Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Rust - yes, they are trying to continue with the film where Alec Baldwin discharged a loaded gun and someone died. He's also being charged with involuntary manslaughter, which may delay the resumption of filming. So, uh, reserve your seats now?

Uhhhhhh, wow. I had assumed this movie was deader than Batgirl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Feldegast42 posted:

Does anyone really buy that this is Tarantino's last movie

Honestly, even if he is serious about it right now, he's too much of a movie guy to not want to make another one a few years into retirement

I believe it as much as I believe Miyazaki is retiring for good after his next movie comes out.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

The Naked Gun 2½ and 33⅓.

I'll admit its been forever since I rewatched them.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Lid posted:

Problem with 33 1/3 is its very very direct reference to The Crying Game which, like Ace Ventura, is just noping the gently caress out now.

Well poo poo, I had completely forgotten about that.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Casimir Radon posted:

The CG looks really dodgy in general. Things look too smooth, and the water doesn’t look like it has any depth. They kind of look like they’re just floating in air.

That and all the water sound effects just feel like they're coming from nowhere and is not really what I'd associate with things moving around underwater. Lifeless is really the perfect way to describe how it looks.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/galleries1988/status/1665817273913974785?s=46&t=SUrtTITxejBGhcV5SDIdUg

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Well gently caress

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

8one6 posted:

One of my favorite early 00s scifi shows was Invisible Man. An agent who can become invisible but for budget reasons because it causes brain poisoning can't do it too much. He works for the agency that has the only treatment for the brain poison but they have no budget, no authority, and no respect from any branch of the government.

Invisible Man was great, I think about it every now and then and wish it was streamable somewhere. Always thought Vincent Ventresca would have had a bigger career.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I was real confused about why that post resulted in a perma and have now learned this is the loser Driftingmouse who would not shut the gently caress up about the updated version of this thread being published in early 2023. They were outted as the re-reg of a perma'd transphobe, permabanned, and since then has probably spent easily $200+ on new accounts just so they could register, post a link to twitter to share news of some celebrity's death, and get perma'd again.

:lol:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Alan Smithee posted:

Drifting mouse wasn’t even patient zero? Who was their rereg

AllmyFrench78. They got perma'd in 2019 and then did the same exact thing, just constant re-regging.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I had not heard they were making a sequel to Wind River. The title is apparently Wind River: The Next Chapter which makes me think they're gonna try to make a whole bunch more of them...

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

SilentChaz posted:

The Hollywood strike claims another one as Dune: Part Two gets moved to 2024:

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1694832106738720836

Considering this was originally scheduled to be out in less than 3 months, it is hard to believe there is anything the writers or actors had to do at this point and the only reason they are delaying it is because nobody would be available to promote the movie during the strike and WB is just worried about not making as much money. Also gently caress WB for extending the strike.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Shageletic posted:

I'm 2 Mission Impossibles behind. Haven't really heard good things about Dead Reckoning. What do people here think of it? I def wanna get around to watching Fallout based on positive reviews.

The story just sucks. There are the usual great action sequences (the train sequence at the end is one of the best of the entire franchise imho) but the villain is terrible, the movie makes up an entirely new origin story for how Hunt came to join the IMF for basically no reason, and it is also a story broken into two films so you get to the end and...there is no end.

I went in wanting to love it but, it just isn't very good.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I regret to inform you that he did get his laptop back, presumably with all that garbage still intact.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

TIL: there's a DailyWire+

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Oh hell yeah

https://twitter.com/worldofreel/status/1743796147808797049

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Hmmmmmmmm

‘Top Gun 3’ In The Works At Paramount Following Tom Cruise Warner Bros Pact https://deadline.com/2024/01/top-gun-3-tom-cruise-1235722328/

This article just lists "reports" and "the word" so its basically rumors at this point. Maverick was incredible so I guess there is a chance a third one could be just as thrilling if they maintain the verisimilitude of the fighter jet action scenes and Cruise takes more of a backseat role, but ehhhh

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Four separate biopics about the making of Yellow Submarine, with a twist reveal - at the end of hour 10 - that we’ve been following the voice actors and not the actual Beatles.

I guess I learned a thing today

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1767604586808774977

hell yeah

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m trying to think of a single bio terror sort of scifi movie that I’ve seen where the “science” isn’t totally silly magical nonsense and I can’t. Not even trying to defend Garland here because I don’t care that much but I’m not going to fault him for dropping in technical terms willy nilly because everyone does that.

Sounds like someone hasn't watched The Andromeda Strain.

Does Contagion count as sci-fi in a post-COVID world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah you’re not wrong but like I was saying this kind of stuff is in literally everything and most of the time you don’t have magical reality bending alien energies at play so it’s a bit unfair to hold Annihilation up to this standard imo. I get way more annoyed at the way the entertainment industry depicts science as a profession than any specific pseudoscience they make up to fit a cool looking visual effect. I mean someone said Andromeda Strain was realistic and it depicts a bsl 4 lab equipped with anti-personnel lasers and a nuclear self destruct sequence.

No, I was listing it as an example of a film where the science depicted isn't "totally silly nonsense". I'm not sayin The Andromeda Strain is a completely realistic movie, but it is way more grounded than most. Also you ignored my other suggestion which is even more realistic in its portrayal.

Also I dunno what else to tell you other than you just gotta turn off your brain sometimes for the sake of entertainment. I work in cybersecurity and I am not gonna go on a rant about how unrealistic my profession is depicted in media, lol.