Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

does this mean the Jeffster is finally going to free Plinkey

hopefully. that was jeffs one mistake so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Trade Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud for plinkey

is that an option

how do we get this rolling?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why wont jeffry address our complaints

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Hatebag posted:

I think if everyone doubles down on being insane morons we can make this forum really hum!

already on it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

It actually bothered me that so few cspam posters are willing to share what makes them happy in a meaningful way

Lol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

SpongeBob haha nice love that guy

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

edit: lol wrong thread

its okay, you can misspell trump here

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

did another fuckin thing happen this is exhausting

yeah it never seems to end with these loving people

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

actually i love all this poo poo

yeah same

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

EEKA GEEK posted:

Should restore the buttons imo

nah, seems like a pretty clear cut case of abusing the buttons

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

EEKA GEEK posted:

Imagine explaining to an outsider that the people banned from posting in a given thread are not the ones posting gore but rather the ones advocating against doing so

e: think of how insane you would sound raving about "Putinists" and how using Banderite as a negative epithet is a crime against humanity etc. etc. If anyone is agreeing with you it's so you'll be quiet

it used to be even worse if you can imagine that

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

gassing the trump thread would have been funny

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

PFC!
Tenderjerk!!
Daniel Dales Dick!!!
Man Musk!!!!

can u ban pfc? thanks

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cuttlefush posted:

poor larry

why is he reading that poo poo? why is anyone?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the correct strategy re: gbs ukraine thread is to wait 5-20 years to when the general consensus has shifted to "actually escalating the war was a bad idea oops my bad" and then post there

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some plague rats posted:

lol at this idiot btw, imagine how bad the forum would suck if the only people who posted here were losers like you. Cheering at threads getting shut down because youre frail and incurious enough to want the forum homogenized to the point you never have to read a post that you wouldn't have written yourself

sounds like ur modding

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

some plague rats posted:

Neither of you have ever made a funny post. You're too gutless to ever really try and flame someone because internally you know you don't have the stomach to be really insulting so you fart out these gay little cliches that no one could ever possibly get mad at

im not trying to make you laugh. and yea ur very scary

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dustcat posted:

i'm not trying to flame you i'm just noting for the record that you're an idiot without an ounce of self awareness who also can't read a posting room when they really need to

ur not trying to epic troll like a 12 year old? wow sad

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

KirbyKhan posted:

Same

Ok I'll engage. There's multiple Ukraine/Russia threads. D&D has one, GiP has one (I assume/trust), CSPAM has one, and GBS has one. So you can see the exact same dreary bullshit through a few lenses.

This place posts about the truth of the war and that war is bad. Idk I don't read it, but Majorian was modding it and it seemed fine when there was a big ol brigade week where all the U/R threads all started going cross-forum to debate. I did not get probed for posting "war bad"

D&D is koos effort trap zone, and out of all of the threads that one is the best case study on how to handle this. BUT STILL multiple times that thread has linked directly to charities that that support real deal actual kill-the-jews Nazis. I do get probed for posting "war bad"

GBS is the old Mt Everest death watching fucks hooting and hollering over the death of enemies. I don't believe them when they say it is a bit. It's not, they get super duper horny. That's being modded by kit who has been the dumbest bitch in like the last 2 years of QCS struggle sessions directly calling out her various pet threads.

We all hashed this out months ago. CSPAM stuck to the non-brigading truce talks or whatever. GBS absolutely has not. Their psychos got slaps on the wrist while like 4 of our psychos got permabanned I think I'm forgetting. All this happened months ago, so this whole this is deeply funny because of direct experience in drinking FORUMS BATTLEMENTAL SPACE is kinda fun.

i dunno what the gbs ukraine thread is like now but it was genuine lunatic poo poo at the start of the war. posters joyfully talking about incinerated corpses of truck drivers

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

anyone watching columbo? i recommend it!!

gently caress off, it sucks

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

lumpentroll posted:

lpzie you should punish codchimera via an unrelated post imo

thats mod abuse and i wont stand for it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

but that's good?

why wouldn't you want to own the gbs mods?

are they owning them tho? seems like they just get banned and giving Jeff money

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lux Animus posted:

Hi - I've been posting in the Trump thread more and move over the last couple months, and they've been rather welcoming! It moves very fast, which is one reason why some people (nosy-neighbor types, mostly?) might dislike it.

The posters there are largely an amusing and irreverent lot with similar senses of humor and leftish politics. There are personalities that grate against each other and complain like a pair of roommate cats might, but the mood is generally one of levity intended to shitpost away the existential blues of modern life while also posting recent news stories and funny twitter posts and so on. "Main Character Syndrome" is something that doesn't last long within that group, as there have been historically many bans and burnouts from the self-aggrandizing-posting crowd that hung out in the trump threads in the past.

Dunno what the problem some have with it or its posters nowadays, other than it's insular enough with its poster-lore that I agree it's like a different sub-channel of CSPAM, like the channel with the cartoons under the newscorp's larger media umbrella.
they are reactionary jerks

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

someone should make a trump thread but for normal posters

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

two threads each one convinced that their thread is really funny and good and the other one is dogshit populated by monsters

why does that sound really familiar

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

remember when they moved the gbs trump thread to cspam and it continued to exist simultaneously with the original one, each populated by completely different posters? lol

yeah that got me super mixed up

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

next time trump does something funny someone make a thread?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lpzie posted:

that's how I ended up here lol ...

same i think

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dixon Chisholm posted:

who would have guessed...

oh yeah and where did u come from

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ermm uhh hey anyone play War Thunder? its pretty fun

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

why actually haven't there been many mod leaks? ud be a hero

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol the admins hate all the forums and users now except gbs I guess

e: like there’s a 40 page in pyf that is begging for the admins to talk to the userbase that the admins are clearly reading and yet refusing to post in

i really doubt most of the user base cares about any of this, or they just find it funny

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Riot Bimbo posted:

you make it sound so reasonable like it's not more or less 40 pages of hostile and insulting tantrum throwing by some of the worst people on this forum lol

uwu im just calling you a fat r word and i want some answers for my thread where we act like dead-eyed pieces of poo poo 24/7 uwu *puppy eyes*
Yeah probably. Easier for the admins to just ignore it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Skyl3lazer posted:

lmfao the person in the thread claims the reason they havent gotten their charity designation is because there was one person in the entire state of washington that does charity stuff, and that that person was an intern that quit, and everyone in the thread just believed it immediately.

really just great stuff all around

yeah that made me laugh

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

the belief is that a sinister coterie of fyad/qcs/pyf posters who just love causing trouble destroyed a functioning goonfund to get their jollies. its the same mentality as like the death wish movies where criminals just love doing crimes and hurting people. in it for the love of the game.
it was the drama goons chasing drama yeah

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

croup coughfield posted:

high at work and will not be editing that

oh okay well that explains it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

a.lo posted:

Somebody give me money

sure, how?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mawarannahr posted:

if goons want to give money to anyone who are we to deny them that. slava ukraini

lol did that generate less buzz than the plinkey fund? I can't remember

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

that's my whole point. not everybody attacking plinkey had his best interests in mind or was doing it in good faith--some of them were doing it because lol drama. we can disagree on the percentages all day, but conflating "dude running it like this is going to screw you and the people you want to help, let's make it better" with "this guy's blowing the goon fund on craps and hookers lol" just whitewashes the shitheads and makes the genuine concerns seem less genuine.

it's not actually funnier if plinkey gets in trouble, it's loving terrible for him and the people who need help. the optimal solution would have been "don't let him start the fund without accountability", followed by "try and work with him when the issue was first raised, not after several days of people dragging him and making it clear that a perma was the only resolution".

the problem is that both of those require mods to do their job and welp

the mods always side with the drama goons, it was always gonna end that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Al! posted:

imo gas the "studebt debt forgiveness" thread or at least unsticky it. also gas the rules thread and trump thread tia
yeah this place is a god drat mess