Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
i think i am going to go have fun. i am going to go to the shopping center and walk around target. it smells like popcorn here. i will not buy anything. that was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Voice of Labor posted:

work's 45 miles away. it takes 22 gallons of gas a week just to get me and my suv to work and back. imagine burning 22 gallons of gasoline, and all the waste and pollution and stuff required to extract, refine and transport it. like, imagine doing that over the course of a couple years or even a life time. I do it every week

you're pathetic. you waste your time and money instead of just moving to the city you work in. Idiot

Indiana
Feb 28, 2003
We named the dog Indiana!
I mow the lawn mid-week. My days off are Wednesday and Thursday. All the M-Ferson my street have to stew until the weekend 🙃. I am a mod for Nextdoor.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ok kids, we're going to McDonald's for dinner tonight. Everyone pile in the Tahoe for the half-mile drive!!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

carry on then posted:

Ok kids, we're going to McDonald's for dinner tonight. Everyone pile in the Tahoe for the half-mile drive!!

a half mile is 5 blocks. A 15-20 minute walk. Probably longer if you have children. Not impossible but probably a pain in the rear end. It would have been better if you said a 45 minute drive

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

a half mile is 5 blocks. A 15-20 minute walk. Probably longer if you have children. Not impossible but probably a pain in the rear end. It would have been better if you said a 45 minute drive

*Trudges down unkempt grass verge. Cars shoot by at 70kph. A policeman pulls over to make sure we're not homeless without a license*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Strategic Tea posted:

*Trudges down unkempt grass verge. Cars shoot by at 70kph. A policeman pulls over to make sure we're not homeless without a license*

exactly. move to a city rear end in a top hat

I left out the comma intentionally

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Today is spaghetti day
gently caress you my kid loves spaghetti day

(also tomato sauce is an excellent way to trojan horse broccoli into a kid if you blend the poo poo out of it)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wtf is horse broccoli and why would you put it in a condom

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
Yeah I got a dog and should probably walk it OR I can just let it loose in the same quarter acre yard it sees everyday and get crap all over it while simultaneously never socializing it with any other dogs or people

I loving hate suburban dog owners

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
There was a post a few years ago on these very forums I believe about how jogging for fitness was bullshit because it was a pain to drive to the park any time you wanted to do it

I don't know if his complaint was because he lived in such a suburban hellscape that traversal on foot was literally impossible or if he was just a giant moron

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Tbf jogging on grass or at least earth is a way better experience than jogging on blacktop or cobbles

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sudonim posted:

There was a post a few years ago on these very forums I believe about how jogging for fitness was bullshit because it was a pain to drive to the park any time you wanted to do it

I don't know if his complaint was because he lived in such a suburban hellscape that traversal on foot was literally impossible or if he was just a giant moron

there are almost zero sidewalks in my burb

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what is it exactly you are getting out of this thread? just a dopamine hit when you aggropost at jokes?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

carry on then posted:

what is it exactly you are getting out of this thread? just a dopamine hit when you aggropost at jokes?

yeah.
Do you not know where you are?

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I grew too many tomatoes and zucchinis in my backyard garden. I will leave the extras out on a little table by the road with a sign that says “Free veggies! Just picked today. Grown organic in the back yard.” People walking their dog will take some and make them for dinner. Someone will leave a note on the back of a ShopRite receipt telling me that they have a pepper garden and theyd like to trade tomatoes for peppers and that they have many different kinds.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Extends serial killer spree to Mumpy Puffinz.

The neighbours know, they cover for me.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

carry on then posted:

he's mad because his hydrocephalic sperm didn't have the tail strength to worm their way effectively into bloodfart mccoy's wife's ovum

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Extra row of tits posted:

Extends serial killer spree to Mumpy Puffinz.

The neighbours know, they cover for me.

Great. Now I have three serial killers after me

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
It is summertime. I am trimming my bushes in the front lawn. My neighbor is mowing his lawn. I hit a wasp nest that i did not know was in the bushes. Some wasps fly out and they sting me and I yell. My neighbor gets off of his John Deere lawnmower and comes over to ask if I am okay. I tell him that there are bees, but they have already stung him too. I feel responsible for this.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

“People on the main drag aren’t maintaining their fences and it looks terrible! Why isn’t the HoA doing anything about this?”

“Violation: you are not permitted to place your garbage cans within visibility of the street. You have ten days to remediate this or a fine will be imposed.”

“I saw some teenagers smoking weed on the path behind the soccer fields at the amenity center! I called the non emergency number and they said they’d increase police presence at our amenity center.”

“The electric company came and put new lights in our street lamps and they are TOO BRIGHT! Message me if you are affected by this as I am going to complain!”

“Traffic out of this neighborhood is obscene! It’s all the school traffic! Put your kid on the bus like the rest of us!”

“The merge lane at the gate is for MERGING, not stopping and waiting for someone to let you in people.”

All of these are real and posted to the neighborhood Facebook page.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Did you hear one of the guys on the HoA board got a DUI?! I’ve been saying that guys been shady for a while!

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

The house across the street and three down has been for sale for two months. I do not know the current residents, which I consider to be a good thing, and I am nervous about who may buy the place. My wife somehow uses the internet to discover that the house has sold. I anxiously wait to see who moves in, but nobody does. The front landscaping gets a makeover from a team of day laborers. The house sells again a few months later for 75k more than it first sold for. The new occupants are from New York City. They are a young couple with a little girl and a golden retriever. I introduce myself and say that we will get together when the weather is good, but we never do.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wonder if bill got a better lease on his infinity than me. I know that piece of poo poo doesn’t have a sunroof. I have a sunroof. I just have a feeling he did though. Always driving around on that riding lawnmower. His yard isn’t even that big. He either doesn’t have a wife or I’ve never seen her. Maybe she’s too ugly to come outside. My wife is so much better looking. I wonder if he’s loving my wife because his wife is so ugly. I’m gonna ask him some day. That piece of poo poo with loving e-razor setting 2 beard and his loving casual dockers, must have some tech job. Well tech this out bill, keep your dick out of my wife. Your infinity sucks and I saw a dandelion in your front yard you shithead bitch. Im watching your moves bill, don’t gently caress up. :catstare:

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
*hears some firecrackers on 4th of July*
*posts on Nextdoor*
"Be careful! I've been hearing gunshots all night. Must be the new thugs who moved in down the street."

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

I hear gunshots frequently, but they are from the outdoor shooting range at the police station down the street. They remind me that I am safe.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

in seriousness, do suburbs exist outside of america?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
poo poo, we're out of milk. The kids are gonna work themselves into a tizzy if they don't get their Cap'n Crunch tomorrow... better hop in the Ford F-250 to make the thirty-minute drive to Sam's Club. Geeze, look at the price tag on this gallon of milk, it's a whole half dollar more expensive than it was a year ago. Between groceries and gas, I can barely pay off my truck lease and my mortgage—thanks a lot, BRANDON. I'll just toss the milk jug in the bed of the truck. Thirty minutes back... I'd better queue up some Yellowstone to watch on my way home.

JESUS gently caress that kid came out of nowhere! What the gently caress was she thinking jaywalking like that (wait, is that a crosswalk)?? poo poo poo poo poo poo. No, there's nobody around... nobody... just keep on driving... keep on driving.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Better roll coal in some liberals and whine when. The government gives out fre needles but you know I'm in this poo poo once the government's giving out PPE

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*drives to a gym to exercise*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

*drives to a gym to exercise*

please don't lie to these people

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
gently caress, did my mom say she lives on Elm or Oak St.? All these shitboxes look the same, it's like a revolving background from a Hannah-Barbara cartoon. Wait, was that it? Oak... Lane? But there's Elm Circle, across from Elm Place?

Of course there's nothing on Google maps, loving new construction rabbit warren.

Great, it's a cellular dead zone too. Why is it so dark, where are the street lights?

gently caress, I'm lost, I can't even remember the name of this place. Eagle Grove? Hawk Crest? Elmwood? I can see the highway lights in the distance, but no roads connect from here.

It's 9:00 all the porch lights are off. There are pathlights leading to houses, but the numbers are off. 316 is next to 1668, which is across the street from 688?

What kind of name is Pjohnsen? And why are there three of them in a row?

It's quiet now. Too quiet and the radio isn't working. I left with a full tank, but now the light's on. Where am I?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm gonna gently caress my neighbors wife

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Noped out of the suburbia and now I live in a shoebox but don't have to spend my non-working hours driving in gridlock anymore. Suck it suburbanmailuires!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Voice of Labor posted:

in seriousness, do suburbs exist outside of america?

Yes

E: Canada

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
I haven't seen that car before. It looks a little suspicious, why is it driving so slow? Oh, it's the neighbor's kid visiting, well they better not park in front of my house.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I have received a letter from the HOA because I have "clovers in my grass".

Meanwhile the guy at the end of the street has been blocking 300 feet of sidewalk for over a month to store over a dozen pallets of various construction materials for his side business.

This is a true story.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

living in the sinister looking mansion on the hill overlooking the suburb. occasionally releasing brain manipulation gas into the valley bellow

Incelshok Na
Jul 2, 2020

by Hand Knit

sudonim posted:

I'm pretty sure that was Muerte. Every year I too walk the walk of Muerte: the walk of death. it is a nice park in marin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I love going into the city to do tik tok dances on the subway tracks