Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Nonono, Jane was the wife, Rosie was George's sex robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alhazred posted:

Maybe this will be the movie where Michelle Rodriguez' character doesn't die.

Michelle Rodriguez's character dies, and then she shows up in the third act playing a different character under the rationale that her player just rolled up another guy

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ocean's Eleven, But It's The Tomb Of Horrors.

...it's gonna take a lot more than eleven guys, isn't it?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Vandar posted:

RAVENLOFT MOVIE WHEN?

Isn't that just that Hugh Jackman Van Helsing movie?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

They need to make it exciting for today's youth!

No more being coy and calling it "pipeweed" or "Old Tobey," or whatever, just straight up show Gandalf and Bilbo hitting fat blunts

Explicit romance between Gimli and Legolas

Gollum's one of those sad yandere anime waifus now

Sauron is played by Jared Leto

The Orcs are now those football hooligan Warhammer 40K Orks

Frodo says "gently caress"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

"The Ring cannot be destroyed by mortal hands, it's on the blockchain"

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

A real-world retelling of Lord of The Rings, set in 1995 Minnesota.

They already made that, it was called Jingle All the Way

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Wasn't there an entity called The Tolkien Estate that kind of took care not to let poo poo like this happen. Did WB bury them under a mountain of cash?

Christopher Tolkien finally died

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm certain that at least some parts of Neil Breen movies are supposed to be funny on purpose. I'm just not sure which specific parts

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

probably the weird stuff where the stepdaughter is super into him

No that's probably sincerely him being a perv

The montage of global conspirators committing suicide in increasingly elaborate ways was probably supposed to be darkly humorous though

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Final Sacrifice, starring Tom Holland as Troy McGregor and Jeff Bridges as Zap Rowsdower

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Troll 1 the prequel starring Timothée Chalamet as Arnold "and then they're gonna eat me OH MY GOOOOOOOOD"

Nonono, if he's the protagonist of a hypothetical Troll 1 remake, Chalamet would be playing the character of Harry Potter Jr.

It's a testament to the legacy of Troll 2 that it has so completely eclipsed the first movie in the public consciousness that nobody even cares that the first one stars a character named Harry Potter Jr.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

David Lynch's The Incredibly Strange Creatures That Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

In a discord I'm in there is outrage over this because people are saying they changed him into a ghost crab, which can't swim. I'm like I am going to look at literally anything else

Does he still have a kinda racist Jamaican accent though?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I'm not sure the children of the world are ready for photorealistic modern Bambi. Like I knew kids who went vegetarian after the cartoon version, this might actually cause genuine mental trauma.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Timby posted:

Stahelski.

Gesundheit

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alien abduction stories started to dry up once Sleep Paralysis started to enter the public consciousness as a relatively understood phenomenon

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

It’s funny how everyone says “turtle turtle” to make fun of master of disguise but nobody can be bothered to even remember what was bad about love guru not even “the guru pitka” followed by him cringe mugging at the camera

Ben Kinsley as Guru Tugginmypuddha.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alhazred posted:

"We have officially run out of stories to make movies out of."
"What if we make a feature length commercial for Nike?"
""....BRILLIANT!

This is like a 30 Rock bit. All it needs is someone realizing 2/3 of the way through production that they don't actually have the rights to Nike or Michael Jordan's likeness and have to quickly scramble to substitute in legally distinct stand-ins

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Byzantine posted:

We could make a movie where the Rock gets a dragon in a headlock, punts a giant crab into space, steals the Amazon queen's underclothes, and lifts the entire earth onto his shoulders.

OR

We could make a bad movie.

*Hollywood mashes the second option repeatedly*

At least those Lou Ferrigno Hercules movies had laser dinosaurs fighting in outer space and poo poo

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

I thought that was a sex thing

Does that make the Yoshi tongue thing an ahegao face?

...I hate that I know that word :cripes:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Even for a fish, that is a particularly vacant dead-eyed stare

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Didn't Finding Nemo more or less perfect shooting CG stuff that looks like it's properly underwater? What, where all those guys busy? Couldn't email over some notes or something? Anything?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Chairman Capone posted:

Do any of the live-action remakes... not necessarily improve on the original, but do anything interesting or innovative with them instead of just adding a ton of CGI?

I guess maybe The Jungle Book, but I also admittedly don't really remember the original that well.

From what I gather, they tend to make some characters hornier, and occasionally gayer but in a way where it's easily ignored/edited out for foreign markets.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Ten Things I Hate About You

It's basically The Taming of the Shrew, but with alien assimilation thrown in for some spice.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I will only accept a GI Joe/Transformers crossover film if it faithfully adapts the comics, for obvious reasons

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

How though? They became good in the end and it fuckin sucked rear end.

Didn't the first one establish that they sold their souls to the Actual Devil to get the magic book bound in human skin that contained the secrets of devouring the life energy of children to gain eternal youth? How the gently caress do you face-turn that?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

davidspackage posted:

Look, as the prequel will show, a child killed their parents

Ah, the beginning of the Lizzie Borden Cinematic Universe

(yes I know the timeline doesn't match up, I just couldn't think of any other famous murder-children)

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Should just adapt some other water-lady story into a Disney movie. Friedrich de la Motte Fouqué's Undine is a public domain fairy tale too, and it has throuples and a mass murder scene! The foreign market would eat that up.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Raiders is as distant from the 40's pulp serials it was inspired by as we in the present day are from Raiders. We've entered recursive nostalgia territory, where people ape crap from their childhood that was itself aping crap from its creators' childhood, it's like an M C Escher painting

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The confusing thing about the trailer is that apparently the titular Ruby Gillman is pretending to be human even though she's, you know, blue.

Maybe everyone just thinks her parents are big into alternative medicine and she's just doped up on colloidal silver

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

How do we make the purge movies even more tryhard? I know

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1677320176113426437

This is the dumbest premise and I have so many questions

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shai Hulud but it's a giant gummy worm

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

This looks like a sequel to Quest of the Delta Knights. I hope it plays at the drive-in

It'll be a nice day at the drive-in, if it doesn't rain

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

If the sun isn't too warm

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

AI David Warner, you are under arrest by order of David Warner's estate

Which AI David Warner, Sark or the MCP?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

idgaf if the last one is real or not

A Dog's Purpose is, apparently, Vengeance :black101:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Zach Snyder presents: Jupiter Ascending But Without Any Whimsy

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Haha, that's awesome. Honestly surprised him and Henry Cavill haven't done a movie together so they could just chill out talking sci-fi nerd stuff on set.

Sorry, Cavill is a Warhammer fan and Diesel is a D&D fan, the differences are irreconcilable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Which Full Moon evil puppet movie was it with the supervillain (whose evil plan naturally involved turning people into tiny kinda racist caricature puppets to use as assassins) who wore a big Doctor Doom mask to conceal that his head was the size of a baseball? Had a mopey serious guy in clown makeup for a henchman? I saw it like 15 years ago and Full Moon made so goddamn many evil puppet movies it's hard to pinpoint any specific one based on hazy recollections.