Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

'cause I just got this book

I haven't read it but it's got an index and so far this bob larson fellow seems pretty knowledgeable about the devil.

so if you have questions about satan, ask them here and I'll look up the subject in the index and see what good ol' bob
had to say about the matter

you know we're dealing with a master here, the metal band appendix is 2.5 pages long, half a page is metallica and both of glen danzig's bands come up

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Feb 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I Ching, You Ching

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
how does satanism help short men get laid

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

sorry satan only helps the deserving

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

“lol 5’9”” - samael

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

according to bob larson, the answer is child sexual abuse

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Is this the new witchcraft thread?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yes

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

library genesis has 4 books by bob larson up, including jezebel: defeating your #1 spiritual enemy and larson's book of spiritual warfare but it sadly does not have his satanism book

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 03:54 on Feb 11, 2023

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

leo louis martello, director of the witches' anti-defamation league posted:

True witchcraft has been a persecuted minority religion. They are now coming out of their broom closets and fighting back.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

but how fuckable is Satan?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
For too long witches have been slamming in the back of my Dragula

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Those aren't black metal bands they don't suck enough
Here are the 2 good black metal albums:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-E4ZRZg2bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclmXvLFof4

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

If I did I'd just ask him

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

but how fuckable is Satan?

not finding that in the index.

quote:

In addition to the books of LaVey, members are encouraged to read the writings of Ayn Rand, Frederic Nietzsche and Machiavelli because of the emhasis these authors put upon excelling through human potential. Three basic rituals are performed: Sexual rituals to satisfy eroticism..

still nothing about satan, but satanists sound like they're so insufferable that the only way they can get laid is by mandating it through ritual. so I guess it's kind of like the dsa

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I already know everything that I need to know about Satanism, which is that satan is merely one of the janus faces of the demiurge, the eternal false struggle between whom helps keep us locked in this black iron prison. Seek gnosis

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Does it have any explanation for why Ozzy Osbourne is a satanist? He's a member of the Church of England, Bob!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

A Russian troll farm posted:

I already know everything that I need to know about Satanism, which is that satan is merely one of the janus faces of the demiurge, the eternal false struggle between whom helps keep us locked in this black iron prison. Seek gnosis

Gno

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Weka posted:

Does it have any explanation for why Ozzy Osbourne is a satanist? He's a member of the Church of England, Bob!

quote:

Black Sabbath's initial album featured a witch on the front cover and a black upside-down cross inside the fold-out front cover. The cover for their album "Born Again" featured a red, demonic baby spouting claws on its fingers and horns on its head......A fifteen-year-old Michigan youth put a shotgun to his brother's head, blew his brains out, and told the authorities, "Black Sabbath made me do it."

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
It’s not my job to educate you on whether I have questions about satan or satanism

Weka
May 5, 2019

lol a picture of a lady and an album he's not even on.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

larson's argument isn't that metal dudes are satanists. it's that their ironic use of satanic imagery is itself bad and dangerous because teenagers, who are old enough to make his burgers at dairy queen, can't tell the difference between irony or fiction and hard dictates for life. this may be the result of a fundamentalist mentality which treats a collection of parables as the legit word of god. so, no, slayer aren't going to dig up and skull gently caress the dead to condemn their souls to eternal damnation to further the glory of the dark lord, but they're bad people for making songs about it because teenagers are going to think they're serious. considering mr. bungle were huge teenage slayer disciples, I think larson may be smarter than any of us are giving him credit for

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I'm pretty sure the dungeons and dragons stuff will pan out along similar lines. it's not that d'n'd is overtly or genuinely satanic in any way. handbooks just have pictures of monsters and swords which offend someone's sense of aesthetics. it's bad because it encourages people to use their imaginations and again teenagers have, implied by larson, no ability to differentiate imagination from reality. again, maybe it's some weird fundamentalist bias, this time against fantastical things like burning bushes and angels

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
does he ever give satan's contact info? dude bummed a case of beer from me and never gave one in return and i'm kinda steamed about it

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

uh.. I think I might have this one figured out but I need some clarification. would you say that, geographically, you're more voodoo, santeria or macumba?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Satan is a figure in the Christian pantheon. Ergo satanists are Christian ergo satanists are lame.

Now show me a worshipper of Huehuecoyotl, and I’ll show you someone you should party with.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

What makes people take up an adversary figure largely attested in literature where loss and defeat is more or less rigid fate/prophecy?

Noanswers that hinge on a non-theistic viewpoint

Are underdog stories that seductive?

Even if you are breaking from Christian culture and patriarchy i think there are better ways to do it and better figures to get down with, like ishtar

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

The Voice of Labor posted:

uh.. I think I might have this one figured out but I need some clarification. would you say that, geographically, you're more voodoo, santeria or macumba?

best i can give ya is finno-ugric shamanism

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Riot Bimbo posted:

What makes people take up an adversary figure largely attested in literature where loss and defeat is more or less rigid fate/prophecy?

Even if you are breaking from Christian culture and patriarchy i think there are better ways to do it and better figures to get down with, like ishtar

I think it’s kinda like the Mark Twain story The Mysterious Stranger where people are like “drat devil you suck”. and he is like “ hey you gotta hear my side of the story, you’ve been reading poo poo about me for two thousand years time to set the record straight”.

So the feeling is he is sort of innocent of most of the charges against him, a juvenile-delinquent whose emotionally unavailable father kicks him out of the house instead of actually just being there for him. A sympathetic and complicated guy who can either be your angle or your devel.

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 11:48 on Feb 11, 2023

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Voice of Labor posted:

library genesis has 4 books by bob larson up, including jezebel: defeating your #1 spiritual enemy and larson's book of spiritual warfare but it sadly does not have his satanism book

I would pledge my soul to the devil if he got the FBI to free zlibrary

Weka
May 5, 2019

Why does Satan deliver presents on christmas?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Weka posted:

Why does Satan deliver presents on christmas?

the gift-giving is a ruse, he's casing the joints for future burglaries

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
my question about satan is: how did it feel to win the stanley cup with the pittsburgh penguins in 2009?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Riot Bimbo posted:

larson's answer has already been sussed out by your fellow posters, ie., teenagers, rebellion, family alienation. but it is worth noting that material anaylsis of the problem is compicated because the cdc's methodology for recording and reporting of satanism is dubious at best. statistics about kids killing themselves under dokken posters and statistics about ritual murder are both rolled under "satanic violence" and not treated as categorically separate despite having radically different material causes and requiring radically different methods for abatement

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cerebral Bore posted:

best i can give ya is finno-ugric shamanism

book and computer are in the bedroom, the wife's sleeping in, and you know what they say about sleeping dragons amIrightfellahs

from memory, I'll type the passage out later, scandanavians, along with jews, are cautioned against the demonic rolodex that is folk religion (east asians and arabs are not mentioned, presumably because they are naturally immune to satan's charms). note that there's a short passage saying "oh yeah, you all can catch the satan too" for various non eurochristian folks contrasted with 5 pages split between 3 subdivisions for the afrocaribean occult no-nos. feel free to make of that what you will

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Riot Bimbo posted:

You have to wear clothes to church but satanic mass is clothing optional

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica
is zher fat as gently caress and autistic???

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Is Satan a behaviorist?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
you must understand this is just a BENIGN inclination to write poems or short stories about satanism, come on dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Has anyone here read Aleister Crowley? Is it all as hedonistic gibberish as it seems?