Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
This movie was both poo poo and a lot of fun. Like one of those 90s shaggy dog romps like Ice Pirates.

MCU has absolutely no idea what to do with Kang though. I thought the scene where he finally entered the fight was excellent. Just straight up murking people out of the timeline. But he stopped that as soon as the ant family showed up. Like did he turn down his blasters from time murder to "a bit of a toss".

Also they absolutely should not have Majors do a dozen silly accents because every started laughing at the council of Kangs scene. It was so so silly especially with the costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

GateOfD posted:

i guess its DC's turn to be the winner

Lmao. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Everyone posted:

To be somewhat fair, Karli and the Flag-smashers were never presented as truly evil. They were idealistic and frustrated kids genuinely trying to help people and push back against the cold-blooded indifference of the powers that be. Their turn toward more questionable and violent actions was very much a response to being seriously provoked.

Their heel turn was probably the stupidest "This villain is too sympathetic so we'll make them go too far" move that Marvel loves to pull. Not just in that they were 99% right and had to commit insanely out of character murder but also you could've had the exact same plot and it would've been better if they different.

I liked FatWS overall but Falcon's stupid speech in the end solving everything was just unbelievably patronizing.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

College Slice

Shneak posted:

drat this was a bad movie. I was trying to multitask anything else so I didn't have to sit and watch it straight.

It's not as painful of a butchery as Thor Love and Thunder's adaption was (I haven't even bothered to see Ant-Man 2) but it's not doing anybody favours. This MODOK especially sucks and was a waste. Everybody except Jonathan Majors phoned it in and now he's the worst.

Weirdly enough Ant-Man 2 is one of my favorite MCU movies. It has what everyone says they want. An extremely low stakes side-adventure with consistent silly tone. And inventive uses of Ant-Man's powers.

Something Antman 3 completely forgot. Like I really feel it was a Kang movie first and any hero could've been slotted in. He barely does any fun ant stuff