is up this week and makes this step not so bad, since wave frames and witherhoard itself are great in it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I actually reset my trials rank today, which is something I've never got close to before. This is definitely the weekend to grind to rank 10.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Lethrom posted:

Okay hear me out, you know how dead messenger was three wave frames taped together?

What about three dead messengers taped together?

4 Cerberus+1s taped together.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

MJeff posted:

If you want the best shot at Round Robins, do Heroic Patrol Farms. Short version is, just queue into the Terminal Overload zone over and over (you have to use the Terminal Overload button because it refreshes the instance), until you see a gold patrol and do it. There's more efficient ways to do it in a group, but it's not too godawful solo. Have Divinity on hand for the one that requires precision kills. The Deepsight drop rate is pretty decent but is diluted somewhat by there being five weapons in the pool.

It is something that might be worth doing this season because it sounds like Iterative Loop is gonna be worth having a perfected version of.

I grinded this the other week and it felt like I found more legendary patrols by checking each of the three zones before changing instances. Two out of three days you can fast travel to the southern zone and then sparrow to the remaining one.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

We're getting rid of armour affinity so you can use whatever combination of mods you want!

No, not like that!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Glimmer seems like more of a bottleneck than shards these days. Especially if you're new and don't have thousands of old planetary mats to sell to Rahool.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Don't you have to do those quests to get Iterative Loop and the hand cannon to start dropping in the first place?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Hackan Slash posted:

So you don't really need to run multiple pieces to get leaves, for a crucible match you get 4 leaves with 1 piece, 4 leaves with 3 pieces, and 5 leaves with 5 pieces.

However you 100% want to make a full loadout of solstice gear to switch to right before bonfire finishes, because it appears to be multiplicative, with 1 piece giving you about 20 ash up to around 100 ash if you have 5 pieces.

Do you know if they have to be this season's armour or does any solstice (or even ornaments) work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Oh sweet, that IB chainmail shader dropped at the end of a match for me.