Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
It’s not my job to educate you on whether I have questions about satan or satanism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Riot Bimbo posted:

What makes people take up an adversary figure largely attested in literature where loss and defeat is more or less rigid fate/prophecy?

Noanswers that hinge on a non-theistic viewpoint

Are underdog stories that seductive?

Even if you are breaking from Christian culture and patriarchy i think there are better ways to do it and better figures to get down with, like ishtar

I think it’s kinda like the Mark Twain story The Mysterious Stranger where people are like “drat devil you suck”. and he is like “ hey you gotta hear my side of the story, you’ve been reading poo poo about me for two thousand years time to set the record straight”.

So the feeling is he is sort of innocent of most of the charges against him, a juvenile-delinquent whose emotionally unavailable father kicks him out of the house instead of actually just being there for him. A sympathetic and complicated guy who can either be your angle or your devel.

Turtle Watch has issued a correction as of 11:48 on Feb 11, 2023