Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

neato burrito posted:

My neighbor had a very, very vocal rooster. This was actually the second rooster they'd owned but the first one would rarely cock-a-doodle-doo. Maybe once or twice a day. Fine. Even though it was against the HOA rules, I'm not narcing on them for that. New rooster was an rear end in a top hat and went off all hours of the day and night, for stretches at a time. I had to swallow my pride and summon my inner Karen; made a call and an online report to the HOA about it after a couple of weeks. It was gone shortly after. Rag on me all you want for not talking to them first; they're very private and rarely even do the "neighbor you don't talk to but at least say hello to" that I'm frankly, awesome at.
You did nothing wrong. Getting a rooster in a (sub)urban area is sociopathic behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Squealing is always wrong.

The correct solution would have been to eat the rooster.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
drat neighbor kid parked a little bit in front of our house again. Where did we put those fake parking ticket stickers?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hey Barb? Barb? Did you see the new neighbors? They don't have kids, I'm not even sure if they're married. We better keep an eye on them.

naem
May 29, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

Suburbs exist anywhere a city does I would say. But they don't look like american suburbs.

one of the key elements of many us suburbs is the fact they are or were new developments

sometimes there is a small town in place already or sometimes they start from scratch, but developers buy big plots and subdivide them into distinct legal plots they build houses on to then sell to people

you end up with these cookie cutter new houses and tons of traffic and then little shopping centers get built because people live there now, and there are a lot of unintended consequences like,

how do thousands of people suddenly moving somewhere all get to work in the morning? where do their kids go to school?

also the developers just want to make money so corners can get cut

and the fact that it’s not new forever and neighborhoods age sometimes poorly, so new developments get built for new people to buy new looking houses

it’s an artifact of the former wealth average people once had post ww2 where everyone could buy a house

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

cat botherer posted:

You did nothing wrong. Getting a rooster in a (sub)urban area is sociopathic behavior.

What about sheep though

https://i.imgur.com/C2noc1k.mp4

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Bring the whole zoo and the circus too, that's the only reason to live in suburbia

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Paid 5k to have a deck built that I will use once or twice a year.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I complained to the HOA that the deck T Bowl built didn't use HOA approved railings.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey there, neighbor!

Just so you know I'm getting my basement sealed, tile put in and a nice big drain in the middle.

Why don't you come over next time the wife is out of town. Tell her you're going to visit your parents, y'know, as a joke!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*sees neighbor doing yardwork*

Doing a little yardwork eh? :grin:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm remodeling the bathroom for the 3rd time in 10 years. Once we get this paid off I can finally die.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

A Fancy Hat posted:

I'm remodeling the bathroom for the 3rd time in 10 years. Once we get this paid off I can finally die.

Make sure to throw in some shiplap during that remodel. You'll have the nicest bathroom on the block.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
We just remodelled, too! Took down all the pesky interior walls, now we've got a combined kitchen/dining room/office/playroom/living room, it's real loud and kinda smelly when someone's cooking and it's hard to hear the TV and christ I just can't get any loving privacy from my loving kids or my loving wife but you know, it's supposed to make the resale value go up, so, what are you gonna do? Anyways, I'm gonna go take my eighth fake poo poo of the day, catch you later!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
That mother fucker with the corner lot better starting diagonal cutting his grass. Looks a tad dry too

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

We just remodelled, too! Took down all the pesky interior walls, now we've got a combined kitchen/dining room/office/playroom/living room, it's real loud and kinda smelly when someone's cooking and it's hard to hear the TV and christ I just can't get any loving privacy from my loving kids or my loving wife but you know, it's supposed to make the resale value go up, so, what are you gonna do? Anyways, I'm gonna go take my eighth fake poo poo of the day, catch you later!
Same, so I just turned my garage into a man cave. Lets me get away from the ol' ball and chain.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

T Bowl posted:

Paid 5k to have a deck built that I will use once or twice a year.

In the year 2000 maybe.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I grow native wildflowers and pass out seeds to the community at the neighborhood pool. Little do they know that only I have the antidote.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

kntfkr posted:

In the year 2000 maybe.

truth. the people that owned my house built a deck using pressurized wood in an arid environment and they paid a hobo a plate of biscuits to do it. i now have a deck full of planks that look dilbert's ties and it is gonna cost me 15k to fix.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
yelled at my dog for no reason

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Yelled at my spouse for no reason

naem
May 29, 2011

house in neighborhood that was considered the nice neighborhood 30+ years ago but is now considered the aging single family home neighborhood where most haven’t been maintained well and are selling cheaply in poor condition

the new nice neighborhood is in a poppin’ fresh subdivision of mcmansions (that will age badly and not be nice in 30 years)

retirement aged couple insists they are still the upper crust locally and genuinely don’t understand why the new family across the street want to work on cars in their yard and leave parts laying around

it’s not snootiness even, they genuinely don’t understand the concept of saving money by doing your own car repairs, or that the world doesn’t revolve around them and their perception of social status

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

thin blue whine posted:

im a NIMBY when it comes to roosters. i will defend to the death everyone's right to have one but the second i hear one of those motherfuckers even squeak before dawn in my neighborhood i'm going nuclear.

would you really die so your neighbour could own a rooster

that is so noble

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I am from a really bad neighborhood where there was a lot of solidarity among the residents because thats how you survive when you are poor. Also you don't always have a lot to do so you just kinda chill with eachother.

I live in the burbs now and like its a ghost town even though when I go for a walk I see people looking at me out of their windows.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Hey, I noticed you don't have a blue light on your porch. We support the police in this neighborhood.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtube.com/shorts/FmjCm2u-q-o?feature=share

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
The water pipes in our neighborhood are all starting to burst at the same time because they're made out of old material that's finally giving out after the latest cold snap. Naturally instead of working together to find affordable repairs on the house-side pipes, everyone is just snitching on each other whenever someone turns their water back on to flush a toilet

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/ZXmEdUykdUM

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Driving my truck to the big box store, better take 3 minutes to carefully back into this parking spot and block people trying to park sanely so I can see better when pulling out, it's so hard seeing all the way up here, I don't want to hit any pedestrians. No, I don't intend on buying anything to put in the truck bed, which makes it all the more convenient to park this way, good luck to anyone else trying to see pedestrians when pulling out over my truck cab after parking like not an rear end in a top hat. I guess they should have just bought a truck :shrug:

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
just berated my wife for a full 30-minutes for not putting the Scotts brand fertilizer on the lawn in a perfectly spread-out latticework of tiny poisonous pellets like i specifically told her to do

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

just berated my wife for a full 30-minutes for not putting the Scotts brand fertilizer on the lawn in a perfectly spread-out latticework of tiny poisonous pellets like i specifically told her to do

I'm your HOA administrator. Those tiny poisonous pellets you like. I don't like them. Not allowed anymore

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Doing my weekly grocery shopping at the Fry's in the exurbs because I don't like our Fry's and this one's newer and has shaded parking.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wistfully thinking about my younger days living in the city, knee deep in trim and nights out with my bros. Sure, the house and yard is nice I guess and don’t get me wrong, I mean I love my wife and kids and stuff but sometimes I just don’t necessarily like them all that much haha you know?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*wakes up saturday morning*

*pees, dresses, gets in the car, backs out and drives"

*spends all day driving, not turning or yielding or merging or stopping other than for intersections, just driving in a straight line*

*passes by identical houses like in a cartoon, looks increasingly haggard and exhausted*

*after 16 hours of driving in a straight line pulls back into driveway*

*spends all day sunday crying*

*monday morning, the girl at the front desk asks "so how was your weekend?"*

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
*listened to an entire interview on the The Howard Stern show while waiting at a red light*

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
The HOA is my true community

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Mowing my lawn at what used to be 6am but the time sprang forward last night

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Looks like Dan's letting the dandelions and clover grow in again. Guess I gotta go over and help him with some broadcast herbicide before they invade my yard.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Uses no mow may as an excuse to seed the neighborhood with dandelion seeds. gently caress yaallllsssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
waving to my neighbor and calling out to say hello even though they are trying to pretend they don't hear or see me.