Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The wife didn't have a name. It was just "AND...HIS WIFE" in the song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Nope, just the kids.

Meet George Jetson
His boy Elroy
Daughter Judy
And his wife

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Prowler posted:

Jane, stop this crazy thing!

The robot’s name was Jane. The wife was just “his wife” or “her”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rosie was the model of robot, Jane was the name. The wife was just always just there so she didn't need a name.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I feel like most movies, television shows, etc about roleplaying games use the framing device of showing people playing the game around a table. If anything the first D&D movie is an anomaly at this point.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Neo Rasa posted:

Why bother when pure cinematic perfection was already achieved almost 40 years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqLsIQ-6rGU

Were there two sets of bodybuilding twins in the late 80s/early 90s? I seem to remember a blonde due in a terrible action movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Double Trouble is the one I was thinking of but I remembered them having blonde hair for some reason. Also, what the gently caress is that cast?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Timby posted:

Sizemore also used Heidi Fleiss as a punching bag for several years, and did the same with another girlfriend a few years ago.

Garbage human being.

And then Dr. Drew put them on the same season of Celebrity Rehab and acted like it was a complete accident so he could continue abusing her but now on television.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, the other guy on the show was Adam Carolla.

I'm not sure about the 90s during his Loveline days, but he was a piece of poo poo as soon as Celebrity Rehab started airing because it was obvious the show was never about treatment the way they'd bring in surprise guests designed to make people lose control and relapse.

"Now I know this is your third season on the show Jeff Conway and the whole world has watched you deteriorate, but you've been doing well these past few days. So we're going to bring in your girlfriend who you've been arrested for assaulting"

And then Drew had the balls to say "Oh, Jeff was too far gone, we couldn't help him"

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 28, 2023

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Last time I dropped a bowl of spinach it made quite the mess so I think I may understand this Neal fellow.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
A View to a Kill has aggressively recognizable stuntpeople and it's especially obvious when Bond is running up and down the stars at the Eiffel Tower.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Whoever played Roger Moore's legs deserved more recognition.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That was also the movie where Grace Jones decided she wasn't going to put up with the same poo poo Moore put the other Bond girls through and kept a giant dildo under the sheets during their sex scene to scare the poo poo out of him.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

DarkSol posted:

Wait... what did he do to the other Bond girls?

He'd grab them, pinch them, etc. Basically taking advantage of the scene.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's the scene I've been talking about.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MonsieurChoc posted:

A View to A Kill rules.

Zorin was Right.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I didn't know James Bond had such a similar upbringing to Batman.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

AceOfFlames posted:

Dunno why this is becoming a news item suddenly. They said from the get go this would be an origin story and they they got permission from Barbara Broccoli to create their fully original Bond. They recently gave a talk regurgitating those exact same points and now the media is reporting it as some new revelation.

My main question is if they will have Bond voiced by a freaking voice actor that they can call on for updates and stuff instead of trying to force another celebrity into the role. Have Matthew Mercer voice Bond.

I know he's not a voice actor but I vote Matt Berry.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was Kel supposed to be a stoner or just an idiot?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It reminds me of everyone scrambling to make a dozen different Tiger King projects ignoring the fact that the only reason it got that popular is because it was the first thing to be released in its entirety when initial lockdowns hit. You can’t recreate that phenomenon even with the same exact story, which is why every single one of those projects has been cancelled.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I meant more the “lightning in a bottle” part of it. People are also much more wise to movies that are supposed to be bad versus stuff like the Room, Troll 2, etc. They can just tell now which is why none of the SyFy movies do well anymore.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Reading your post is when I found out there was a second season.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, it’s apparently hilarious.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Timby posted:

Chicago PD has done this for the last few seasons, and The Closer started doing this in its fifth season in 2009 (and its successor, Major Crimes, which began in 2012, followed suit).

I thought you meant falling down escalators at first.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

god that book was everywhere in the '90s huh

That and Bridges of Madison County

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Mike Myers is so insecure that he attempted to have Garth’s screen time reduced in the first Wayne’s World because he knew how much funnier Dana Carvey is than him.

He also insisted that Guru Pitka was his greatest creation and that he had been workshopping and fine-tuning it in comedy clubs around the world for years before making the movie.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
He also insists on doing that Scottish accent in every loving thing he’s ever been in. Shrek, Fat Bastard, the dad in So I Married an Axe Murderer, SNL, Cat in the Hat, etc.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My avatar was vandalized, I’m still very cross.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Young Freud posted:

ngl I enjoyed Michael and Phenomenon and Face/Off is where it started to slow down, not stop. The cool train stopped at From Paris With Love, because he was basically recycling his Swordfish and Taking of Pelham 123 remake characters.

From Paris with Love was released in 2010, after Battlefield Earth, Be Cool, Wild Hogs, and Old Dogs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Mike Myers also made sure Penelope Spheeris didn’t come back for the second Wayne’s World because he didn’t think the first one was all that funny. He especially didn’t understand the humor behind the “Bohemian Rhapsody” scene.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Batt Affmon

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The better bear

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Bad news bear

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Check out Welcome to Wrexham to get a better idea of what kind of person he is. And yeah, he makes fun of himself constantly.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Pipe and a button nose

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that the one where the poster had the letter K loving the letter A?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It was sad when the three living cast members showed up in uniform and Dan Aykroyd opened his mouth. Then the ghost of Harold Ramis appeared and I honestly can’t remember how the movie ended after that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How does one become a digital dog dick painter?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

EDIT: That's supposed to be a gif but I can't get it to work so forget my digital dog dick dream.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Why do they bother with their vehicle forms at all when the entire planet has watched these giant robots fighting for the past fifteen years?