Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
'cause I just got this book

I haven't read it but it's got an index and so far this bob larson fellow seems pretty knowledgeable about the devil.

so if you have questions about satan, ask them here and I'll look up the subject in the index and see what good ol' bob
had to say about the matter

you know we're dealing with a master here, the metal band appendix is 2.5 pages long, half a page is metallica and both of glen danzig's bands come up

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Feb 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

how does satanism help short men get laid

according to bob larson, the answer is child sexual abuse

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
library genesis has 4 books by bob larson up, including jezebel: defeating your #1 spiritual enemy and larson's book of spiritual warfare but it sadly does not have his satanism book

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 03:54 on Feb 11, 2023

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

leo louis martello, director of the witches' anti-defamation league posted:

True witchcraft has been a persecuted minority religion. They are now coming out of their broom closets and fighting back.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

but how fuckable is Satan?

not finding that in the index.

quote:

In addition to the books of LaVey, members are encouraged to read the writings of Ayn Rand, Frederic Nietzsche and Machiavelli because of the emhasis these authors put upon excelling through human potential. Three basic rituals are performed: Sexual rituals to satisfy eroticism..

still nothing about satan, but satanists sound like they're so insufferable that the only way they can get laid is by mandating it through ritual. so I guess it's kind of like the dsa

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Weka posted:

Does it have any explanation for why Ozzy Osbourne is a satanist? He's a member of the Church of England, Bob!

quote:

Black Sabbath's initial album featured a witch on the front cover and a black upside-down cross inside the fold-out front cover. The cover for their album "Born Again" featured a red, demonic baby spouting claws on its fingers and horns on its head......A fifteen-year-old Michigan youth put a shotgun to his brother's head, blew his brains out, and told the authorities, "Black Sabbath made me do it."

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
larson's argument isn't that metal dudes are satanists. it's that their ironic use of satanic imagery is itself bad and dangerous because teenagers, who are old enough to make his burgers at dairy queen, can't tell the difference between irony or fiction and hard dictates for life. this may be the result of a fundamentalist mentality which treats a collection of parables as the legit word of god. so, no, slayer aren't going to dig up and skull gently caress the dead to condemn their souls to eternal damnation to further the glory of the dark lord, but they're bad people for making songs about it because teenagers are going to think they're serious. considering mr. bungle were huge teenage slayer disciples, I think larson may be smarter than any of us are giving him credit for

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I'm pretty sure the dungeons and dragons stuff will pan out along similar lines. it's not that d'n'd is overtly or genuinely satanic in any way. handbooks just have pictures of monsters and swords which offend someone's sense of aesthetics. it's bad because it encourages people to use their imaginations and again teenagers have, implied by larson, no ability to differentiate imagination from reality. again, maybe it's some weird fundamentalist bias, this time against fantastical things like burning bushes and angels

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
uh.. I think I might have this one figured out but I need some clarification. would you say that, geographically, you're more voodoo, santeria or macumba?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Riot Bimbo posted:

What makes people take up an adversary figure largely attested in literature where loss and defeat is more or less rigid fate/prophecy?

Noanswers that hinge on a non-theistic viewpoint

Are underdog stories that seductive?

Even if you are breaking from Christian culture and patriarchy i think there are better ways to do it and better figures to get down with, like ishtar

larson's answer has already been sussed out by your fellow posters, ie., teenagers, rebellion, family alienation. but it is worth noting that material anaylsis of the problem is compicated because the cdc's methodology for recording and reporting of satanism is dubious at best. statistics about kids killing themselves under dokken posters and statistics about ritual murder are both rolled under "satanic violence" and not treated as categorically separate despite having radically different material causes and requiring radically different methods for abatement

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Cerebral Bore posted:

best i can give ya is finno-ugric shamanism

book and computer are in the bedroom, the wife's sleeping in, and you know what they say about sleeping dragons amIrightfellahs

from memory, I'll type the passage out later, scandanavians, along with jews, are cautioned against the demonic rolodex that is folk religion (east asians and arabs are not mentioned, presumably because they are naturally immune to satan's charms). note that there's a short passage saying "oh yeah, you all can catch the satan too" for various non eurochristian folks contrasted with 5 pages split between 3 subdivisions for the afrocaribean occult no-nos. feel free to make of that what you will

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Is Satan a behaviorist?

I'd have to look this one up, but I'm gonna say yes. environment determines behavior and satan has clearly made a hell on earth, thus an endless supply of souls. no matter your criteria for proof of satan, be it a violence born of indifference or hate, or gay abortions or whatever, we live in a world with plenty of satan and where else would that satan come from besides satan?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

quote:

The roots of contemoporary Satanism can be traced to indigenous folk religions, some still practiced in Third World countries

weird that only the unaligned countries during the cold war still do o.g. satanism.

literal black magic

quote:

If you live in a major city with large Hispanic, Cuban, or Afro-American populations, or if your family comes from one of these heritages, beware of black magic cults that could entice your child's interest. Please do not construe these remarks as racist. They are only intended to recognize cultural, ethnic connections with indigenous forms of black magic.

quote:

Such cautions also apply to Caucasian parents. They should be aware of neo-pagan movements that capitalize upon ancestral links with Scandinavian mythology, Irish and English occultism, and miscellaneous European superstitions. Jewish parents should be concerned with current and past family involvement in cabala (also called kabbala)- an ancient Jewish form of mysticism by which rabbis seek to decipher esoteric meanings in Scripture by assigning numerical values to letters and words.

back to op's question. I mean I guess ask your local pagan, but I think they're only going to be able to reach the local office for satan. they're going to need to go higher up the chain to the head office in africa to get his cellphone number

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Feb 11, 2023

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

vyelkin posted:

my question about satan is: how did it feel to win the stanley cup with the pittsburgh penguins in 2009?

I can't top the jokes that have already been made so I will recuse myself by stating that satanism was published in 1989 and that larson has a blindspot for sports being a popular culture doorway for satan to enter your living room, or mancave as the case may be

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
unperceived physical dimensions are real and their influence upon our 3 dimensional perception of reality are unfathomable. fate is permeable and malleable but the only entity, the only being, the only salesman who can control it is bob. magic, making the world conform to your desires is simply a matter of making your desires conform to bob's desires for you

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

quote:

"Like all teenagers, I was looking for acceptance," Sean explained. "At thirteen, I had a bad experience with a girl. I was mad at God and shortly thereafter was introduced to a witch who took me in as her apprentice. I ended up praying to Satan and felt a sensation like fingertips touching me everywhere.

quote:

"Then," Sean said, "I became obsessively involved with Dungeons and Dragons. I went frequently to the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' (a rock movie musical based on transvestism, sadomasochism, and other perversions). I met a lot of Satanists there. I identified myself by wearing my left shirtsleeve rolled up and keeping my left pinkie fingernail unclipped and painted black. Through Ninjitsu, I delved into the violent aspects of the martial arts, learning how to conceal weapons and commit assassinations. I once ate the leg off a live frog in biology class.

sounds like satan rolls with a no slurs not even ironically crowd to me

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Sounds like your average edgy high school dork. Except for the frog, gross.

you realize the satanic panic thing was all bullshit and that all these accounts where some dipshit staffer at larson's radio program making up bullshit satan and drug infused confessionals for their scripted call in guests. think art bell but insane christian

e: when have you ever seen a live frog in biology class? if there are frogs at all they're preserved

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Grognan posted:

even looking at magic the gathering cards had to go through my dad and he hated the fire elemental one so that was straight out

current or future satanist right here. how are the bacchanalia?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Turtle Sandbox posted:

I would like to learn more about our Lord and savior, Satan!

that's not exactly a question, but everyone's search for satanic truth has value so I flipped to a passage at random. we get some choice inspirational words from bob larson

quote:

Hate may be winning temporarily in your life, but it doesn't win in the world. Hate loses every time a new baby is born. Hate is defeated each time a doctor performs an operation and restores someone's life.

and a snappy retort from Slayer fan David that would get him banned on the forums, which should serve as a good reminder that while satan may be mighty even his strength has limits and his power, boundaries.

quote:

Personally, I think the whole world deserves to die!" David exclaimed. "You don't deserve to live. I'm not going to kill you, but you should kill yourself. Satanists who worship my god are the only ones who deserve to live."

in closing

quote:

If your child embraces the paranormal.....quickly warn him that the idea of possesing boundless untapped powers of the soul is as old as Eden. Admonish him against assuming such forces are a kind of biocosmic energy like The Force of "Star Wars." It doesn't matter whether psychic abilities come from the soul or Satan. Their lure of pride and power is self-destructive, occult enticements into more threatening facets of the slippery side of Satanism.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
gosh darn bob larson how do you do it. I mean, like, every single page, every single subject

quote:

The writings of Carlos Castaneda, whose books give glowing tales of pharmacological indulgence through the sorcerer Don Juan, have provided a societal backdrop for drugs and Satanism. Castaneda,..., idealizes black magic practices of human-animal communication and sprll-casting. He points out that all such occult procedures are possible under the influence of hallucinogenic drugs such as psilocybin and peyote. Many teenagers have read his books and imitate Castaneda's fusion of the occult and narcotics.

quote:

Before fourteen-year-old Tommy Sullivan, the teen Satanist murderer we will meet in Chapter 8, killed his mother and committed suicide, he made a pact with the devil. "I will tempt teenagers on earth to have sex, have incest, and do drugs," he wrote.

archive comes through. here's the magazine article the above cites. it's the book of shadows article. also life in hell on the cover

https://archive.org/details/spin-38-august-1988

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg5qmaiiYys&t=620s

The Voice of Labor has issued a correction as of 05:00 on Feb 14, 2023

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
there is no war but the spiritual war

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
the spin article's real good too, yo

quote:

Police in many areas have gone so far as to organize Satan Squads. Now, anytime a homocide (sic) is especially savage or a teen suicide is seemingly inexplicable, the police stake out the Prince of Darkness.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
p' sure anything that involves imagination is satan.

you know what is absolutely not an idle edge case of satanism though? jojo's bizarre adventure

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

unknown butthole posted:

He might be on to something. I have played D&D for years, listen to heavy metal, even all those specific bands, love horror movies, and wear upside down crosses and inverted pentagrams all the time and I think Satan rules.

if this book has taught me anything, it's that the people who like satan who also have extremely religious upbringings are the ones you have to watch out for. there's an inherent bias in the content, satan being a christian thing, and in the reporting, larson hosting a religion call-in show. still seems like a good maxim though

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
checked the book. nothing about air guitars. closest I could find is air grimoires

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Buck Wildman posted:

agnosticism is atheism for middle schoolers

ftfy

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.

likewise with worshipers of war loosers, such as the confederacy, nazi germany and the united states. their "reigning in hell" is just seeing everything destroyed and everyone dead

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
the satan book only references jesus once and it's the slayer song "jesus saves"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Weka posted:

Why does the coward satan refuse my challenge to fight?

dude's busy

quote:

The Real Ghostbusters

Like games designed for younger players, The Real Ghostbusters is heavy on visuals and light on intrigue. The game board is accompanied by some minor construction involving an elaborate stairway, buildings, a knight with an axe, and a "ghost trap". The object of is to collect four Ghost Cards and be the first to close the rap at the top of the stairs. Though a seemingly harmless game, it functions on the presumption that ghosts are "catchable."

Contact with the dead is assumed, as well as encounters with ghoulish goblins. Players roll a skull down the shaft when their turn ends on a Skull Space. Though the game's premise is pure fantasy, it implies that poltergeists are not to be taken seriously and supernatural manifestations are child's play. This idea is not overtly evil, but meshes well with our culture's message that satanic realities are humorous and legendary, not authentic dangers.