Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jeff is lmfao'ing at every one of my post OP. can you say the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Best Friends posted:

no forum invasions. one invasion is bad enough, lol

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

The kinds of mods I like:

Graphics mods
Gameplay mods
UI mods
Meme mods

The kinds of mods I don't like:

Forums mods

imagining being a really important skyrim mod guy. one of those mods you have to get. then rolling out an update one day changing the elder scroll to goatse. opening it is too rare to run into often and they wouldn't be able to immediately pinpoint what mod did it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
wait a minute. is hitler where ‘screwed the pooch’ is from

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

because it's about owning the gbs mods, op, the ukraine thread seemed like an easy win

pyf defaulting to 'politics poster drama' half year+ ago when it was cspam vs gbs then taking a single glance at the now 'reformed & on parole' version of that thread and immediately rushing in to yell at them made me lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

That DICK! posted:

when rumors circulate about him, rumors CIRCULATE ABOUT him.

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lobster shirt posted:

tbf i think fluffdaddy interpreted that crack as about his skin color

and hes right to. i am a racist, for communism

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
that spr probe, you can tell theyve broken in cspam. back in my day they the admins would stand rooted infear of the resulting drama bomb as hundreds of c-spam posters marched into other forums to raze their threads. c-spam has grown weak.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al! posted:

trump thread was always the biggest clique in cspam

yep, unifying force of the entire forum. how do you attract people from all different forums to post? answer: donald trump. but then they sought to use its power for flamewar and upon using the heart of lorkhan the trump thread was raptured. now now its like an appendix, its purpose long forgotten.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

someone should make a trump thread but for normal posters

thats called a trump rally

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

I bet the new goonfund is donating the money to terf causes.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

Mods are cops 👮‍♀️ 👮‍♂️

the era where people earnest argued this owned. they really got cranked up about it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
it should have been named We Hate You

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol feels bad to see admins get off work friday and have to write up emails (post) for something awful.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they absolutely love it though. is the hosed up thing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I am going to completely, and permanently, cause reputational damage to PYF. Now, if you excuse me..... [begins mocking war gore thread]

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i appreciate the effort theyve put in when they could have made a 3-12 hour post timer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they could have someone other than smythe mod it!!!

relying on a moderator is inevitably going to result in a moderator who can't be assed; even if they can find somebody good the first time. at least in SAMP you can shoot your userbase with an RPG. So you want to have open discussion, but not at a overwhelming rate. So just put in a limiter to where its manageable/reasonable.

speng31b posted:

it is a very code brained way of thinking. creating a more complex system is always the best way to solve a problem because interacting with people is hard

absolutely painfully computer toucher

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
tenderadmin

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
GiP is basically D&D but a user might be triggered by their insane esoteric knowledge of military hardware. trained. like a dog!!!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

told my friends I couldn't go to the movies tonight because there's too much content online and I don't want to fall behind

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
haha sorry guys.. can't make it. a thread in gbs got closed.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol how on earth. why does jeff hate larry so much? honestly, its gotten weird

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
also lmfao the permaban is small

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jeffrey thank you got permabanning that little bitch :cheers:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
just saw the post. god drat. what the hell was jeff wearing when larry posted that.....

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
floppy disk bra/ibm keyboard loincloth, laserdisk on the neck

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

JEFFREY GONE WOKE? User 'Larry Parrish' PERMABANNED due to 'micro' aggression

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I think it was mostly the slap on the wrist probes, from the mod/admin side. this happened quite a bit in c-spam as they cracked down on the forum following BNR split. whats seen as sufficient punishment inside vs out. what can look like enforcement inside, can be interpreted as tacit endorsement outside. which is why vyelkin/dreylad drop nukes on psycho posting. no trust in self regulation=destruction

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I wouldn't say the forums are the most important thing in my life by a long shot, but this website has been my internet home for like 20 years so I do have a strong emotional attachment to it and I want it to do well and the people on it to be happy

idgaf about cspam. i want to support jeffrey. i dont know what hes doin but hes lovin it, that im certain of. this is the tankie authoritarian impulse. he is dear leader

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
thats new testament man. jeffrey is an old testament webmaster

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zodium posted:

it's not even just posters dying by a thousand cuts, the organization of the forums produces constant antagonistic interactions between users and mods and admins. it inexorably ends with jeffrey and every well-intentioned mod/admin burning out, but i've given up and i'm not writing another screed about org dynamics. furthermore, I consider that fluffdaddy must be destroyed.

the posters who flake are the tender lil guys vs the hardened psychos who remain

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its why i rolled my eyes at that D&D mod who was talking about all the poo poo he took while modding, how he hated it, etc in new qcs. whats his name hes got the pokemon av. im the poster the admin team is selecting for lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

fool of sound? the greatest mod d&d ever had.

and thats why we need those tender posters. im never going to say thank you, thats for those quaint lil souls

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
being thanked is important when your doing free labor

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

alarumklok posted:

why are we permaing for tubgirl again? everyone loves tubgirl. she's lovable

admins being forced to do work. user is permabanned

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Smythe posted:

99999 mods threatened to resign if i didn't immediately delete fyad, make KM head admin, and chop my transphobic rear end head off live on stream. i had already appointed my successors so i said ok and logged off. literally.

remembering when they bullied the admins into removing old rear end lovely front page articles for transphobia lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
let butthead mod. cspam welcomes impzone peacekeepers.