Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

croup coughfield posted:

i think its appropriate in a poetic sense that jeffrey is doing everything he can to ensure the comfort and safety of the same people who instantly ditched the site for bnr and only came crawling back when the offsite imploded due to having no good posters (the only reason). keep chasing those moderates my man, it will pay off. you'll see. once the angry mean girls are brought to heel or destroyed, the trump thread posters will quiet down and stop looking for new targets. we saw that just a few years ago

Aw gently caress that is what he's doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Gotta use an announcement to describe the button presses required to embed a tik tok

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3979579&pagenumber=738&perpage=40#post524989627

jeff has been studying the biosphere collapse while our enemies are posting about how cspam is a pit of despair

we already won

I never understood how we come off as a pit of dispare. Like we have a have a fuckin happy thread where the finest happy songs with Jesus, Ryan Reynolds, and the cast from the Broadway production of Aladdin are singing literal happy songs.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lookit this dumb loving thread finding the joy in PYF style posting. Last page has a wall of empty quotes for a mid joke because spr got bopped by Jeffrey himself. She's the IK of of your actually aggro mean girl's table and you brand her some aggro cspammer for some fuckin reason. Can't be politics, she hasn't argued on politics since 3 Glenn threads ago, bitch don't have any politics. I don't like her, because she was mean to me at the mean girls table, over in PYF. Yet, the cspamming people celebrated that Idiot King. That's fuckin community.

In a community you don't have to like everybody.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Say what you will about the OP of the [parents] thread but one thing that is for sure is that the posters in that thread gently caress

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

time for bed grandpa

I was very sleepy. Anyways, Jeff read any of this poo poo yet?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFKjfQ2mwoE

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Bump

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Riot Bimbo posted:

sorry about your helldump and chat thread

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Listen, I love going to other forums to type some poo poo like "War bad"

But Sagas was a hole and it needed to get gassed. It's ok, everything does.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
gbs Ukraine thread also needs to be gassed. Only forum responsible enough to have a Ukraine thread is D&D. Koos justs works harder than the GBS mods, simple as

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Good job everybody. All we had to do was nothing

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

actually i love all this poo poo

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

speng31b posted:

there's not much to say. pyf sagas thread loves to rubberneck the weirdest and worst poo poo on the site, and they finally found a dragon they couldn't slay in the "i jerk off my weiner to human beings dying live on camera" thread

It's so deeply funny

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cuttlefush posted:

the balkanzation of SA is pretty weird

This, never been this bad before.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hatebag posted:

It's too bad there's not a way for people to use this website without being completely insane freaks and morons

It's been like two fuckin decades. If there was a way we would have found it by now, surely.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Yes, the cycle has been churning like at least 8 times by now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Regarde Aduck posted:

the causes are all interlinked so yeah the cycle will go on and on

like this latest blowup was because of Kit and their pet psycho thread. And the reason that thread is psycho is because that's how Kit has cultivated it. And when the admins intervened in the big GBS/CSPAM Ukraine thread drama and the CSPAM thread got a load of its posters banned, nothing happened in the GBS thread because Kit treats their job as protecting their fiefdom. So because the admins utterly failed to identify the actual cause of the issue the first time, it's triggered more and bigger drama this time.

Cuttlefush posted:

they're gonna kill you forever if you post about it. i can feel it

I wanna post about it so bad though. I wanna post TRUTH and poo poo THAT HAPPENED MONTHS AGO. Why do they wanna stop me?!?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

AnimeIsTrash posted:

someone should drop some lf stories, itd be nice to hear about them without people screaming about tankies, genocidal denial, or xinjiang

In 2011, I was in the Tourism/Travel ESL Teachers South Korea Goon Group Chat. We all got together for Thanksgiving (goonsgiving) at nullscan's house. In real life, a Canadian man, (Andy I forget his username if ur out there I still consider u a brother), told me, a US military man, the gospel of Ralph Nader.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Six posts. More than enough to deny any genocide that trends.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

500 good dogs posted:

btw did azathot say anything about abdicating his throne

Lmfao it was like 2 lines long, I got nothing out of it, no idea how to read it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

tristeham posted:

nhd would be more at home in gbs

Wrong, he belongs in a room full of retards.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Azathoth posted:

yeah, the life stuff has gotten hectic and stressful but like, not in a bad way. id rather not talk about specifics but it just means that i have a lot less free time than when i signed up for it.

rather than become absentee or try to push through it and burn out, i stepped away, exactly for the reason you say. mods and admins changing out should be boring and id counselled mods that if they don't have time or feel like they're burning out they should step away, and who would I be if I didn't take my own advice?

sorry to disappoint everyone that there's not more to this than boring nonforums stuff.

Azathoth posted:

I'm not sure what more there is to say. There's no behind the scenes forums drama behind it, if that's what you mean. I've just had a lot of life stuff happen since I became a mod/admin and forums stuff was competing for time with RL stuff. Basically I had to make a choice between either offline poo poo or forums poo poo, and I chose offline poo poo.

And so rather than trying to burn the candle at both ends and burn out, I took a step back and made the conscious decision to deprive everyone here of what would have been a spectacular meltdown. I wish I had the time to do this and offline poo poo, because I really did enjoy my time overall as a mod and admin, but that's just not in the cards.

I've only posted when people start speculating about there being something more than what I've said, as I'd prefer to not have dumb rumors floating around about me.

You did it! You did a fuckin forums tour of duty. You were able to keep both your legs. No meltdown either congratulations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Azathoth posted:

I figured people would eventually ask and I only just don't want people to spin up weird tales of drama or whatever that I then have to address in an unrelated thread in a couple years as the game of goon telephone makes up that I quit because I tried to close C-SPAM at midnight and Jeff pulled my buttons because of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So has Jeff read any of this poo poo yet?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I like lumpentroll and Als always been welcoming whenever I poke my head in.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Wb

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

im serious about conducting pro putin info ops on the something awful battlespace

Same

Dustcat posted:

how are you guys so mad about a ukraine thread you don't even post in

have you considered just not being so mad about it, and this is a serious question, i genuinely don't understand the level of hatred

did you work yourself into a forums bloodlust where bashing your own metaphorical faces against the metaphorical wall won't cut it or something

Ok I'll engage. There's multiple Ukraine/Russia threads. D&D has one, GiP has one (I assume/trust), CSPAM has one, and GBS has one. So you can see the exact same dreary bullshit through a few lenses.

This place posts about the truth of the war and that war is bad. Idk I don't read it, but Majorian was modding it and it seemed fine when there was a big ol brigade week where all the U/R threads all started going cross-forum to debate. I did not get probed for posting "war bad"

D&D is koos effort trap zone, and out of all of the threads that one is the best case study on how to handle this. BUT STILL multiple times that thread has linked directly to charities that that support real deal actual kill-the-jews Nazis. I do get probed for posting "war bad"

GBS is the old Mt Everest death watching fucks hooting and hollering over the death of enemies. I don't believe them when they say it is a bit. It's not, they get super duper horny. That's being modded by kit who has been the dumbest bitch in like the last 2 years of QCS struggle sessions directly calling out her various pet threads.

We all hashed this out months ago. CSPAM stuck to the non-brigading truce talks or whatever. GBS absolutely has not. Their psychos got slaps on the wrist while like 4 of our psychos got permabanned I think I'm forgetting. All this happened months ago, so this whole this is deeply funny because of direct experience in drinking FORUMS BATTLEMENTAL SPACE is kinda fun.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Getting flashbacks of Ozma and the various threads they protected and cultivated.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I was a fool to believe Fluffdaddy when he said QCS was opening this week.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

really queer Christmas posted:

Hell yeah, mod sass is back to being a rule

some plague rats posted:

I volunteer to IK this thread.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

If only there was a place to post questions, comments, or concerns about mods away from their little miniature war diorama where they punish dissenters as harshly as possible.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I believe that Az did not read the thread where all of the dumb poo poo was planned in advance by the thinnest skinned fat mods in the fat mod forum.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Never forget Glenn thread discord

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

copy posted:

no not again this is how we lost marzzle

Sorry. Oh no you're right. There is no Glenn thread discord. It was a bit, a joke, a ridiculous thing you could claim membership to. No one could pull up screenshots of you not being in the glenncord, because it didn't exist.

I remember calibanibal asked me for the Glenn discord so I sent him an invite to the LAN Los Angeles discord where I keep all my red string corkboards.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Now there is an IK. I made them so angry with my fortnite posting they implied I was a pedophile.

He was a fuckin posting soldier in the UK/R thread multifront defensnsive.

There was a Twitter account that did this but for like two weeks. When it first emerged it was basically a best of compilation of Calibanibal posts. Sad that he deleted those tweets and sad he could keep up the crusade for two weeks..

https://twitter.com/Fascists_Of_SA/status/1585803147146317824?t=lgHmeBMb32jv0WKvxofK2Q&s=19

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

copy posted:

lol thats why spr got three days

Lmao I'm back to having full faith that QCS will open at midnight.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Dustcat posted:

i'm not sure the trump thread remnants can be rightfully called a clique these days, they're a fractious and ornery lot that spend more energy sniping at each other than posting trumps

Oh like a clique

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

lobster shirt posted:

been hearing this as well, and saying it to others

Cross posting the emptyquoted all across the forums