Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i would like to see the documents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
once all the mean girls are gone we can all finally go sicko mode

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
No. That wasn't an issue at all.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

500 good dogs posted:

lol did SPR lose the IK star for probing seth

allowed too much attention to be drawn to a deviantart-type thread

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
shutup, dustcat

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
people do seem kinda mean to riot and dustcat so i get why they pick the opposite side

not sure why came first though

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
eh, the sagas were very done and it was a weird chat thread that was kind of amusing because of the user cross section and qcs being closed. seems like those should only go up every once in a while as they're already repeats of repeats. the balkanzation of SA is pretty weird

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
still not half as cringy as what the real mods get up to

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
chain probe them both, hard, until money starts falling out of them. then i take that money

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
who

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
please dont actually invite jeff or fluff in here

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you dont know how to

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

EEKA GEEK posted:

You wanna talk conspiracies... how about filling the LC with le epic kitty probes to push the bullshit ones out of sight

Conspiracy? His name is cat interceptor. Hes fulfilling the role hideo kojima set for him.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Please do not suggest that the forums should rise up and wage a protacted posters war on the the mod and admin asses "shining path style". What the hell does that even have to do with bagels? User loses posting privileges for 12 hours.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i told them to let it fester. but noooo butthead just has to post his heartfelt moe. somethingawful the place where nobody learns their lessons

also it was a trip going into a previous incarnation of the saga thread and it was all the same sagas in almost the same order. does that happen every year?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

really queer Christmas posted:

Mock threads literally all have the same cycle. Only reason the sagas thread is more contentious is because the target is fellow posters.

and because the admins closed qcs and Stuff happened

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

they're gonna kill you forever if you post about it. i can feel it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
lmao at your ban btw

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
he's gonna pull out his little flyswatter and do to larry what he should have done ages ago

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
like really comically little. it wont be big enough to do anything

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
[big laughing scroll picture thing u post]

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Homeless Friend posted:

imagining being a really important skyrim mod guy. one of those mods you have to get. then rolling out an update one day changing the elder scroll to goatse. opening it is too rare to run into often and they wouldn't be able to immediately pinpoint what mod did it

wonder how much goatse the admin email gets

i hope it at least gets some. there's not much artistry to be had just sending an email but it's still important, as you well know

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
monstrous

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

EEKA GEEK posted:

When exactly was Vilerat unceremoniously removed from his symbolic mod position? I feel like it must have been fully ten years after his death

go check the dnd mod list

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
nhd gently caress off

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

QFT if anything she should be made an admin

Seth is a creep who is desperately Horny for the other female mods, probing him is an act of mercy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
or a hot car

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
but we let him out just in time and repeat until he's loyal to us instead of the big wigs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

I'm not sure what more there is to say. There's no behind the scenes forums drama behind it, if that's what you mean. I've just had a lot of life stuff happen since I became a mod/admin and forums stuff was competing for time with RL stuff. Basically I had to make a choice between either offline poo poo or forums poo poo, and I chose offline poo poo.

And so rather than trying to burn the candle at both ends and burn out, I took a step back and made the conscious decision to deprive everyone here of what would have been a spectacular meltdown. I wish I had the time to do this and offline poo poo, because I really did enjoy my time overall as a mod and admin, but that's just not in the cards.

I've only posted when people start speculating about there being something more than what I've said, as I'd prefer to not have dumb rumors floating around about me.

genuinely glad you didn't melt down. nobody can liquidate a deviantart thread unharmed. hope it doesn't haunt you. becoming a mod or unbecoming a mod should be a normal thing and frequent rotations would probably help people from getting too weird in one way or the other. hope your real life is doing well.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
despite decades of research and funding, nobody has figured out how to actually kill whitey (common phrase, not actionable)

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

I’m going to start rumors about azatoth. I hear he and smythe got a little too heated (iykwim) and one of ‘em had to go

lol i typed up a story about how smythe got mad at azathoth over the bjork interview (he loved her) but deleted it. shouldnt have though

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Homeless Friend posted:

wait a minute. is hitler where ‘screwed the pooch’ is from

i dont think so but "screwed the pooch" apparently came from "hosed the dog" in the '30s in North America. and something about selling the puppies? wouldnt have guessed.

lmao at google just obliterating a simple search query though

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
you sure you want all the rest of the words you typed? i found hitler and nothing else. good enough right?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
search history and everything turned off btw. absolutely pure result

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Azathoth posted:

did smythe say something bad about bjork? *cracks knuckles ominously*

i think he'd be the one defending bjork from spacehost

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

Wrong, he belongs in a room full of retards.

he trains them

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

croup coughfield posted:

i dont think thats true at all

it's cspam humor, you see

lobster shirt posted:

sounds like gbs

no it's the freddie thread. you know whe one

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
it's self-moderating.

nhd, keep swinging in that direction. you're doing good now i always believe in you buddy

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

500 good dogs posted:

where did cannibalanimal go

hopefully a better place. genuinely hope he's okay and not sprouting beet plants in and sunflowers in a far off land

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh god no. we're dead if daddy comes home and sees this mess