Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Driftingmouse: eh- a new Who Greenlighted This thread? On this dead, gay forum, in February, by Tars Tarkas, localized entirely in Cinema Discusso?

Tars: yes.

Driftingmouse: ...can I see it?

Tars: no.

Thanks for making the new OP. God, the Morbius thing was funny. I'm reminded I still haven't checked out RRR.

Even though I should, I can't believe the ghoulish greed behind not giving up on Rust. You know someone behind those scenes went "we can make this work"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
In the final episode of the Jetsons (which was never aired) we see that everyone's a robot, everyone but George. He built them all. As the floods rise and technology breaks and fails around him, a single tear rolls down the considerable length of his nose, he puts the raygun against his temple

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

GrandpaPants posted:

Hellboy is the most boring part of the Hellboy comics. What they need to do is make a BPRD TV series, because that's where all the actually interesting characters were.

Yes, this. You could launch with a Hellboy cameo for hype and then just maybe bring him in occasionally. Hellboy is alright but BPRD is so much more fun.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

as long as we keep getting a steady supply of fantasy movies, i'll take some "hey what's up guys" as long as i get "greetings traveler, long hath i awaited thee" sometimes too

"You did NOT just say that."

*"Back in Black" starts playing*

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I AM GRANDO posted:

Then, suddenly, a portal opens: it’s The Flash! He’s followed by several Batmen, Wonder Woman, Neo, at least three Jokers, and the most recognizable of the Looney Tunes properties. “We need your help for a threat that’s coming for all of us to win a basketball game” growls the Michael Keaton Jordan Batman.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Just read that Tom Sizemore had a brain aneurysm and is not expected to ever come out of the coma he's in, so his family's deciding whether or not to cut life support.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Folks, brace yourselves for another incoming Neil Breen flick

https://twitter.com/neilbreen/status/1630682259291537408?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

I thought the title in the tweet above was just a typo, but no, that’s apparently the actual formatting of the movie’s title.

https://twitter.com/razzbender/status/1625010238230339586?s=46&t=q9rx_Aj-WiQ7rU_XwHpUpg

That is some sociopath poo poo.

One of his other movies is called "I am here....now"

Four periods in an ellipse. Sick.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
There's a scene in Fateful Findings where Neil's wife watches him eat raw spinach while they stare intently at each other, then he precariously puts it on a vertical stack of manila folders... and it falls off! How they laugh, ha, ha.

That reminds me I need to finally watch and do a write up on Twisted Pair.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Quote-Unquote posted:

Oh no, we're going to have to endure months of racist wankers whining about April being played by a black woman. Willing to place a cash bet on idiots saying something about how her surname means she's of Irish descent so she must be white.

*cries shrilly* a woman voicing Wingnut??

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I never bothered to watch the Disaster Artist, but it might be fun to see some, uh, more experienced actors give the original script a go.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m going to continue to keep calling Disney cowards until they release the remake of Song of the South

Them doing this will square things between Disney and DeSantis

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Those poor people...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Simplex posted:

he was snuggling drugs,

I enjoyed this typo

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

duz posted:

Only if he's played by John de Lancie.

Yes!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

No GODDAMN IT Tim that's not the sound a cat makes!!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alhazred posted:

There's no way it was more obnoxious than the menu of the Fifth Element dvd.

I don't think I've ever watched my copy. I threw it in once, and waited at the menu, figured I was stupid or my player wasn't right for it and just put it back on the shelf.

I guess people were still figuring put DVD menus back then. The early ones still had mandatory trailers before the movie, like VHS tapes did.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

joylessdivision posted:

Not going to lie, Banana Splits Movie was a lot of fun. Really gory too which was a surprise. I'm pretty sure those were robots. It had a very "FNAF with the serial number filed off" except it had the Banana Splits which I'm only aware of because it was on Cartoon Network when I was a kid.

Just realized that everytime someone brings up the horror Banana Splits movie, I thought they were talking about a horror Bananas in Pajamas movie.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

I try but him having to try to seriously deliver dialogue like "Stop whining, what do you know about a man...named FARMER."

Worse than madness... darkness.

might be messing up that quote, it's been a while

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Godzilla + Kong, star-crossed romance.

Two islands

Both alike in gigantity

In fair Skull Island/Japan

Where we lay our scene

From ancient grudge

Break to new monster's bowl

Where kaiju blood

Makes kaiju hands unclean

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Flying Zamboni posted:

Nicholas Hoult has a face that screams "I'm going to run afoul of Dracula" and frankly it's surprising that it took until this year for it to happen.

That is extremely on point

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

duz posted:

On the Terminator 2 commentary James Cameron is upset that you can see Robert Patrick's dick because he has a bill from a company for "Dick Removal" yet it's still clearly there.

At the bottom of the bill, they wrote "we did the best we could :("

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hah, I wouldn't hate it. Karl is funny and Johnny Cage underwent a transition as more responsible goofy dad in Mortal Kombat X that he'd work for.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Possibly, but I still think some producer was like "I don't understand, why do they throw fireballs? The kids like Marvel, can we make it like Marvel superpowers?"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I was gonna say, demonstrate Fatalities with him and everyone's happy.

Also I hope they just don't mention the Arcana thing ever again. Like the guy from Hellboy 1 in Hellboy 2.

I think Myers gets mentioned once in Hellboy 2, in that he's off on assignment in Siberia or something. Del Toro probably had an exhausting fight with producers before that character had to be put in, too (producers would ask him about the character of Hellboy, "does he have to be a demon? Does he have to be red? Can't he just be a guy who transforms into Hellboy when he gets mad?").

MK had so many angles for a character to introduce the viewer to the weird world of magic ninjas. Could've looked over the shoulder of Johnny Cage on a career revival, Sonya on assignment after Kano (or Jax, going after Sonya), Liu Kang or Kung Lao, baby Sub-Zero trying to find what happened to his brother. But no, we had to have a guy who can summon a magic shirt.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol, studios and streaming services are probably dreaming of a future where AI generates movies for them based on current trends and starring actors who have been dead for decades, without any more cost than computer time. No more new art, just recycled and regurgitated bits of old, glued back together. Horrible.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Young Freud posted:

Wonder if we're going to see a SAG-AFTRA strike soon over this. Feels like "studio owns the rights to your likeness in perpetuity" is definitely something to strike over.

It also sounds like legally impossible, but there might be an urgent need to clarify this kind of thing in law. Like, yesterday.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'll see you this summer at

Pope Corky the IX posted:

BIRD BOX BARCELONA

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cacator posted:

I for one need another scene of Hellboy's parents being murdered and his mother's pearls falling to the ground.

A silhouette of Satan in the window of my study...

Yes, father, I shall become a Hellboy...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
There used to be this mystique about actors where it seemed like they lived in this secret world and had access to secret knowledge, and many of their quirks were taken in stride as part of that.

Then came social media and we could all see they're just as dumb and crazy as the rest of us, often moreso.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

B-Rock452 posted:

Act of Valor also had tons of scenes with people interacting who were blatantly on set at different times. If I recall most of the action scenes were filmed as part of some Navy promotion that wasn't meant for public release and they decided to try to put a movie around them. Emilio Rivera shows up at the end as some cartel leader and it doesn't even look like he is in the same country when he is firing at the seals

An incredible sharpshooter.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

Shockingly also in Samurai Cop

Hell, in Samurai Cop the wig visibly comes off in the final fight scene.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Asterite34 posted:

Didn't the first one establish that they sold their souls to the Actual Devil to get the magic book bound in human skin that contained the secrets of devouring the life energy of children to gain eternal youth? How the gently caress do you face-turn that?

Look, as the prequel will show, a child killed their parents

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
*bunch of writers in an office late at night, sleeves rolled up, chainsmoking and running hands through their sweaty hair* gently caress! I don't know, something about their periods? This is impossible!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Mother May I Sleep With The Leprechaun

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

yeah but Predators didn't make anything big

Lawrence Fishburne was pretty big in it

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Brief language?

Hey Barb.
Sup Ken.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

dr_rat posted:

quote:

The Oscar winner said that studios have turned down five of his projects in the last two months and that he's gearing up to focus on animated films only.

“They still say no to me,” the “Nightmare Alley” director said. “In the last two months, they said no to five of my projects. So it doesn’t go away. Making movies is eating a sandwich of poo poo. There’s always poo poo, just sometimes you get a little more bread with yours.”

Just give the man money to make the films he wants to you idiots!

Oh and he also thinks a lot of modern animation is pretty garbage:

quote:

“Animation to me is the purest form of art, and it’s been kidnapped by a bunch of hoodlums. We have to rescue it. [And] I think that we can Trojan-horse a lot of good poo poo into the animation world. I believe you can make an adult fantasy drama with stop-motion and move people emotionally. I think stop-motion can be intravenous, it can go straight to your emotions in a way that no other medium can.”

:( man, that sucks to hear. I know GDT's movies aren't always financial hits, but he's one of the most creative writer-directors out there. Studio bosses are probably like "an original property? Nahhh, how about you do a remake of something that came out five years ago?"

edit: adding quote for new page

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 16, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
edit: I got a little snarky in my reply, sorry. Obviously I'm aware that studios are just in it for da money.

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 16, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

I kinda liked it :ohdear: As an intro to a Invasion of the Body Snatchers Imposters type show where nobody can trust anybody and the world is just wrong, it kinda owns.

I kinda like it too, but I suspect the novelty of it works only once. The tech will probably be refined, but I hope this hype won't last. I'm imagining creative jobs being marginalized even further as the entertainment sector just repeatedly chews up and vomits out derivatives of the same work ad infinitum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

wow this makes me want to not watch it again

If you watch it backwards, you'll forget you saw it