Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

poor larry

I haven’t frequented many threads where that teen witch person posts but the times I have stumbled across them I’ve found them to be almost supernaturally thin skinned and obtuse, even for a gbs mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

It’s not quite the coupons mod but the fact they had to get the sports mod in here to do it is pretty funny

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dustcat posted:

lol what would you even report that post for, "this poster is calling a mod fat"?

Remembering the time Fluffdaddy banned somebody for calling him fat

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

im respecting az's wishes vis a vis making up fun stories about him but i do want to note that being concerned with your forums reputation is very dumb and funny.

She smiled. I believe you, she said. But you must understand. This is another subforum. Here a modmin’s reputation is all she has.

Yes mam.

There is no forgiveness, you see.

Mam?

There is no forgiveness. For modmins. An IK may lose his honor and regain it again. But a modmin cannot. She cannot.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shifty Nipples posted:

trump isn't president anymore and doesn't post tweets constantly anymore there is simply less funny trump stuff to post and trump thread is a chat thread so people are gonna derail from trump topics constantly :shrug:

The only solution is to make him president again

Al! posted:

thats a very funny post in a very deranged thread

:yeah:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I like the trump thread and everyone's positive attitude and also it has a lot of kind people who are generally nice and understanding about things like probes

Yeah but you like anyone who babbles nonsense at you in a falsetto while scratching you behind your ears

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

When Trump becomes the 47th president he can have a second thread. One for 45 and one for 47. Only fair

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The goonfund was too dense for me to bother following closely but I still find it pretty funny that all the people defending plinkey were saying he just paid taxes on all donations out of pocket rather than putting together a non-profit

It’s obvious bullshit but I choose to believe it anyway because it’s very funny if he actually did that

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I thought it was funny when he riled people up, same with judakel. People here including me were too epic, and I am glad that is a by gone era.

I agree with this fwiw (nothing)

Imo there have only been three CSPAM posters I found annoying enough to be happy when they were gone and those were Bust and Xtal and Junpei

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

this post has the same energy as a defendant hearing something in court, staring blankly for a moment, then covering their mic with their hand while they ask their lawyer a question

Mastershakeman is a treasure. He has intense “I think I’m the smartest guy in the room so I do t need to think about anything I ever say” enegy

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

i dont know too much about the sexpig drama but my understanding is that he was permad for being a cross-forum grudge psycho who simply couldnt stop trying to own the dnd libs, and the pms were more or less an excuse to do what the mods and admins already wanted to do anyway. that about right or am i Buying the Narrative

The pms don’t exist

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

croup coughfield posted:

what im kinda getting at is that it doesnt matter if they exist or not

Oh yeah for sure. Sexpig was a headache and they were gonna get him one way or another. The pms just really seemed odd because Az stated them as a reason but never really clarified and seemed to waffle and it felt like a half hearted coverup but who knows

If nothing else it’d be nice to get a high level summary of whether they were death threats or “shut up nerd” because both get labeled as abusive and are very different

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Perma’s are really over applied anyway, should be a strong clear line on them and there shouldn’t be a lifetime achievement perma. Ignore function works. Scrolling down past posts you do t like works. Banning people every time they step over the line in the slightest works. What’s the point of perma’s except for outright violence or horrific poo poo like cp or admitting to watching vtubers

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

az saying "his posts have been cruel and offensive" and then immediately backtracking to 'well actually its his pms that have been cruel and offensive, no you can't see them' kicked rear end

as did the followup when az said "look he's fine if he posts regular type" and then another admin decided to cut him off at the knees and say no, actually, for the crime of annoying the admins he doesn't get to even do those anymore

can't find it in me to get too mad about it, though; when you're good at getting under the skin of these people they get mad at you for it long-term.

Az had a pretty good to great run as a mod/admin, although he’s definitely standing on the shoulders of paraplegic midgets, but the Sexpig affair was a pretty big black mark on an otherwise commendable record

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Azathoth posted:

yeah, it's this. someone who didn't like sexpig (believe it or not, there were a bunch and they made a sport of finding his and Unoriginal Name's rereg accounts) would report a post saying "hey this person is posting in every thread that sexpig used to post in and they're posting 50x times an hour like sexpig, is this sexpig?" and then the account would get banned because they're not under the radar anymore. i didn't think people would go to those lengths when i talked about flying under the radar, and it was bad of me to give false hope like that

It’s inconceivable to me that anyone has this much energy or pettiness, like being an unpaid mall cop is one thing, but lmao at being the pearl clutching mallgoer keeping an eye out for delinquents to report to the mall cop

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

In my day, ya bought someone a red text avatar, you put a little thought into it. But these kids today, they'd pull the trigger on that car brained truck just as soon as look at you

I’ve paid for one av change in all my years here, thought it would be funny to give pick a “no Joe” gang tag

It was I assume blanked by a mod within 15 minutes lol, or if it wasn’t blanked then I guess she paid to change her av to a blank and then a few hours later paid again to add a new av

I suspect it was blanked

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lmao how can you get mad at this one

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just went othe car store, and bought a new car

cars ftw

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

Spamming is funny when its on a thread you are not reading. So its funny in this case

I think a lot of people have forgotten the powerful anti-spam technique that also works for dumbasses, shitposters, and generally most annoying posters. It’s complicated but it involves placing your finger on your phone screen near the bottom and making a vertical motion upward

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

But he's not spamming it, he posts it once a day maybe, at most. I mean it's totally different from like Arf making the biosphere collapse thread unreadable. Which, is also funny.

I thought it was funny when he went to war with the pictures thread using those sassy cooking stick figure comics

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Was boosted the token conservative they made a mod for a bit or was that somebody else

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Imagine being so weird about ever seeing anything you don’t like that you use your ignore list and then also the Adblock extension that hides any quotes replying to block listed posters

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That’s a lot of work to ensure your experience is as dull as possible

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 00:12 on Feb 25, 2023

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

i block people occasionally like mlmp08 in the Ukraine thread to avoid reading massive screeds but going to the extent of Adblocking quotes is very funny.

I stopped using the ignore function many years ago when I realized I always clicked to read the post anyway

Technically some people are still on there but I haven’t seen a post from anyone I ignored in years

One day maybe. Just like how every so often I click on people with pre-2006 reg dates to see if they still have the bit torrent codes in their user profile

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

World War Mammories posted:

al eif the rich-wife guy

he thought big they called it phallic

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I think SAD launch may have been poorly executed. Personally suggest a quick reset just my opinion tho not really invested here

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oh boy I have some thoughts this morning after catching up and just lmao

Re: the funny ones are gone and not coming back… maybe, it’s been a trend, but I have to think when the 2024 election heats up at least some of them will grace us with their presence once again, but maybe not

Re: Larry and CC’s c/p of Larry’s post and Jeff’s response - just lmao come on Jeff you don’t have to care this much it’s not important enough to care this much it doesn’t do anything for you to care this much

Re: SAD okay so opening it on a Friday night was :discourse: and then it immediately turning into a garbage bin fire was :discourse: just did anyone put any thought into this at all? Making deadlines is important but not if what you roll out is going to be so busted it doesn’t work. Did nobody say “hey let’s open it midday or maybe in the evening on a Monday when most admins are available for a few hours and maybe let’s anticipate some of the problems and have predrafted statements to address stuff we know people are pissed about”

Re: Ukraine thread in GBS. I didn’t read it so idk how irredeemable it was, but once again the admins go for the most extreme possible solution out the gate. I think maybe demod Kit and put in a couple knew mods with clear rules about certain things and let the thread regulars hang themselves over the course of a week or two, none of this is an emergency that needs to be fixed right now. Do things in a thoughtful way and they’ll work better

Re: the influx of GBS posters in the D&D Ukraine thread - lol and lmao

Re: the influx of GBS posters in the CSPAM war thread - also lol and lmao

Re: my phone autocorrecting cspam to CSPAM - thanks!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I didn’t expect you to

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

speng31b posted:

can you post a short version so i can read tia

In summary: lol how are they this incompetent even two minutes of thinking about things would yield much better results

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kit has been demodded try to keep up

Yeah but instead of closing the thread I would have just made some very clear rules, brought in a new mod or two to brutally enforce them, and then close it in a week or two when they can’t clean it up

Just a kinder and gentler and less explosive way to do things rather than surprise shutdown when there are already dozens of other fires being started by the admin team

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Your idea of who the funny ones are must be extremely hosed up.

Probably

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’m turning red with rage at the implication that “lol” “lmao” and empty quotes aren’t content

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AntifaSupersoldier posted:

Seems like the GBS Ukraine refugees are having a bit of trouble assimilating.. :shepface:

I don’t think anyone realized the extent of the scat fixation when we let them in

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

seriously though why lie about a regdate

So people will use their own judgment on said source

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gbs goon named epiccommunismnow!!!!!: the fascist vladimir putin should be crushed by any means power, russia = orc nation

cspam goon named stalindidnothingwrong1917: the democartic party is the 2nd face of fascism in america but y'all id vote for zionist marianne williams

AnimeIsTrash, thank you

I feel seen

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

a.lo posted:

I want to see more of it

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol everyone gets new avs

I want a new av I’m tired of army Bernie but I’m too white noise and nonconfrontational to piss somebody off enough to want to spend cash on me

#whitenoiseproblems

Zodium posted:

that's right

Citing this as official confirmation

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I was gonna give you a new av on this post but I looked and the most recent one I could see on your account was that loving Klobuchar comic

Lmao I had giggling Kamala for a while after that so idk

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

lumpentroll posted:

which way western glenn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I’m gonna ship AIT and dustcat