Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

ilmucche posted:

I finally got a library card but my local sadly does not have wolves on the border.
You can try an interlibrary loan. It is free, just might take some time for them to get it to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

glwgameplayer posted:

Question, how does like of sight work when it comes to shooting around your allies? If the warhammer gets right into the Treb’s back slot will I be able to hit them there? Or should I try a different angle. If I sprint I can fit pretty flexibly in the area behind the Treb, I just want to be sure before I commit
'Mechs do not interfere with LOS, either ally or enemy.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Gwaihir posted:

I think you should actually stand still and shoot the treb with LRMs. You'll have 7 to hit: 4 base+2 enemy movement +1 light woods. You're a hex or so out of range of the drop ship, and the galleons are too lightly armed to truly be a worry.
Isn't the Trebuchet in medium range if they stand still? So it'd be 9s with the LRMs?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Scintilla posted:

Well, we've just had our first triple crit TAC of the LP.
:ohdear:

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

SIGSEGV posted:

Regarding fluid guns I'm still sad that the Rasalhague freedom fighter on Ikuta Glacier didn't manage to hit with her fluid guns.

Looks like you're in luck then!

quote:

Ikuta Glacier: Tactical Update 8

Grand Dragon “Yuki-Onna” (Player)
- Fires Fluid Gun (Water) at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit! Target MP reduced!
- Fires Fluid Gun (Water) at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit! Target MP halved!
- Fires Fluid Gun (Water) at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 7, hit! Target immobilized!
- Fires ER PPC (Clan) at Locust IIC (3 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 2 enemy movement = 7): rolled 9, hit Left Leg (0/10 armor, 1/6 structure remaining)! Crit!
- Gains 20 heat, sinks 28!

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

painedforever posted:

From how far away can I shoot that Commando then? All of my weapons are long range, so maybe I should start shooting at it.
Your max range with your weapons are 18 and 21 respectively, so you could walk forward 5 and start shooting the Commando at long range with both.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Dachshundofdoom posted:

I think you can only move up to walking MP backwards
True enough, but fortunately they're a 5/8/3, so reversing 5 is fine.

quote:

, and it counts as running for your own to-hit penalty.
Nah, walking is walking for to-hit, regardless of forward or backwards.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Z the IVth posted:

Gladiator

Thinking of shooting the babby and kicking the Griffin from 2018. Does kicking have an arc?
Yes, the kicking arc is the forward three hexes, and torso twisting doesn't apply.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

B: seems appropriate, no need to spend cash just yet.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

To clarify, 'Mechs can do up to 2 levels of elevation change.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Maybe stomp the Hetz, and if it is already dead punch the Commando?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

painedforever posted:

If 1516 and 1716 have LoS, then so does 1615, right? I could walk there, and y'know, do a bit of shooting, a bit of exploding...

EDIT: Fixed the coordinates that I couldn't read.
Doesn't look like it:

Scintilla posted:

1516: Does have LOS.
1615: Does not have LOS.
1715: Does not have LOS.
1716: Does have LOS.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

A because mercenaries should have at least one Frankenmech.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

He needs a 3+ to wake up, so it is bad this turn but not forever.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

The X-man cometh posted:

Who was on board the transport?
The Karnov? Nobody I think; it was supposed to be the escape transport for Paul Montagne, but it bailed once it started getting shot at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

If you are in the same hex as a vehicle, you cannot fire your weapons at them. You can totally kick them though. And I think you kick them from the front.