Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It's been like a month since the neighbor mowed his lawn - I'm gonna call the county and get them fined because I get a thrill from passive aggression and bureaucratic pedantry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tom's kids left their bikes on the lawn. YES I CAN SEE that they are hanging out on the porch five feet away but I'm going to call the gated security guards to come by and give them a citation.

I've been thinking about joining the HOA board so I'm the authority of this cul de sac.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What Church y'all go to? Oh no way! Us too!

Now we usually go to the 7am Sunday school run by Shirley and Walt Johnston for the 55+ crowd and then the 10:30 service to hear Pastor Russell. Every other Sunday I'll usher for the 11:45 service while Patricia performs in the woman's choir. Patricia also directs the Children's Choir, 'His Little Lambs' we call them, at the 8:45 service. My uncle, Eugene, is an Elder so he meets with the other Elders at 6:20am for the Men over 75 group.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

bitterandtwisted posted:

Do Americans call small towns in rural areas like in Hot Fuzz "suburbs"?
We'd only use the term for outlying residential parts of large towns

We use the terms the same here in the US. We have rural towns that are just towns still. Sometimes a town that was once rural gets enveloped by a metro as it grows, and it still has its original 'historic town center' in the middle of a sea of sprawl.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Oh. My. God. Look at this adorbs little Main Street! It's so quaint and just bustling with all sorts of people. So many little shops with so many different things and you can just walk 20 seconds from one to the other. Such a fun outing!!

Oops, look at the time. Kids, it's time to make the 45 minute drive back to our suburban home. I've got a City Council meeting to protest because some loving hippy is proposing "reducing parking minimums" and "building infrastructure that isn't dedicated to cars". Blech. Can you imagine living in such a hell hole??

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

I'm convinced it only exists so you can take the free ferry around the statue of liberty

when wife and I went to NYC in 2012 we had the option of a statue of liberty tour boattide for $120 or something. we naively thought 'lets just jump on this ferry that turned up out of nowhere, looks like it will be cheap like the subway'. it was the staten island ferry and it loving owned, the people watching was way more entertaining than lady liberty

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

git apologist posted:

when wife and I went to NYC in 2012 we had the option of a statue of liberty tour boattide for $120 or something. we naively thought 'lets just jump on this ferry that turned up out of nowhere, looks like it will be cheap like the subway'. it was the staten island ferry and it loving owned, the people watching was way more entertaining than lady liberty

I am so sorry you went to Staten Island

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

we got on the ferry and went straight back, there was no visible reason to leave the ferry terminal when we got to staten island

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

git apologist posted:

we got on the ferry and went straight back, there was no visible reason to leave the ferry terminal when we got to staten island

lol

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

every year our yearly vacation is to go to disney world and ride the same rides over and over again until our adult children stop talking to us only to return a final time and toss our ashes out on the haunted mansion ride.

we belong to the vacuum cleaners now.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Hi its your neighbour. My son, who is a cop by the way, just checked out that street library you have at the front of your house. He noticed that you've only got a single R.A. Salvstore in there.

Now I don't mean to kick up a fuss but do you really think it's wise to introduce innocent bystanders to the Legend of Drizzt midway through The Legacy of the Drow trilogy?

I dunno, seems irresponsible to me, my son thinks it might be grounds for arrest in skme states but he hasn't looked into it, yet.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Why am I not allowed to own a rooster? (based on a true story)

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

neato burrito posted:

do tell...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMh1b8eUxtY

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

neato burrito posted:

I was just in Rural King thinking about how bad-assed it would be to have a couple of turkeys roaming the property. Big Security Tom Turkeys.

naem
May 29, 2011

… dad??

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Spends 35 years killing neighbourhood pets, the occasional hobo, commits sex crimes.

Is much admired personality with large group of friends and admiring persons. Honoured by the neighbourhood association and routinely has almost strangers ask him to watch kids.

Gets caught by fluke.

“I always new there was something about that guy.. I never trusted him”

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
That car just flew pas me! This is a residential area where children, my children, play in the streets. I am going to turn around and give them what for! I don't care if they were actually driving the speed limit. I feel like they were going too fast, and that's what matters here. Yelling at them through my car window will most assuredly make them drive slower in the future.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

My neighbor had a very, very vocal rooster. This was actually the second rooster they'd owned but the first one would rarely cock-a-doodle-doo. Maybe once or twice a day. Fine. Even though it was against the HOA rules, I'm not narcing on them for that. New rooster was an rear end in a top hat and went off all hours of the day and night, for stretches at a time. I had to swallow my pride and summon my inner Karen; made a call and an online report to the HOA about it after a couple of weeks. It was gone shortly after. Rag on me all you want for not talking to them first; they're very private and rarely even do the "neighbor you don't talk to but at least say hello to" that I'm frankly, awesome at.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

neato burrito posted:

My neighbor had a very, very vocal rooster. This was actually the second rooster they'd owned but the first one would rarely cock-a-doodle-doo. Maybe once or twice a day. Fine. Even though it was against the HOA rules, I'm not narcing on them for that. New rooster was an rear end in a top hat and went off all hours of the day and night, for stretches at a time. I had to swallow my pride and summon my inner Karen; made a call and an online report to the HOA about it after a couple of weeks. It was gone shortly after. Rag on me all you want for not talking to them first; they're very private and rarely even do the "neighbor you don't talk to but at least say hello to" that I'm frankly, awesome at.

You should get a rooster.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Zeniel posted:

Hi its your neighbour. My son, who is a cop by the way, just checked out that street library you have at the front of your house. He noticed that you've only got a single R.A. Salvstore in there.

Now I don't mean to kick up a fuss but do you really think it's wise to introduce innocent bystanders to the Legend of Drizzt midway through The Legacy of the Drow trilogy?

I dunno, seems irresponsible to me, my son thinks it might be grounds for arrest in skme states but he hasn't looked into it, yet.

Oddly, this is exactly how I got my copy of the initial Drizzt trilogy.

But I'm not a teenager anymore. That thing is never getting read.

but I ain't giving it back

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

neato burrito posted:

No you did the right thing. gently caress having to explain to adults who should know better that they / their pets need to shut the flying gently caress up.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

its all nice on rice posted:

That car just flew pas me! This is a residential area where children, my children, play in the streets. I am going to turn around and give them what for! I don't care if they were actually driving the speed limit. I feel like they were going too fast, and that's what matters here. Yelling at them through my car window will most assuredly make them drive slower in the future.

Have you tried putting a homemade speed limit sign on your fence

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
im a NIMBY when it comes to roosters. i will defend to the death everyone's right to have one but the second i hear one of those motherfuckers even squeak before dawn in my neighborhood i'm going nuclear.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I'm painting a image of a child on my rubbish bin, that'll slow em down

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Smugworth posted:

Have you tried putting a homemade speed limit sign on your fence

SLOW DOWN YOUR CHILDREN

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Alucard posted:

It's been like a month since the neighbor mowed his lawn - I'm gonna call the county and get them fined because I get a thrill from passive aggression and bureaucratic pedantry

I was making my rounds the other day as a proud volunteer community enforcer and noticed the young family across the way have let their grass grow a whole half inch too high. I measured it myself with my handy dandy ruler. loving lazy millennials. Hope they enjoy the passive aggressive note I nailed to their door.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
the neighbor didn't like how tall my hedges were so i took a chainsaw to them

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

the neighbor didn't like how tall my hedges were so i took a chainsaw to them

the neighbor or the hedges

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Deleted

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 22, 2023

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Tattling on a rooster

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hello, HOA??

Yes. I was wondering if you could use the hundreds of dollars a month i give you to tell my neighbor to silence his bird during daylight hours. I simply cant be hosed to talk to them in person

You can't?

Oh. Ok.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 22, 2023

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol, of course somebody defends the psycho with a pack of roosters in a residential community

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Brother Tadger posted:

Lol, of course somebody defends the psycho with a pack of roosters in a residential community

I read it as one singular rooster and not a cabal of evil avian crooners but i might be wrong

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

The Voice of Labor posted:

in seriousness, do suburbs exist outside of america?

Suburbs exist anywhere a city does I would say. But they don't look like american suburbs.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yes, officer, I'd like to report some out of control teens. Trick or treat ends at 8 pm here, and it's currently 7:50. Some teens I don't recognize are "hip hopping" around my house right now, blaring music, and wearing disguises. Can you get a squad car down here?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’ll shoot any sumbitch that comes over here complainin about my rooster

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

No, this isn't part of Chicago, yes we are technically in the Chicago Metropolitan Area. But if you say that I live in Chicago again, I will shoot you with my conceal carry. Yes there isn't an actual geographic barrier that separates us from Chicago, it's all just one solid blob of suburbia. But I hardly see why that matters.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

*calls the cops on a person of color walking by*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Did you see the good news? They're putting an Applebee's in the old shopping plaza where Chili's used to be! Finally, we'll have somewhere nice to eat. Right now, it's just that family-owned Chinese place, the traditional Mexican restaurant, and that Thai place. Yuck-o!