Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka of lathspell

hi we're doing this baby.

so recently in the news we are kicking alien rear end but they havent actually attacked us or sent manned craft. orrr elon musk activated the secret fleet. orrrr who knows whats going on. what a time to be alive

i am drunk af. i have always wanted aliens to visit and take me away to space life.

i cant do a gj rn making an op that proves or disproves the existence of aliums/ayy lmaos/grey men/electric wizards. i leave it to subject broacher hp to make a supplementary 2nd post if they want. but this is a good space (get it) to talk about ufos

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

i was interested in ufo stuff my whole life and living in a world where the us government has fully switched position from "it's swamp gas" to "we call them uaps npw and we don't know" has been terrifying in two ways

1- what is even going on

2- no one seems to care

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

baka of lathspell

Heather Papps posted:

i was interested in ufo stuff my whole life and living in a world where the us government has fully switched position from "it's swamp gas" to "we call them uaps npw and we don't know" has been terrifying in two ways

1- what is even going on

2- no one seems to care

ur right about 2. lotta poo poo happening in the world.... possibly to lull us into a state where we just assimilate as much info as we can before we stop at which point the real stuff gets by us

if i may put on my p/c hat

if u watch schizophrenic history docs they claim that whenever we think aliens are real its just classified tech from somewhere & our tech is more capable than we commonly realize

i should say when this broke (to me personally) i was the opposite of scared. i was in fact more excited than ive ever been in my life. idk what that says about me

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
weird poo poo in the sky. what's the deal

:jerry:

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
feels like it's been awhile since there was something interesting happening in the news instead of war/politicians/etc. it's kinda nice tbh

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

baka of lathspell

Areola Grande posted:

feels like it's been awhile since there was something interesting happening in the news instead of war/politicians/etc. it's kinda nice tbh

ya i agree & i like this perspective. its prolly time to chill out, smoke weed, aliens

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Shifty Nipples

when youre developing aircraft with technology the public doesnt know about it is useful for them to think it is aliens, when its balloons or blimps or drones everyone knows what those are. and when the identity of the object is unknown it is an unidentified flying object/aerial phenomena

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

baka of lathspell

Shifty Nipples posted:

when youre developing aircraft with technology the public doesnt know about it is useful for them to think it is aliens, when its balloons or blimps or drones everyone knows what those are. and when the identity of the object is unknown it is an unidentified flying object/aerial phenomena

ya this is a thesis ive been running in my head, along with, but maybe aliens real, for a while

i still dont know wtf but according to some article ffom the hindustan times gov thingy is saying we dont know poo poo, we have no idea which strongly implies aliens if the idea is no one has any idea

so basically who knows but im tickled at the idea aliens not being real could be a conspiracy theory

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

remember when those weirdos were naruto running area 51? perhaps if theyd been running normally we might have taken them more seriously

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

FutonForensic

every alien is a huge sex freak. you can't FTL without DTF

baka of lathspell

FutonForensic posted:

Yes

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Finger Prince

FutonForensic posted:

My wormhole is open and ready for you to enter, spaceman!

baka of lathspell

well i think the USA just came out and said actually not real

does that mean they are tho im so confused. when do we get neuralyzed

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

it's weird stuff, only gonna get weirder.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Hehe

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Everything in the image below is a galaxy, except for the objects that are rayed; those are Milky Way stars.

There is no way we are alone, even if we share the universe with one-celled organisms at present, eventually they will evolve and visit us and pick among our remains in a few billion years.

If I were an alien I would observe from a distance, just outside the range of our guns and missiles

baka of lathspell

ok so to theorize these would be probes acting nonaggressively xcept jamming radar (by mistake?)

i disagree with just shooting them hopefully they arent their ships

but maybe to a bunch of alien scientists in alien lab coats this is an orgazmo moment just to have a probe interacted with at all

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

i think they grabbed another one over huron. never thought id say this but hp feel free to post in the mh thread if youre too worried about an alien invasion

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

baka fwocka fwame posted:

i think they grabbed another one over huron. never thought id say this but hp feel free to post in the mh thread if youre too worried about an alien invasion

so i should maybe clarify my position. i don't think what is being shot down are alien shape ships. i DO believe that ever since humanity became human we've been encountering things we can't explain, and that this phenomena takes many forms and is in some ways tailored to the person who is experiencing it.

i do not believe that something we could recognize as a lifeform is building, then travelling to earth across lightyears, in ships, and then they get here and we are shooting them down. honestly i doubt there is any other complex life out there.

what's making this interesting and muddying the water is the slow and soft disclosure of what are now called uaps, but this has always been the struggle with this issue, i think. a weird flock of birds, a balloon, some sort of ultraterrestrial emergence phenomena, top secret military tech - it all get's grouped together and makes figuring out exactly what's up very difficult.

also, i very very much distrust the government, all governments. they definitely know more about what is going on than the public at large but i kind of think if we declassified all the ufo stuff the general consensus would be a inconclusive shrug.

Heather Papps

hello friend

the second day of them shooting down these smaller things, (maybe hexagonal?), i called my mom and sorta worked out my anxieties on the phone with her.

the one over huron hit really close to home for me, literally. if i had a snowmobile i think i'd have ended up falling through the ice trying to find it.

Finger Prince

Pretty sure it's just a new way of smuggling smokes across the border.

Finger Prince

A wise man once said "never attribute to aliens that which is adequately explained by bootleggers"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

Pretty sure it's just a new way of smuggling smokes across the border.

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

My reliable friends from Andromeda <3

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

alexandriao

I always really liked issac arthur on this topic, OP. He's a physicist who has a strong passion for sci fi, trying to explain futurism stuff in as accurate a way as possible, and figuring out how likely X or Y prediction actually is depending on what we solidly know :)

He does one on "cryptic aliens" — i.e. "how much can we assume about how aliens communicate" (it turns out, a lot, just from statistical analysis)

https://youtu.be/thdC-HlRHWg

But he has others on "what might be a reason for aliens to behave in X (trope) way, how likely is it"

Ancient Aliens: https://youtu.be/0yyQpTaxKL8

Invasive Aliens: https://youtu.be/rBFubEKHR7A

He did another tangentially interesting one on space warfare:

https://youtu.be/xvs_f5MwT04

Honestly the good news is from what i remember listening to these, is that theres very little reason for aliens to like invade or whatever (if you have space travel, you ALSO have enough energy to just synthesize whatever u want or need, or just asteroid mine some poo poo). Also if they have hostile intent there are like, so many easier ways to wipe us out — literally all they'd have to do is throw a few tiny rocks in our direction.

So the good news is if they are out there, they probably don't want to hurt us :unsmith:

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

alexandriao

I should have just posted the full playlist:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIIOUpOge0Lu97HzMt_BJu36UMaItB1cm

cuz it covers a lot of ground!!

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

baka of lathspell

hey good post ty ill scope all that

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Heather Papps

hello friend

also, vital ufo info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY7_PrdlwZ8

biosterous

i can't believe the us air force has shot down three biblically accurate angels this month

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

biosterous posted:

i can't believe the us air force has shot down three biblically accurate angels this month

I wanna be issued an Evangelion by the US government!

Could do with some more trauma in my life and/or piloting a coolass mech

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh that's why my estranged father has been writing me that makes sense

Heather Papps

hello friend

Heather Papps posted:

(this is a joke, i'll make light of a lot of subjects but my father has been nothing but saintly towards me)

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

GaG is your estranged father?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

GaG is your estranged father?

i did not check my mailbox today but, maybe?

Finger Prince

They could have sent a poet... But let's be honest, an F22 Raptor is a heck of a lot cooler.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

They could have sent a poet... But let's be honest, an F22 Raptor is a heck of a lot cooler.

this is a serious post, i am fairly sure nothing in this is a lie or even a joke:

the f22 building process was so compartmentalized that they can't many any more. everything from bolts to computer systems were custom built, by different groups, to the point that today if we want to fix an f22 it's mostly theoretical. like complete in box copies of ocarina of time there is a set amount of f22's and it will never increase, only dwindle.

there are today, machines maintained by the tech priests, we have no ability to recreate.

ANYWAYS if you didn't think we live in the sci fi future we do, it's just all weird.

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

this is a serious post, i am fairly sure nothing in this is a lie or even a joke:

the f22 building process was so compartmentalized that they can't many any more. everything from bolts to computer systems were custom built, by different groups, to the point that today if we want to fix an f22 it's mostly theoretical. like complete in box copies of ocarina of time there is a set amount of f22's and it will never increase, only dwindle.

there are today, machines maintained by the tech priests, we have no ability to recreate.

ANYWAYS if you didn't think we live in the sci fi future we do, it's just all weird.

The F22 is like a Gundam in the world of ordinary jets. But then someone realized we don't really need a Gundam, and the F35 gave them 90% of the capability at 30% of the price, with added versatility. In a way it's the Avro Arrow of modern times. The premier air superiority fighter in a world where any hypothetical opponent is probably just going to use drones.

But as a thing, at the time, it's wild in excess.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

But as a thing, at the time, it's wild in excess.

it is! but to a degree you need to read a novellas worth of stuff to even realize it

baka of lathspell

hey it turns out everythings fine i guess, latest update after keeping the world enthralled for a few days is that everything was just some normal thing

ill keep the thread open but if were done posting about it wanna say thx for all the resources

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
the aliens are here for the same reason we would be there, if the situation was reversed

they're horny

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)