Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Riot Bimbo posted:

What makes people take up an adversary figure largely attested in literature where loss and defeat is more or less rigid fate/prophecy?

Noanswers that hinge on a non-theistic viewpoint

Are underdog stories that seductive?

Even if you are breaking from Christian culture and patriarchy i think there are better ways to do it and better figures to get down with, like ishtar

You have to wear clothes to church but satanic mass is clothing optional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'm pretty sure the dungeons and dragons stuff will pan out along similar lines. it's not that d'n'd is overtly or genuinely satanic in any way. handbooks just have pictures of monsters and swords which offend someone's sense of aesthetics. it's bad because it encourages people to use their imaginations and again teenagers have, implied by larson, no ability to differentiate imagination from reality. again, maybe it's some weird fundamentalist bias, this time against fantastical things like burning bushes and angels

The Voice of Labor posted:

I can't top the jokes that have already been made so I will recuse myself by stating that satanism was published in 1989 and that larson has a blindspot for sports being a popular culture doorway for satan to enter your living room, or mancave as the case may be

Satan getting the nerds and the jocks.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Magic isn't real

dude wtf?

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Of course all ghosts aren’t real. Some ghosts are actually people pretending to be ghosts as part of robberies and various fraud schemes.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I have extensive ninja training (played the first three Tenchu games) and I can attest it’s mostly leaving out poison rice balls for your target to stumble across and eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Grognan posted:

even looking at magic the gathering cards had to go through my dad and he hated the fire elemental one so that was straight out

So was your dad just taking out the ones that were actual magic and letting you keep the pretend magic cards?