Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Is Satan a behaviorist?

I'd have to look this one up, but I'm gonna say yes. environment determines behavior and satan has clearly made a hell on earth, thus an endless supply of souls. no matter your criteria for proof of satan, be it a violence born of indifference or hate, or gay abortions or whatever, we live in a world with plenty of satan and where else would that satan come from besides satan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SideEffectShit
Oct 10, 2022

by Pragmatica

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Is Satan a behaviorist?

more like deaf and brain-damaged

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

quote:

The roots of contemoporary Satanism can be traced to indigenous folk religions, some still practiced in Third World countries

weird that only the unaligned countries during the cold war still do o.g. satanism.

literal black magic

quote:

If you live in a major city with large Hispanic, Cuban, or Afro-American populations, or if your family comes from one of these heritages, beware of black magic cults that could entice your child's interest. Please do not construe these remarks as racist. They are only intended to recognize cultural, ethnic connections with indigenous forms of black magic.

quote:

Such cautions also apply to Caucasian parents. They should be aware of neo-pagan movements that capitalize upon ancestral links with Scandinavian mythology, Irish and English occultism, and miscellaneous European superstitions. Jewish parents should be concerned with current and past family involvement in cabala (also called kabbala)- an ancient Jewish form of mysticism by which rabbis seek to decipher esoteric meanings in Scripture by assigning numerical values to letters and words.

back to op's question. I mean I guess ask your local pagan, but I think they're only going to be able to reach the local office for satan. they're going to need to go higher up the chain to the head office in africa to get his cellphone number

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Feb 11, 2023

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

vyelkin posted:

my question about satan is: how did it feel to win the stanley cup with the pittsburgh penguins in 2009?

I can't top the jokes that have already been made so I will recuse myself by stating that satanism was published in 1989 and that larson has a blindspot for sports being a popular culture doorway for satan to enter your living room, or mancave as the case may be

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm pretty sure the dungeons and dragons stuff will pan out along similar lines. it's not that d'n'd is overtly or genuinely satanic in any way. handbooks just have pictures of monsters and swords which offend someone's sense of aesthetics. it's bad because it encourages people to use their imaginations and again teenagers have, implied by larson, no ability to differentiate imagination from reality. again, maybe it's some weird fundamentalist bias, this time against fantastical things like burning bushes and angels

I can't top the jokes that have already been made so I will recuse myself by stating that satanism was published in 1989 and that larson has a blindspot for sports being a popular culture doorway for satan to enter your living room, or mancave as the case may be

Satan getting the nerds and the jocks.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Private Cumshoe posted:

Has anyone here read Aleister Crowley? Is it all as hedonistic gibberish as it seems?

Yes. He's mostly famous for being an entertaining buffoon who morons take seriously.

You can basically lump any well-known practitioners into the same boat. Magic isn't real and anyone who pretends that it is is either a huckster or a mark.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Magic isn't real

dude wtf?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ghosts aren't real either.

Sorry, I'm the kind of materialist who hates all the fun stuff.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Of course all ghosts aren’t real. Some ghosts are actually people pretending to be ghosts as part of robberies and various fraud schemes.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

unperceived physical dimensions are real and their influence upon our 3 dimensional perception of reality are unfathomable. fate is permeable and malleable but the only entity, the only being, the only salesman who can control it is bob. magic, making the world conform to your desires is simply a matter of making your desires conform to bob's desires for you

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Of course all ghosts aren’t real. Some ghosts are actually people pretending to be ghosts as part of robberies and various fraud schemes.

Next this idiot will tell us no dogs can talk, even in a silly accent!

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Which tier of slurs does satan draw the line at? Is he cool with saying the N word or just the softer ones like Bitch?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

quote:

"Like all teenagers, I was looking for acceptance," Sean explained. "At thirteen, I had a bad experience with a girl. I was mad at God and shortly thereafter was introduced to a witch who took me in as her apprentice. I ended up praying to Satan and felt a sensation like fingertips touching me everywhere.

quote:

"Then," Sean said, "I became obsessively involved with Dungeons and Dragons. I went frequently to the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' (a rock movie musical based on transvestism, sadomasochism, and other perversions). I met a lot of Satanists there. I identified myself by wearing my left shirtsleeve rolled up and keeping my left pinkie fingernail unclipped and painted black. Through Ninjitsu, I delved into the violent aspects of the martial arts, learning how to conceal weapons and commit assassinations. I once ate the leg off a live frog in biology class.

sounds like satan rolls with a no slurs not even ironically crowd to me

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Weka posted:

Does it have any explanation for why Ozzy Osbourne is a satanist? He's a member of the Church of England, Bob!

that’s not the reason?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sounds like your average edgy high school dork. Except for the frog, gross.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sounds like your average edgy French high school dork.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Sounds like your average edgy French high school dork.

Frog's legs are fine, actually. Not as good as chicken wings, but fine.

But not bitten off of a live frog, that poo poo's cruel and gross.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sounds like your average edgy high school dork. Except for the frog, gross.

you realize the satanic panic thing was all bullshit and that all these accounts where some dipshit staffer at larson's radio program making up bullshit satan and drug infused confessionals for their scripted call in guests. think art bell but insane christian

e: when have you ever seen a live frog in biology class? if there are frogs at all they're preserved

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

you realize the satanic panic thing was all bullshit and that all these accounts where some dipshit staffer at larson's radio program making up bullshit satan and drug infused confessionals for their scripted call in guests. think art bell but insane christian

e: when have you ever seen a live frog in biology class? if there are frogs at all they're preserved

Yeah, it's just so lame. Their idea of the temptations of evil start and end with b-grade cartoon bullshit.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

it's badass that this guy learned ninjutsu. i've been hearing about it for years from guys who want to do MMA and it's probably super badass

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

one of my organic chemistry professors once told me he could stop my heart with a palm strike to the chest, and that it was secretly banned in mma because too many fighters would die

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Weka posted:

Next this idiot will tell us no dogs can talk, even in a silly accent!

Weka
May 5, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

it's badass that this guy learned ninjutsu. i've been hearing about it for years from guys who want to do MMA and it's probably super badass

You probably just stab people from behind.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I have extensive ninja training (played the first three Tenchu games) and I can attest it’s mostly leaving out poison rice balls for your target to stumble across and eat.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
even looking at magic the gathering cards had to go through my dad and he hated the fire elemental one so that was straight out

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Grognan posted:

even looking at magic the gathering cards had to go through my dad and he hated the fire elemental one so that was straight out

current or future satanist right here. how are the bacchanalia?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Grognan posted:

So was your dad just taking out the ones that were actual magic and letting you keep the pretend magic cards?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Can't think of any, no.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dad just wanted to build a deck on the cheap

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Riot Bimbo posted:

What makes people take up an adversary figure largely attested in literature where loss and defeat is more or less rigid fate/prophecy?

Noanswers that hinge on a non-theistic viewpoint

Are underdog stories that seductive?

Even if you are breaking from Christian culture and patriarchy i think there are better ways to do it and better figures to get down with, like ishtar

Satan has nearly unlimited power over the material world that should be seductive enough for power hungry thiests. Especially those who cast him as having stolen or usurped that power.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Trixie Hardcore posted:

So was your dad just taking out the ones that were actual magic and letting you keep the pretend magic cards?

nah it was the horny titted fire elemental he drew the line at, he also had a period where he would censor his baen collection of scifi. seemed to pass over the horny scenes in 1632 tho

no I had no access to magic cards myself, personal possessions and boundaries were for people that paid their own way

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

one of my organic chemistry professors once told me he could stop my heart with a palm strike to the chest, and that it was secretly banned in mma because too many fighters would die

why would the ban be secret

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NeatHeteroDude posted:

You could go watch UFC 2 from 1994 to see a real ninja exponent in action, Scott Morris.

He gets beat up and loses in 30 seconds, UFC used to be so much fun

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

'cause I just got this book

I haven't read it but it's got an index and so far this bob larson fellow seems pretty knowledgeable about the devil.

so if you have questions about satan, ask them here and I'll look up the subject in the index and see what good ol' bob
had to say about the matter

you know we're dealing with a master here, the metal band appendix is 2.5 pages long, half a page is metallica and both of glen danzig's bands come up

Now Sam Hain, that's a f'ing good username

VoL, when I lived in the south I used to get a morbid pleasure from listening to some of the more unhinged preachers I could find on cassette. You would probably enjoy this:

These are by Rev. Paul Olsen, who is/was a big preacher in MN, I think, or WI. It is your basic classic, it's like a best hits of fundamentalism. And as the titles indicate, he also recontexts Jesus as a visitor from outer space, just for shits and giggles. I think Revs. Suzie and Stang have used this very collection in some of their shows. But I wouldn't be surprised if you were already familiar with it.

petit choux has issued a correction as of 14:51 on Feb 13, 2023

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

unperceived physical dimensions are real and their influence upon our 3 dimensional perception of reality are unfathomable. fate is permeable and malleable but the only entity, the only being, the only salesman who can control it is bob. magic, making the world conform to your desires is simply a matter of making your desires conform to bob's desires for you

PB!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

does anyone have King Paimon's phone number or a link to his MySpace page

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Grognan posted:

When I was in middle school I played d&d at this Mormon kids house and his parents heavily edited what we were allowed to do. All wizards and sorcerers had to be evil. The only magic users that we were allowed to play were clerics and bards.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I would like to learn more about our Lord and savior, Satan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

VideoKid posted:

When I was in middle school I played d&d at this Mormon kids house and his parents heavily edited what we were allowed to do. All wizards and sorcerers had to be evil. The only magic users that we were allowed to play were clerics and bards.

What level and class was Joseph Smith when he cast divination spells to find buried tressure?